Not Accepting Guests
- Last login 5 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Samantha’s full profile. It’s free!
A kind of big paradox : Even if I am grounded, I also really often spend my time in dreaming, thinking, strolling, watching people...I'm a human being lover : I'm sure there are so much interesting people to meet on this planet, but we are so small and life so short, that my only regret would be to miss nice encounters. So curious, I see my life in travelling as much as I can, to discover new countries, landscapes, cultures, and learn from people, human nature, in order to grow through and thanks to these trips...
I've lived in French Guiana (South America)for most of my life, then France, Denmark and I'm living right now in Montreal, Canada for the last 2,5 years, where I work as a civil engineer creating steel structures for shows. I've visited Canada and the US during 1 and 1/2 month and travelled for a short period in Honduras/Belize and Mexico. My next goal is to travel for a longer period in Asia..
You, human being that I don't know yet, I'm looking forward to meet you!
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
I started to surf severals places during my trip to scandinavia on summer 09. I was kind of desesperate about human nature and learnt about the website. I gave it a try and it was such a nice experience, a real mind opener, a reconcilation to human being, that I coudn't think of going on other trips without couchsurfing!
- I'm a music lover (folk, indie, trip hop...), trying to play the guitar as well as KAKI KING, going to a lot of nice gigs in small and charming places...always looking for new artists and following the independant scene.
- I'm interested in different kind of arts, especially Photography and design :)
- I love sports too, I have ridden horses for more than 13 years...been a french champion in Hunter seat equitation in 2001... but when I can I practice different sports (tennis, squash, snowboarding, sailing, surfing, roller, bike...)...now I can't spend a week without playing badminton, and practice it in competition, a drug I'm on for the last 8 years!
Music, Movies, and Books
- Movies : charlie and the chocolate factory, the green mile, Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain, micmacs à tire larigot,seven lifes, Into the wild, green fried tomatoes, Fingersmith...
- Music : I almost like all kind of music but especially Indie-folk, electronic-minimal-trip hop...José Gonzalez, Emily jane white, Agnes Obel, Alina Orlova, Priscilla Ahn, Stina Nordestam, Laura veirs, Lisa Ekdahl, Laura marling, the cardigans, The moldy peaches, Blue fondation,Bonobo, andrew bird, cat power, cocorosie, cocosuma, the cranberries, Keren Ann, Stacey Kent, Kaki king, sarah bettens and k's choice, a chorus of story tellers, cascadeur, animal collective, antony and the johnsons,apparat, belle and sebastian, Ben Harper,Beirut, Bon iver, cocteau twins, cut copy, coeur de pirate, Damien Rice, Dawn landes, Deerhunter, Devendra Banhart, Eddie Vedder, Eels, Eliott smith, Emilie Simon, Era, Feist, Fairchild,Hjaltalin, Horsepower, Jocari, Jonsi, Joseph Arthur, Leif Vollebekk,Madjo, Massive attack, microcastle, Mike snow, Moriarty, Mount kimbie, nouvelle vague, plants and animals, regina spektor,she and him, sigur ros, smooth, starsailor, teitur, syd matters,the be good tanyas,stacey Kent, Tegan and Sarah, the decemberists... But also trentemoller, vitalic, Ellen Allien, Miss Kittin, Ladytron, Quartz...More?????
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
-A big trip when I was 16 with my family in a big rental car : we spent 2 months in the south - east of the United States driving on the road, we crossed several states, with totally different landscapes : Florida, Alabama, Tenesse, South Carolina...stayed nights in motels, but some others in New Orleans, on a wood house on the beach on Islands in South Carolina..visited Elvis Presley Museum in Nashville...see some does in the smocky montains...doing some attractions in Orlando...
-I decided in July 2005 to do some shopping by myself 3 days in London : just during the attacks...the two first explosions where 500 meters from my Hostel : none taxi wanted to come to pick me up in this area to bring me to the airport the next day...special atmosphere!
Teach, Learn, Share
"Hapiness only real when shared" - Into the Wild, the movie.
"I shall be gone and live, or stay and die" -SHAKESPEARE
"You have comfort. You do not have the luxury. And do not tell me that money has anything to do with it. The luxury I advocate has nothing to do with money. It can not be bought. It is the reward of those who are not afraid of discomfort" - JEAN COCTEAU.
"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man" - GEORGE BERNARD SHAW
"What is the opposite of happiness? Sadness? No. Happiness and sadness are two sides of one coin, as are love and hate. Tears of happiness is a perfect illustration. The opposite of love is indifference and the opposite of happiness is ... boredom." TIMOTHY FERRIS
"The "postponers to tomorrow" are those who keep everything to the end (and find they have not lived)."
Countries I’ve Visited
Austria, Belgium, Belize, Canada, Denmark, Egypt, Germany, Greece, Honduras, Ireland, Italy, Malta, Martinique, Mexico, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Réunion, Spain, Suriname, Sweden, Switzerland, Tunisia, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In
Canada, Denmark, France, French Guiana