Not Accepting Guests
- Last login almost 2 years ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Sandy’s full profile. It’s free!
Just truckin' along
I'm back from my world wind adventure so now I can host! Previously, I decided that traveling the world was more important than buying a house or keeping my permanent government job. I left home in April 2012 to work at a winery in Italy traveled around every time my visa expired. I'm a pacific northwest girl who loves the outdoors, food, and music. My camera is attached to my hip and I thrive off of new experiences. I've been told I have an infectious laugh, but I just think it's obnoxious. I also really like hugs. And cheese.
“Play hard and play a lot and then work hard so you can play again.” - Jimbo Hartle
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I'm new to couchsurfing although all I've heard from my friend Brandon is how amazing and awesome it is. I am now available to host!
Mostly just finding travel buddies but I have hosted once!
I love people watching just as much as I love meeting new people. I am inspired by the people I have had the pleasure of meeting in my life, and strive to share what I've learned with everyone else. The things I feel most passionate about are Food, Travel, Hiking/Climbing, Music, and life in general.
- outdoor activities
- rock climbing
Music, Movies, and Books
I am a combination of Wild - Eat, Pray, Love, Harry Potter, and Growing a Farmer. I'm kind of all over the place.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Favorite travel experiences of all time (not in order):
1. Spreading fava beans by hand in a small vineyard in Italy surrounded by 3-feet tall wild mint.
2. Drinking wine and playing air guitar with the winemaker I was working for.
3. Waking up at sunrise in a tent to the sound of hot air balloons passing by a few hundred feet away from me in Cappadoccia, Turkey.
4. Randomly pairing up with some Canadians on a train to Oregon sharing wine, mimosas, and beers.
5. Laying in a valley of fairy chimneys and counting shooting stars at night.
6. Going for a 30 mile bike ride on the coast of Ireland, climbing fences and having lunch on top of the Cliffs of Mohr.
7. Made it to the Himalayas.
8. Danced in an Indian wedding in India.
9. Bathed with elephants in a river in Thailand.
10. Made new friends close enough to be family all over the world.
Countries I’ve Visited
Canada, India, Ireland, Italy, Thailand, Turkey, United Kingdom
Countries I’ve Lived In
Italy, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States