Maybe Accepting Guests
- 28% response rate
- Last login about 4 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Shura’s full profile. It’s free!
a capricornist, if not an extreme one.
otherwise at the age of 30 im a young guy of medium height, regular body, average fitness with...a big bunch of hair.
"a taker or a leaver, the choice is urs"
ishmael, daniel quinn
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
BEFORE SENDING ME A REQUEST, PLEASE READ:
I started in CS in 2013 and as the years went by have met a lot of people from all around the world through hosting, surfing, and simply meeting in person or in group. Most of these people have become friends, if not lifelong, of both me and my family while only very few of them have fallen into mere acquaintances after we parted. I feel blessed and I hope things continue to work out this way in the years to come.
However, as it turned out, lately i've found out that more and more of the requests im receiving are getting less and less interesting, basically becox most of them are ranged between self-centred travelholic looking for a place to crush after running out of budget and boring couples mistaking this for a room in Airbnb. I am not saying that these people are not welcome in my place, but I would appreciate to at least c a "click" with my guest who are supposed to be spending few days together with me.
So what this "click" would mean, after pondering over for quite a while, could be one of the following:
1. you love kids. having 2 kids at home, staying with me means staying with little monsters yelling and running around the place. if u genuinely love to play with kids and are willing to spend ur time doing so, u are most welcome in my place. having ur own kids with u, who love to play with kids of other culture as much as u do, would certainly be the best ticket to enter my house;
2. you love animals, especially felines, would appreciate their company and do not go all hysterical when you got scratched or bitten at times and have good advice for my obese cat which always fight with the other one with Down syndrome;
3. you are cautious and conscious in the variation of chinese culture, want to know or understand the difference between hongkongers, taiwanese and mainland chinese and would love to talk abt it, or compare it with the situation ur own nation / homeland is facing;
4. you have read the book Ishmael or other works of Daniel Quinn, knows anything about the Zeigeist Movement, or are simply sceptical of the existing system worldwide and would love to talk about them and share ur opinions;
5. you have an eye for movie, or a ear for music, and are passionate in spreading ur choice to the world. my choices are listed below, and i would really appreciate a gd conversation and even spend time watching a movie together;
6. we have at home a piano, a guitar, a violin, an accordion, a harmonica, 2 recorders plus some other percussion instruments, and my wife would appreciate a time to jam if u happen to be a musician as well;
7. if u are a volleyball or basketball player, be prepared to join games with me. we would also love to go to the beach or climb a mountain with u, but the problem is we are having small kids at home, we can talk and c how it goes;
8. my wife cooks and we believe food is best when shared, so if u also love to be in the kitchen and share ur cuisine with us it would be great. even if its just some snack, dessert or a seep of wine we are fine becox all we want to experience is ur culture through u
Some people are concerned that their English is not competent enough to strike up a conversation, and eventually excuse themselves from talking. But believe me if u really wanna talk, i would always be helping u to express ur ideas. all in all staying with us is all about sharing time. if u do not find any of the above interesting u, i guess its better u do not send me a request.
Silvano Taormina, March/16
Ana Lopes Lunardi, December/15
Vlada Goldberg, October/15
Conor Kerry, April/15
Alejandro Acero, April/14
Anja Gérin, April/14
Victoria Cornejo, October/12
Lars Jellestad, April/12
Ana y Pablo, March/12
Stella Stella, January/12
arts: theatre, literature, movies, music, performing arts
sports: swimming, free-diving, water sports, travelling, wandering, walking, volleyball, basketball
others: nature, ocean, dolphin, cat...any creatures and beings but the takers business
Music, Movies, and Books
japanese lit, english lit, gothic lit, edgar allan poe, agatha christie, stephen king, ishmael series, shawshank redemption, one flew over the cuckoo's nest, dogville, lhasa, ken hirai, jason mraz, norah jones, joanna wang, crowd lu, eason chan...spanish guitar, cello, piano, harmonica
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
an amazing encounter with wild dolphins in the coast of kenya
camped in the wild in the coldest month on la palma canarias, only to know that nature could be so overwhelmingly amazing in appreciation
get invitation in CS to a band show and it turns out the best live performance i've seen. E Viva!
Teach, Learn, Share
a bad teacher but a good story teller and a fast learner.
What I Can Share with Hosts
just anything i (think i) know:
swimming, cats, languages, places i hv been...
Countries I’ve Visited
Belgium, China, Germany, Italy, Jordan, Kenya, Malaysia, Netherlands, Peru, Portugal, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand
Countries I’ve Lived In
China, Nigeria, Philippines, Spain, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom