- Last login 3 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Farid’s full profile. It’s free!
I'm usually not comfortable in describing myself, since I think words doesn't really matter, and since my "self" is continually changing.
We say, we are our choices, so here some of the choices I've made:
-I never based any of my choice of what is suppose to be normal or not. I btw always had a problem with this word " normal ".
- When I first met the possibility to go abroad, my hearth was beating to the unknown, I went...
- I always go for challenges and change. Routine's life is much frightening for me.
- I am vegan. To me it is activism and health for the privileged
- I've chosen to join an alternative school, where we gonna travel a lot, live in community and thousand of adventures, and try to make an impact.
- I choose a life of collective fulfillment rather than a one of personal gain.
We are as well a little bit what we believe in so:
- I don't have any belief (now) about the god question, or death, or whatever mystical issues. I just think it's impossible to know the truth so I don't feel concern about those thinks. I only focus on life.
- I believe that emotions are the special features of life. So to live truly would be to feel as much emotions as possible. To have a good life would be to feel as much good emotions as possible. I believe as well that great emotions are not easy to reach, they usually arrive after a great effort. Of course being with other people create more emotions.
- I believe that if we would be able to use a bigger par of our brain cells, or have access to another dimension of our soul we would have powers, like the power to hypnotize, to levitate, of telekinesis, of self-healing... and I believe that some have already achieved that level.
- I believe that experiencing different circumstances is the best school.
- To travel is a way of facing circumstances.
"Never too old, never too bad, never too late and never too sick to start from scratch once again"
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I am on CS because I like to travel and I don´t like to sleep in hotel. I can´t afford it and you don ´t meet people. I also like meeting people and sharing the space and I might have in the place I call home. Plus I have a whole philosophy about how you can get much more out of travelling if you stay out of the money / consumerism system and instead focus on connecting with people, contributing to the community/ place you are in, and be open to receiving support. hospitality and differences.
So I host people and I sometimes needs a couch :) I usually host anyone gladly. I don´t always know though how much time I have for my guests but I will let you know when you send me a couch request. At the moment I live in the country side of Denmark in an alternative university/community. You of course welcome at anytime. www.dns-tvind.dk
I've been in some Marseille CS gathering in the summer time on the beach. There were my first CS experiences. Then I hosted quite some people during my 6 month stay in Aarhus. However most of my experiences in being a host and a guests were out of CS. Generally when I travel in Europe I have some friends where i go or a friends have a friends who... And then in Africa (in the countries I have been) people are more open than in Europe when it comes to hosting a traveler.
I am interested in reality, both the outer and inner ones. I believe that freedom and love originates from the total acceptation of reality and that means seeking for knowledge and understanding of the self and the whole.
Oh well that might be quite abstracts interests, then I´d say that I am interested in activism and directs actions, in change, decisions. I call myself an anarchist. I like to create event for people, I like to dive into some high up ideas. Taking part in activits camp.
Music, Movies, and Books
Books I read over the last 3 years:
A long walk for freedom, Ismael, the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy, the unbearable lightness of being, Tiger poetry, social business, on the duty of civil disobedience...
I would have liked to read much more books but time wise I did not manage.
Movies ( It is not so often I find movies I really like and I would even say that I prefer to watch documentaries but again some of the ones I watch over the last 3 years):
5 broken cameras, A Syrian love story, How the kids took over, the end of poverty, the road to Guantanamo Bay, Disobedience, Projekt-A,
Music: Lately I have enjoyed Bliss´n esso "Circus in the Sky", Immortal Technic, and various other artists and music genre.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Occupying a coal mine as a mass civil disobedience action which I hope was just the beginning of many years of activists involvements.
Teach, Learn, Share
The world is our classroom and all the people are our teachers!
Countries I’ve Visited
Austria, Belgium, Botswana, Finland, France, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Malawi, Morocco, Mozambique, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Tanzania, Zambia
Countries I’ve Lived In
Denmark, France, Germany, United Kingdom