Not Accepting Guests
- Last login about 2 years ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Soo Hian’s full profile. It’s free!
To grow long hair like a hippie and write wonderful stuff
Laid-back, easy-going, love puns and wordplay, will provide counsel when needed, spontaneous, and wonderful!
Do not go to bed angry.
You do not have to be right all the time.
Do no evil.
If you can't say something nice, then shut up. (But when work is involved, openness and tact is better.)
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I can show you non-touristy places in Singapore so that you can see how some locals live and eat here.
I'm not a super foodie but if you want to see skate parks, nature reserves, nature parks, hawker centres, HDB flats, well I can show you.
I have zero couchsurfing experience.
Good traveling experiences include making friends from Korea and China while on holiday in Hanoi. They were also tourists in Hanoi and we met while on the way back from Halong Bay and we decided to have dinner together.
- comics, not really super-hero kinds, but more slice of life or witty, wry kinds, like Chris Ware, Scott Pilgrim, Adrian Tomine, Troy Chin, Alan Moore, and some japanese kinds.
- tv shows and movies from US, Japan and BBC. Like Seinfeld, Arrested Development, Parks and Recreation, Community, Robot Chicken, BBC nature documentaries like Human Planet, Planet Earth, and Japanese Dramas like 13 work, 22 min detective (tantei?), 99 Days with a Star, etc.
- pop culture and political satire and analysis
- social science essays by Malcom Gladwell, Alaine de Botton, etc.
I usually spend my time watching tv shows at home, playing a bit of video games on rare occasions, reading comics or books.
If i go out, i like to meet friends for movies in the cinema, visit art exhibitions/museums (modern art), or shop. Toys, comic books, pop culture are the things that catch my eye.
Other physical pursuits are stuff like going to the gym with friends on Sunday, and jogging sometimes during weekdays after work.
Music, Movies, and Books
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Nearly dying when I fell off the dingy when water-rafting in Sabah, West Malaysia. The rapids were brown waters that churned and gushed, spitting at you violently. I fell off like 2 times and each time, I thought I was going to die. Haha.
2nd near-death experience was when I was learning to scuba-dive...
Teach, Learn, Share
i can teach you about:
local Singapore politics
local Singapore history
i have moderate skills in:
beginner weight-training at the gym
languages - English, Mandarin, Hainanese
(I won't say I'm an expert in the above subjects. I'm just learning or have done a bit of them before, so if you'd like to know about them, I can share with you.)
I can introduce books or sources about:
Comics I think are cool
TV shows I think are super
Countries I’ve Visited
Cambodia, China, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, New Zealand, Thailand, Viet Nam
Countries I’ve Lived In