Wants to Meet Up
- Last login about 1 month ago
Join Couchsurfing to see SurfingKangarooHAHA’s full profile. It’s free!
Get amongst it!
I may not always have a room or a car, but when I do you always have a bed or a ride. I may be new to couchsurfing.org, but I have been couchsurfing for most of my adult life.
It just keeps getting better
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I surfed from Finland to Germany via the Baltics, and over the summer I hosted 100+ couchsurfers in Sydney with my childhood friends.
As above. Our hosting record was sleeping 14 couchsurfers in 1 night in our 3 bedroom apartment in Bondi.
I'm into music of all kinds, riding boards down big scary hills, (edited because i quit drinking -funny story ask me about it!), meeting people who like the same things as myself and people who don't, flagrant punctuation misuse;;;;; and happy times.
Music, Movies, and Books
Don't really get down with the movies so much, but I like pretty much anything Wes Anderson or Spike Jonze does. I dig music documentaries too: End Of The Century, Not A Photograph, Death For Five Voices, We're Never Going Home and so on...
Music: where do I start? Rock and roll; especially garage, punk or psychedelic are probably my favourites; but I like just about anything if it's well written. There are good songs in pop, hip hop, soul, folk, r'n'b, symphony orchestras, homeless people playing for beer money, military marching bands, DJs, maybe even you.
Books: Most things I like to read don't really fit into the category of serious, brow-furrowing novels that people like to leave lying around so that others will think they're smart even though they haven't actually read it (I'm guilty of this too, Finnegan's Wake gave me a headache so bad I had to read toilet paper for a week). Websites, periodicals, and other such dubious sources of information are a good way to pass the time on the road when there's no-one interesting to talk to.
That said, the following have enriched my life: Feral Kid by Libby Hathorn, Ham on Rye by Charles Bukowski, Paddy Clarke ha ha ha by Roddy Doyle, anything by Sue Townsend or David Sedaris, and those collegiate main offenders like Dostoevsky.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
I wrote a Scandinavian Hip Hop album called "Natural Bjorn Killers - Eurap". No, not really, but that'd be pretty funny, huh?
Teach, Learn, Share
Updated 2018 travel version! Now with less information!
1) memory foam pillows. I have several, one of them has traveled over 70,000 kilometres with me. Silk pillowcase too. Gangsta as
2) noise canceling headphones. You can pay 400 bucks for the Bose ones, or you can "borrow" a pair from JAL as you're walking through first class.
3) cannabis. I have slept from America to Australia thanks to our ol' pal weed. Don't be a dumbass, smash that shit BEFORE you go through security. Nothing beats flying high.
4) if the airlines never feed you enough, pack a few bowls (not packets) of ramen. The airline will provide the boiling water and voila! Munchies cured.
5) pick the aisle seat. You'll take like 1 photo out the window, but you'll piss 5 times. Window seat is so overrated unless you're 5, in which case sit down and shut the fuck up.
What I Can Share with Hosts
Whatever's in my van: that's usually skateboards, snowboards, vinyl records, hockey and bball gear, paints, guitars and keyboards. And whatever's in my head, which to be honest is pretty much the same as the above list except with friends and family and the cosmos and other stuff that doesn't fit in the van
Countries I’ve Visited
Canada, Czech Republic, Estonia, Germany, Latvia, Lithuania, New Zealand, Poland, Sweden, United Kingdom, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In
Australia, Canada, Finland, Japan, New Zealand