Not Accepting Guests
- Last login over 3 years ago
Join Couchsurfing to see the’s full profile. It’s free!
I am a squat where people who want can come and stay for as long as they wish. There is dumpster dived food and (self-proclaimed) nice people. If you plan to come over, please make sure you read this profile properly. If there are concepts you are not familiar with and wish to know more about, the internet is your friend. Alternatively we can exchange knowledge when you get here. If this is an emergency request, don't worry about reading the profile but bring with you an open mind :)
sharing the space with.. hitchhikers, dumpster divers, anarchists, squatters, nomads, couchsurfers who need a couch, people, insert label here, forget all labels and just show up and share! :)
..or the slightly longer version:
The first members of the Lighthouse have agreed on using the SAFER SPACE POLICY, as defined bellow. There exists a quiet space, a workshop area, a common space, a completely shared kitchen and a freeshop. Other activities or spaces can be proposed. People with children and pets are welcome. Vegan & vegetarian are welcome, and there is a separate space for recycled meat to be kept away from other food.
These are just guidelines, so if you don't agree with something, it can be discussed at one of the weekly group meetings and hopefully changed in a way in which everyone feels safe and in an acceptable situation for living together.
Safer Space Policy
1. Racism, as well as ageism, homophobia, sexism, transphobia, fatphobia, ableism or prejudice based on ethnicity, nationality, class, gender, gender presentation, language ability, asylum status or religious affiliation is unacceptable and will be challenged.
2. Respect each other’s physical and emotional boundaries, always get explicit verbal consent before touching someone or crossing boundaries.
3. Be aware of the space you take up and the positions and privileges you bring, including racial, class and gender privilege.
4. Avoid assuming the opinions and identifications of other people.
5. Recognize that we try not to judge, put each other down or compete.
6. Be aware of the language you use in discussion and how you relate to others. Try to speak slowly and clearly and use uncomplicated language.
7. The community endeavors as much as is feasible to ensure that meeting spaces are as accessible as possible to the widest range of people.
8. Foster a spirit of mutual respect: Listen to the wisdom everyone brings to the group.
9. Give each person the time and space to speak, especially in larger groups.
10. “Respect the person; challenge their behaviour.” - Separate someone's actions from their person.
11. In a situation where there is a conflict regarding these ways of living, leading to someone feeling unsafe, we will try to solve the problem by discussing ways for everyone to feel safe.
12. Whilst guidelines are collective responsibility everyone is also personally responsible for their own behaviour.
13. The Lighthouse is an (legal & illegal) drugs free space. This includes alcohol and cigarettes. (obviously). Feel free to smoke outside the space.
PEOPLE, feeling freedom, diminishing fear, community, learning, extreme sharing, anti-consumerism, hitchhiking, cycling, squatting, alternative communities, not depending on this screwed up capitalist system, exploring beaches & abandoned buildings, kindness (giving & receiving), musical instruments(guitar, ukulele, harmonica, etc), dumpster diving, vegan ideas people & food, queer & feminist struggles, anarchism & anarchist ideas to bring people together, languages, no border movement and migration issues, animal liberation, environmental problems, healthy living, alternative ways of living&self-organising, permaculture&growing things, DIY-anything, books, self-sufficiency, playing games with people: good day bob, ninja, blind walking, spoons, settlers of catan, carcassonne, shadow hunter, dixit, last night on earth, citadelles, mao, etc.
Teach, Learn, Share
I wish my space to be used for people to share all kinds of skills and do any kinds of workshops. Either held by people who want to teach something they actually know about, or people who want to learn by experimenting and exploring together.
Have a project you wanna do? The space is there to be used! :)