Not Accepting Guests
- 100% response rate
- Last login about 2 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Michiel’s full profile.
Hello/bonjour/hola/cześć/привіт Couchsurfers ! How are you?
I was born and raised in the south of The Netherlands. These days I Iive very close to Eindhoven and Den Bosch. I would consider myself as a honest, helpful and easy going person who likes to explore and meet new people. Others say I am funny and friendly.
My motto: If you never try, you never know!
Find out more about me? Find me on social media via https://www.michiel.bio
- I won't accept your request if your profile is empty ✍️
- I'm not hosting long-term! Max. 3 nights!
- I accept everyone regardless of gender, sexual orientation, race, etc. You're all welcome
- From my place the earliest you can ARRIVE to the airport is✈️:
MO-FR: 7 AM SA: 8 AM SU: 10 AM
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
One of the reasons I'm a member is because I like to help others where I can. Hosting people gives me satisfaction. Another reason is that I like to meet new people and learn about other cultures.
- Cooking is what I like to do, I cook with fresh ingredients every day I also like to invite friends and family from time to time to cook and have dinner together. Will you allow me to cook for you ?
- It's important for me to stay in shape as much as I can, that's why I go to the gym at least twice a week. As a Dutchman it's obvious that I do like cycling as well :)
- In 2015 I got infected with the travel virus, I took my first intercontinental flight to a friend in Arizona, US. After a while I wanted more and so I traveled to California where I explored the west coast.
- Music is important to me as I don't like silence. So most of the time there's music playing out of the speakers in my house.
- Big Formula 1 racing fan🏁🏎️, there's no race that I miss not even when I'm abroad!
-Photography, I like taking pictures! It's amazing how every photo tells a different story.
- trance music
- formula 1
- human brain
Music, Movies, and Books
🎵 The music I listen to is very diverse, it can be pop, trance, blues, jazz or even country music.
examples of artists I listen to:
Trance: Armin van Buuren
Pop: Coldplay, Chainsmokers, Train, Counting Crows.... many many more
Blues: BB King
Jazz: Frank Sinatra
Country: Kiefer Sutherland
📺 Most of the movies I watch are action/thriller/scifi or documentaries
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Only one ?
- Solo traveling in the US and Canada for 3 months! 🌎
- Parachute jumping over one of the Frisian islands in The Netherlands!
- Surviving after being in a coma for days in exteme critical condition!
- Attending several sport matches such as NBA, MLB and NASCAR in US and Canada
- Sleeping in a treehouse in Canada
- Fired a handgun in the Arizona dessert and a machine gun in California
- Became a more open and self-confident person after solo travelling and using CS.
- Admiring the beauty of the National Parks in North-America and Europe
There's more, but I would be happy to talk about this when we meet instead of writing it here :)
Teach, Learn, Share
I used to volunteer as a Dutch language teacher for over 4 years. So if you are interested I can teach you some of the Dutch language!
What I Can Share with Hosts
- I'm a talkative guy and so I like to have conversations which can be about anything, but also like to listen so not only talk :)
- I will be more than happy to assist you in any way I can!
- As you might have read I like to cook, so maybe you allow me to cook dinner for you!
Countries I’ve Visited
Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, England, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Saint Martin (French part), Scotland, Sint Maarten (Dutch part), Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, United States