Maybe Accepting Guests
- 61% response rate
- Last login about 2 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Alexandra’s full profile. It’s free!
C u l t u r a l - E x c h a n g e. Music and philosophy... in the Songs... and in the Languages :-)
In fact right now I´m trying to recollect my French )) and would prefer practising it or some other languages I know to speaking English (when it´s really possible, of course).
Just in case, there is useful info for English-speaking visitors here http://data.mos.ru/datasets?categoryId=10
Well... ) Like most CS members, she is friendly and romantic, besides, music-perceptive :-) she may sometimes be shy or take things to heart (while being calm outwardly), however, she tries to see everything philosophically and with a sense of humour :-D
I can't imagine my life now without jazz music (especially latin jazz), listening and singing to it, and, besides, dancing, when it suits for it )
I love meeting wanderers with unusual backgrounds, who are glad and open to share their travelling and cultural experience )
Our life is full of wonders, we should only learn to notice them, be open-minded and not afraid to try new things and change ourselves, there's no life without movement, and there are hints on our way telling what road it's better to choose but... you can see them only when your heart is open!
Gabriel Garcia Marquez:
Don't cry about something that passed. Smile because it has happened.
In this world you are only a human but
for someone you might be the whole world.
When we love, we always strive to become better than we are.
When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.
Beauty will save the world
(he meant the beauty coming from the soul)
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I've got to know many travellers in Moscow. We walked around, there are even some wonderful Moscow places I hadn't known before and discovered thanks to them :-)
I always enjoyed exchange of culture & ideas, so it was mostly positive experience.
I hosted a few times ) Surfed & met locals from CS in different cities of Spain and in Lisboa, thanks to that, the journey was so interesting & the memories of it are unforgettable!
meeting people from different parts of the world, travelling and surfing
TRAVELLING and discovering new things
CULTURAL EXCHANGE - by means of languages, music etc.
I love DANCES - salsa and Cuban son, Argentine tango, samba de gafieira, blues, foxtrot (slow version), tap-dance, lindy hop, waltz, Irish dance, flamenco, Indian classical kathak etc (dancing is my hobby since childhood)
& Singing - JAZZ songs & ballads, Bossa Nova, Cuban Bolero, Son etc, World Music & Ethnic Fusion :-)
Hiking, Yoga, Cycling & Jogging in a good company
Music, Movies, and Books
Music - mostly jazz, especially Latin Jazz (see above). If I start to list I may forget about something :-)
I particularly enjoy French comedies and dramas. Beautifully made films (Bertolucci, for example). A number of Spanish and Latin American films. Interesting documentaries.
Of course - quite a number of Russian books, various foreign ones, magic realism (G.Marquez, Alejo Carpentier), plays with interesting dialogues, classic & some of modern poetry.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- dancing salsa with a CS travellor in Moscow subway (underpass near the entrance to the metro) to the music played by street musicians. If he hadn't suggested, I wouldn't have thought of doing it ) That our first and last dance turnt out to be unexpectedly harmonious because we were so lit up, encouraged by the bold idea!
- singing a flamenco rumba song accompanied by a Spanish musician from CS in Sevilla - I was so excited that I forgot words at the end, however it was great :-)
I saw a CS post and ocasionally got to a salsa party in "a hidden place" in Barcelona with performance of musicians unknown to me where suddenly one of my favourite salsa musicians - Alexander Abreu appeared - and played trumpet and sang! ) And another nice surprise: though I didn't have contacts of CS members coming to this party, some guys I danced there with - happened to be couchsurfers )))
- singing to the guitar bossa nova, samba and some Russian songs with a brasilian traveler-guitar-player some hours before the departure of his train, at Moscow McDonalds (because it was late, dark, cold and rainy outside - we couldn't find a better place )))
Teach, Learn, Share
I can teach:
- a little bit of different pair dances
- the languages I speak
I'd like to
- improve foreign languages + learn some new ones, like Italian
- try to learn to play bossa nova/jazz on piano or guitar,
+ ethnical instruments
- sing jazz and other good music with musicians from different countries, make a wonderful jam-session!
- learn to dance samba de gafieira and tap dance, Argentinian tango and flamenco )
Countries I’ve Visited
France, Portugal, Spain
Countries I’ve Lived In
Mauritius, Russian Federation