Wants to Meet Up
- Last login 3 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Carolina ’s full profile. It’s free!
Happiness is a journey, not a destination
I'm from Panama but half Swedish. I am currently living in Stockholm studying interactive art direction at Hyper Island. Before that, I was living in Manchester for 6 years working as a graphic designer.
I am also a freelance photographer in my spare time.
You can see some of my graphic design work and photography work here:
I'm also the founder of a free creative monthly event in Manchester called "Drink n'Doodle". If you'd like to know more about it, you can check it out here:
I'd say I am a free-spirited explorer of the world. My motto is "work hard, play hard". I caught the travel bug a few years ago and have never stopped traveling. I also love cooking, (I thought a few years back I never would) but there's nothing better than coming back home from a hard days work and having some friends over for great dinner & drinks.
I'm a very spontaneous, fun, creative and friendly person (sometimes too outgoing so some people might not understand that too much but I mean it in a friendly way). I've spent the last 7 years, working, and studying in different cities in Europe such as:
Things I love:
• Pantone colours (I'm a graphic design geek)
• Cooking things from scratch
• Making lists
• Collecting postcards
• A good bottle of wine (especially fruity red wine) or White Zinfandel Rose
• Minimal design
• Trying new things (food, experiences, languages, films, etc)
• Drawing/ Making stuff (That's why I keep organised Pinterest boards of what inspires me http://www.pinterest.com/carolinabeiertz)
• Lovely amazing, well designed packaging
• Typography (especially handmade typography)
• Exploring different cultures (venturing into the unknown)
• I love sleeping, especially after good night out (I'm not an early morning person but I can drag myself out of bed when I need to)
• Making other people happy
• Complimenting strangers (If I like their clothing, their style, or personality)
• Photographing people I know/love/cherish/find inspiring
I think life is short so just do what you think is right, and make the most out of it. Be yourself, and don't let other people get in the way of your goals and dreams.
As they say : "Don't live to work, but work to live"
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I attend the bi-monthly CS meetings and also go to special events like the CS New Year Barn Party, and I host my own events like "Drinkn'Doodle". I also love hosting people, especially when they've taken the time to write amazing couchrequests.
I've been hosted in
Cata from Chile
Tine Marguiller from Belgium.
Rodrigo Serrano from Burgos, Spain.
Mattias Gybels from France.
Melanie Harouel from France
Peter Kovacs from Hungary
Iwan Thomas from Wales
Gosha and Dayana from Poland
Sarah and Matt from Canada
Julia and Adam from Ukraine and England
Kim from Germany
Deniz and Lotta from Germany
Josh and Joanna from USA and Germany
Tiphaine from France
Bernie and Lena from Germany
Nikola and Pinko from Czech Republic
I love solving problems and being creative. As a graphic designer I'm constantly looking at billboards, logos, flyers, and all sorts of marketing material that I get bombarded with on a daily basis. I love to D.I.Y. and refurbish furniture. I also enjoy creating things with my hands. I have loads of Pinterest boards where I keep my daily inspiration and future projects. If you'd like to see some of them go to:
I have a deep passion for photography especially fashion photography since I've been doing it for almost for seven years now. If you would like to see some of my work check out my Facebook Photography page:
or my website http://www.carolinabeiertz.co.uk
When I'm not doing creative stuff, I love to spend time at the beach surfing. I also love to brew my own beer.
- graphic design
- craft beer
Music, Movies, and Books
Movies: I've seen to many movies to decide if I only have a favorite one, but I love anything that makes me laugh, cry, or smile.
Some of my favourite movies are:
• Exit Through the Gift Shop (Banksy Documentary)
• The Pianist
• The Wolf of Wall Street
Music: I listen to anything that is pleasant to my ears (Pop, Electronica, Reggae, Dubstep, Rock, Dance, Alternative), but at the moment I'm really into:
• Parov Stelar
• Caravan Palace
• Alt J
• Tame Impala
• David Bowie
• Elton John
• Horse Meat Disco
• Buena Vista Social Club
• Grizzly Bear
• Florence and the Machine
• Marina and the Diamonds
• The Smiths
• The Killers
• Two Door Cinema Club
• Lana del Rey
• Bon Iver
• Boards of Canada
• Jarabe de Palo
• Fleet Foxes
• Empire of the Sun
Books: I enjoy good novels, but also books about business, self-help, psychology, history, romantic novels, design, and creatives ones. Some of my favourites ones are:
• Make your Own Luck (By Kate Moross)
• How to be a graphic designer without losing your soul (Adrian Shaughnessy)
• The Creative Economy
• Just my type
• The World is Flat
• Consumer Behaviour
• Graphic Design Thinking
• How to find fulfilling work by the School of Life
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
• Spent a weekend in San Blas, Panama in a deserted island camping with friends.
• Visited the Alhambra in Granada
• Spent a year living in Milan and going to art school as an exchange student when I was 15 and learnt Italian.
• Had dinner with Shakira and her parents in Panama when I was 13
• Fell in Love with Barcelona
• Went to Sensation white in Amsterdam
• Rode a camel through the Merzouga desert in Morocco for about 7 hours, and spent a night in a tent under the stars in the middle of that same desert. (Also climbed a sand dune).
Teach, Learn, Share
I could teach you:
• Graphic Design (Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, etc)
• How to cook healthy meals
• Spanish, English or Italian
• How to dance Salsa or Merengue
• How to make yummy healthy fruit and veggie smoothies
• How to travel cheaply on a budget / How to find cheap flights
• Drawing or Painting
• How to code (basic)
Countries I’ve Visited
Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Mexico, Morocco, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In
Denmark, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Panama, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom