- Последний раз на сайте: 3 months назад
Зарегистрируйтесь на Couchsurfing, чтобы увидеть полный профиль пользователя Yuri. Это бесплатно!
Sportsman, traveller, philosopher, wayseeker
Что привело меня на Couchsurfing
Because I love to move in the world
Business, functional workout, traveling, all that increase my horizons!
Музыка, кино и книги
Rock and classic music, antiutopic and classic books (Dostoevsky, Orwell, Zamyatin, Bradbury, Akunin, Huxley, etc) and films with deep sense.
Классная вещь, которую я сделал(-а)
In the summer of 2017, I went on a hitchhiking journey across Russia. For me, first of all, it was a great challenge and the fulfillment of my old dream. My goal was to see Russia through the eyes of a traveler, not a tourist. Vladivostok became the geographical point of destination.
What is the hitchhiking trip through Russia? It is 11000 km of roads, meetings with people, incredible life stories, learning the culture of different cities and features of different peoples. As for adaptation to unfamiliar conditions, during the trip every day was a kind of a test of resourcefulness, positive attitude, courage and determination in an unusual situation. In any case, whether it was a metropolis or an open field without trees, it was necessary to solve both critical issues and to try to fulfill the cultural program. And, of course, there were very many unforeseen events. Here is a list of just some of them:
• falling asleep in a tent on the island of Olkhon on Baikal lake – waking up surrounded by a herd of cows;
• searching for one monument in Yekaterinburg - discovery of four similar monuments because of a map mistake;
• asking for an overnight stay in an Orthodox Buryat family, because of wolves nearby;
• staying on the highway in Primorsky Krai at night, knowing that there is no one here except bears and tigers;
• staying in Mongolia for three hours, because, it turned out, the border would close in half an hour;
• falling asleep to the music of huge mosquitoes buzzing in the Tyumen forest;
• living in a caravan on the banks of the Yenisei in the center of Krasnoyarsk
• setting up a camp on the territory of a sports festival on the shore of the sea of Japan;
• repairing a cottage in exchange for food in Vladivostok;
• interview at a radio station on Sakhalin after a storm on a ship;
• losing a tent because of a hurricane at the festival "Mir Sibiri" on the border with Khakasia;
• staying for two days without food, water and sleep in Khabarovsk;
• driving 4,000 km almost without stopping;
• going to China for just a couple of days;
• taking an official picture for a Japanese visa after living on a beach for a week and, and later finding yourself in the center of Tokyo without a single thought about accommodation.
Учу, учусь, делюсь опытом и информацией
Languages and cultures
Чем я могу поделиться с хостами
my experience and sence of humour at your service:)
Где я побывал(-а)
Austria, Belarus, Belgium, China, Czech Republic, Dominican Republic, Egypt, France, Georgia, Germany, Japan, Mongolia, Netherlands, Poland, Turkey