Not Accepting Guests
- Last login 13 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Zekee’s full profile. It’s free!
I love music and traveling, but my true passion is in people -- meeting and getting to know new friends and keeping in contact with old friends.
I left my life in New York City to pursue a career as a travel blogger. How that looks is yet to be determined, but I know I will refine it along the way.
I live by the following mottos:
- Do everything in life once and the fun things twice
- If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change your attitude
- Love, gratitude and kindness are the pillars of my life
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
I love Couchsurfing! I surfed all over the US in 2011-2012, hosted at my apartment in Santa Barbara in the summer of 2012, and surf and participated in meet ups during my travels from 2012-2015.
I truly enjoy connecting with people and seeing life of a city from an individual's perspective. I've learned so much from staying with others and can't wait to see what the future holds!
- Listening to, discovering, and sharing music
- Watching comedies, animated and thought-provoking movies
- Traveling as much as possible
- Meeting and getting to know new people
- Learning new things and from other people
- Seeing beautiful sites and being out in nature
- Meditation, positive psychology, and almost anything in the self help section of a bookstore
- performing arts
- self improvement
- positive psychology
- health and fitness
Music, Movies, and Books
Music: I'm a very big fan of R&B, hip-hop and Motown, anything that has a good beat, and am a very mainstream kind of guy.
Movies: I love animated movies, action movies, comedies, musicals, science fiction and movies that really make you think. If they provoke emotion, I'm probably down.
Books: I enjoy all kinds of thrillers and anything to do with positive psychology and or falls under the "self-help" genre.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
I feel like the last eight years of my life has been something straight out of the movies.
Really eye opening experiences:
- Being in South Africa during Nelson Mandela's passing
- Moving to NYC to pursue a career as an actor
- Working for a non-profit on an American military base in Kuwait
- Doing volunteer work in New Orleans just after Hurricane Katrina
...many more stories to share and hopefully many more to come!
Teach, Learn, Share
Teach: Positive psychology, basic bartending skills, how to remember names, some Spanish
Learn: I really want to learn astronomy, how to sing, and photography
Share: Stories upon stories upon stories!
What I Can Share with Hosts
Whatever I can!
Countries I’ve Visited
Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Canada, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, Egypt, England, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Jordan, Kuwait, Macao, Mexico, Namibia, Netherlands, Panama, Philippines, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Taiwan, United Arab Emirates, United States, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Countries I’ve Lived In
Australia, Kuwait, United States