Maybe Accepting Guests
- 0% response rate
- Last login 12 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Xuany’s full profile. It’s free!
becoming a rainbow unicorn
Enjoying life with my better half and our 2 cats.
I've travelled a lot already.
I'd like to see the rest of the world before it gets destroyed by this stupid group of people called humanity xD
I'm never homesick, the concept of "home" itself is very strange for me, I don't need or want to belong anywhere :)
Warrior at heart, I do not have any patience with negativ people who complain and self-pity all the time, be warned :)
Life is short, don't postpone the important things (cooking dinner and getting ready for work are not important things)
La connerie, c'est la décontraction de l'intelligence. - Gainsbar
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
Info for tourists (no idea where else to put this):
- Le Louvre is overrated ^^ only good if you like antiquities and religious/stiff painting style.
- Musée d'Orsay is LE bomb if you wanna know about typical famous Parisian lifestyle of the artists from the 19th century (you fancy about the movie Moulin Rouge? that's it). Look for Impressionism in wikipedia if you don't already know this art movement ^^. Musée d'Orsay has the best collection of impressionist paintings in the world.
- You're a fan of contemporary art? Go fall in love with Centre Pompidou (also called Beaubourg)
ps: this is not a dating site, retarded scumbags gtfo pls, k thx bye.
the Pizza Quest: looking for the best pizza in Paris! (and yeah... just another excuse to eat pizza)
1 awesome surf in Thailand
1 good hosting experience
What's next? :D
Travelling with backpacks and not much planning, just looking for the most beautiful places in this world.
Cooking (my life changed when we got an oven), eating (a lot), dancing (I dont get to practice much lately tho), museums, good series, video games (omg geek spotted)
Music, Movies, and Books
Korean movies in general (I tend to forget the titles a lot... so sorry), Memories of a murder, the host, a bittersweat life, memento mori, old boy, battle royal, ghost in the shell, the audition,...
ps: Kang-ho Son is an amazing actor, simply perfect in every movie I've seen him in.
Blade runner, Batman movies by C.Nolan, eternal sunshine of the spotless mind, the departed, looper, pulp fiction, reservoir dogs, Jackie brown, from dusk till dawn, death proof, (and no, I didn't like Kill bill, missing a touch of crazyness to my taste ^^)
Anything written by S.Zweig and M.Kundera (the most accurate and sharp descriptions of the human souls are in their books). Classic French authors: Zola, Victor Hugo. Jack Reacher's book by Lee Child, Game of Thrones books.
Last book read: Instinct by J. Camut and N. Hug. A good surprise, I was looking for a thriller written in French and was not disappointed.
Authors I learned to hate in high school: Flaubert (boring is boring), Proust (I wasn't moved by a single word, and sound asleep after 10 pages), Le Clezio (never disappoint to drown you in clichés about love and sensuality and everything else)
Music: lately Beat Assailant, Erykah Badu, Justin Nozuka
and George Carlin
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
What follows is unrelated to the title, just a few moments of my life I felt happy and free.
- sleeping on a bench in Lisboa, because my friend and I got no money for a hotel and we needed to wait for the post office to open the day after... it was closed when we woke up tho... actually made me laugh a lot :D
- when I was a kid, in Tunisia, I was always looking for a way to access the roof top of the hotels we stayed in with my family. I just went there with my cousin, sat and watched the night. I still love doing that, no idea why, it's something that moves me.
- sailing, in the middle of the night, no land to be seen, staring at the fluorescent plankton and the milky way... is something I recommend :D
- Pros of indoor cats: they can play fetch!
Teach, Learn, Share
I speak French, not sure it's enough to teach it but I can try :D
I love cooking, trying new recipes...sharing a meal is something universal, the most basic act of sharing, you don't even need to speak the same language to enjoy it ^^