Not Accepting Guests
- Last login about 12 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Marnix’s full profile. It’s free!
I try to be a good person. I don't worry too much - no one else knows what they're doing either.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
It's great. Met a handful of really really nice people that i wouldn't have met otherwise.
Music, friends, love, travelling, literature, society and people, politics, ecology, philosophy, football... though sometimes i get bored of all this and prefer to drink a bottle of whisky.
Music, Movies, and Books
Got seriously hooked on jazz recently. Quite a lot of tupac as well. Anything good really but i've got a soft spot for the old-fashioned. 60's music, soul music, blues, hip-hop, IDM, trip-hop, occasionaly a bit of deep house, minimal, dnb, tek,... django reinhardt, '70s roots reggae, ska, Mali blues, dub, electro-dub, the grateful dead, 80s camp, 90s disco dance, rumba de barcelona, flamenco, chanson, belgian oldies, street- and anarcho-punk, some death metal, trash metal, big fan of real balkan music, some classical music, chill-out stuff ...
movies: a lot of them.
favourite authors: Dostojevski, Steinbeck, Orwell.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- Randomly encountering camel-riding Bedouins (desert gypsies) in the middle of the Mauritanian Sahara, spending the night talking and drinking tea with them around a campfire and under the most beautiful star-filled sky ever.
- spending a few days amongst guerilla tribes in the Burmese/Thai mountains. Strongest, friendliest, most noble people in the world.
- walking for several days without seeing a single soul in cabo de gata, spain, only to end up by chance in a hippie village, encountering girls showering naked under a waterfall.
- Playing playstation with a Mongolian kid in his yurt.
- Every year: the first days of spring and how the air smells then.
- Being shocked to the bone by dostojevsky's 'karamazow brothers'
- Being attacked by an angry hippo-mother while in a plastic boat on a river in Southern Senegal.
Teach, Learn, Share
I am but a simple boy..Know a thing or two about a thing or two.
What I Can Share with Hosts
Oysters and champagne- breakfasts.
Countries I’ve Visited
Austria, Brazil, Cabo Verde, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Egypt, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mauritania, Mongolia, Morocco, Myanmar, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Russian Federation, Senegal, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Turkey, United Kingdom
Countries I’ve Lived In