Not Accepting Guests
- 27% response rate
- Last login about 23 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Eduard’s full profile. It’s free!
Hey, my name is Eduard (you can call me Edu or Eddie). I'm a 25 year old student living in Berlin and having the time of my life here.
I was born to German parents in a village called Luxemburg in the mountains of Kyrgyzstan (yes, there is a Luxemburg in central Asia!) but grew up in Heidelberg/Germany.
I guess it's in my blood to be a traveler and I surely grab every opportunity I can get to go abroad. I mainly travel because I want to meet people and make friends. Sights are usually great, but people are so much more interesting than any building or museum could ever be. I want to see and experience how people live in their countries, what they think, what they love and what they got to say.
I am not judgmental and have quite liberal views on most topics. I think I am an easy-going person that loves to laugh but also enjoys (non)serious talks about everything under the sun.
I am fully aware that I sounded like a dead boring person so far which may result out of me being really bad at describing myself. Yes, I also love to party, hang out with my amazing friends, get drunk once (or twice) in while..but who doesn't? I guess I am an extrovert and straightforward person. I love people who are keen on living and experiencing things outside their comfort zone. I don't deal well with people who want to stay in their shell.
Some 'interesting' things you should know/consider before meeting me:
- I laugh loudly and a lot!
- My friends question my taste in music and make fun of me but I don't give a damn
- I force my guests to try all kinds of food! You like hot and spicy food? Good!
- You like drinking vodka the Russian style (pure, not mixed with anything!)? Big plus!
- I have the most amazing friends! You probably gonne meet some of them while staying with me.
- I envy the US for having politicians like Michele Bachmann ,Sarah Palin and Ben Carson. They have enriched my life!
- I'm really into human rights and want to work in that field. (I strongly believe in gender equality, same-sex marriage, the right to have an abortion and the right to seek asylum for any good reason)
- I have a soft spot for black sheep.. needless to say I'm the black sheep in my family
- Weird people are amazing. Living in Berlin made me love weirdness..I guess I am also weird sometimes ;)
If you have any other questions about my person or just wanne hang out, feel free to message! Don't be shy.. I love meeting new people!
Love the world and the world will love you back!
I'm interested in a lot of things...this question is a hard one.
I pretty enjoy everything which is fun. I love partying but I also really enjoy those days when you hang out with your friends and just relax.
But also: Politics, History, Languages, Religions,...
And I really want to travel to Iran! I just don't know why, but it has been in my head for years. Maybe or hopefully I'm gonne make it this or next year! All advices about travelling/living/breathing there are very, very welcome!! ==> I finally did it!! Made it to Iran in September 2012 after dreaming about it for over 3 years!
- human rights
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- becoming a godparent
- telling a famous German politician I want to have a baby with her (I am still ashamed haha)
- taking a 10 hour bus ride with 50 afghans in a tiny bus..they had raw onions as snacks...
- did the pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela and walked over 500 Kilometers by foot!
- went on the trainsibirian railway.. started in St.Petersburg and ended in Shanghai
Countries I’ve Visited
Austria, Canada, China, Cuba, Czech Republic, Ethiopia, France, Iran, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Malaysia, Mongolia, Poland, Russian Federation, Spain, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Uzbekistan, Yemen
Countries I’ve Lived In