Maybe Accepting Guests
- Last login about 1 year ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Russell ’s full profile. It’s free!
The price of movie tickets has been going up at a jaw-dropping pace in the past few years. The rise in ticket prices is so expensive these days that inflation doesn't even begin to justify it. The reason for this, ironically, is that more and more people are opting to watch movies at home instead of in movie theaters.
It's easy to condemn people who stream movies and watch from other media instead of cinemas, but practically everyone is guilty of doing it at one point. Here are some of the biggest reasons why people prefer watching movies on their computer or television screens.
1. Expensive movie tickets. As mentioned earlier, the movie industry is increasing its prices because of the dwindling number of movie goers. The thing is, this number doesn't merit enough reason for the astronomical rise of ticket prices. People still want to watch movies on the big screen. In a way, it's like the movie industry is pressing a panic button thinking that streaming movies is fast becoming the end of their industry. It's not. There is still a big difference in the satisfying feel of watching a movie on its release date and on a theater with impressive surround sound. Sadly, expensive movie tickets are bloating the numbers of people who would skip out on movies. Especially after reading negative reviews.
2. Expensive theater snacks. It's no secret that foods sold in the movie theater are extremely expensive. One can argue that it's possible to go and watch a movie without a box of popcorn and a cup of soda. But then again, who would? In this day and age where people are conditioned to be munching on something while watching a movie now playing on the screen, one would feel like a social outcast for not buying at least the smallest box of popcorn or chips. Even without social pressure, it just feels really awkward. Interestingly, it's a more economical option to stream movies in front of the computer since the biggest bag of chips in the grocery is likely cheaper than what the movie theater offers.
3. Streaming is more convenient. Practically everyone today has their own computer and internet connection. At least, those who have access to movie theaters anyway. With the option of not having to drive downtown and line up for tickets, people are bound to opt for sitting in their favorite chair while watching the latest movie on https://movietube.online/pubfilm and other similar sites. As mentioned earlier, snacks are significantly cheaper as well. Although most of the time this scenario is an obviously better choice than spending money on cinemas, it's not always about the cost.
4. Movie theaters still have their market. Couples or group of friends who want to watch the movie and enjoy each other’s' company for example, are still quite common. Ultimately, people still have a choice on whether they'd pick the comfort and cost-cutting offered by sites like movie2k or treat themselves to great cinematic experiences of their favorite movies.