Not Accepting Guests
- Last login about 1 year ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Arne’s full profile. It’s free!
Tourists don’t know where they’ve been, travelers don’t know where they’re going (Paul Theroux)
Since I graduated in September 1999 I've had the luck to have been traveling the world. Not just in 80 days, but close to 10 years now
So far, it's been a journey across all 7 continents, linking 18 time zones, visiting countless places in over 80 countries...
It's been inspiring and unforgettable,
It's made me who I am right now,
It's made me dream of so much more,
Who knows what still lies ahead...
see my photos/blog @ http://www.arnedeknegt.com
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and
narrowmindedness" (Mark Twain)
"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those
who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn,
relearn and unlearn" (Alvin Toffler)
"Change is the law of life and those who look only to
the past or present are certain to miss the future"
"Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the
courage to lose sight of the shore" (Andre Gide)
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
"A journey is best measured in friends, rather than
miles" (Tim Cahill)
I've stayed at peoples places all around the world and still mostly before I got to know Couchsurfing.
I've 'surfed' in Australia, New Zealand, Hawaii, USA, Canada, Romania, Germany, Bolivia, Peru, Colombia, Trinidad & Tobago, Guatemala, Morocco, Indonesia, China, Moldova, Poland, Kenya ...
Travel (obviously!) in its widest form &
Photography. These two combined have resulted in my website; www.arnedeknegt.com
- rock climbing
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
* Meeting countless people from all over the world
* Sailing across the Atlantic Ocean by yacht
* Staring at boiling magma in the active Pu'u O'o
crater on Hawaii
* Staying with Taoist monks in the jungle of Colombia
* Getting altitude sickness on Bolivia's tallest
* Getting lost on Merapi, Indonesia's most active
* Touring as a stage technician with bands like the
Stones, U2, Bon Jovi, Queen, Paul McCartney, Bruce
Springsteen, Oasis, Robbie Williams etc.
* Doing humanitarian work in Moldova, Europe's poorest
* Hitchhiking across the world by car, train,
motorbike, yacht and helicopter
* Seeing Africa's greatest Wildlife parks as a tourist
* 'Surfing' with illegal workers in the basement of a
hospital in Moscow
* Climbing the Great Wall in China
Countries I’ve Visited
Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bolivia, Botswana, Cabo Verde, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guatemala, Honduras, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Kenya, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Moldova, Morocco, Namibia, New Zealand, Norway, Panama, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Thailand, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Venezuela, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Countries I’ve Lived In