Not Accepting Guests
- Last login 3 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Hannah’s full profile. It’s free!
let the wings go wide
I'm a bit of a restless person, making plenty of plans, enthusiastically trying to do everything at once. That's why I often run around like a chicken, focused on one project or a million things at once. And then I may suddenly get distracted by spontanous fun or just a notion that it's time to relax. So I'd get into some kind of vehicle and just see what will happen next, it can also be so nice to just let things go their way.
Pretty much always in a good excited talkative mood. Because life is awesome. The only thing that can get me grumpy is bad weather stopping me from cycling around the city and consequently having to see all these stressed people in the metro.
Besides, I like ice-cream (years of working in ice-cream places have made me an expert!),fruit, volunteering in projects that I consider worth supporting, creative activism, silly dancing, vegan/vegetarian cooking and baking. I like to find, make or recycle things instead of buying them.
I'm passionate about many things, most importantly music.
Guess I'm too young for a true philosophy. So for now i'm sticking to the Weakerthans and their "All straight lines circle sometimes".
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I surfed couches in Europe and North America, went to some CS events in Berlin and elsewhere and met many people, sometimes just for a drink, sometimes we became friends.
So far I've mainly hosted friends and their friends' friends' friends' friends due to lack of a proper place for people to sleep. Hope that will change.
Awesome! Every place, every host is a whole different experience, a new story. Best way of getting to know a place, best people you could possibly find.
The only time I had a bad experience I was overwhelmed how many people were there to help out spontanously.
Stuff I like:
- traveling and everything that comes along with it: getting to know people/a culture/languages/food and all that
- music: I love listening to and talking about good music, I go to concerts and festivals a lot and I still prefer vinyl to mp3.
- food: I like vegan/vegetarian cooking and baking, going to the market, talking about food, trying uncommon food
- coffee and tea are almost as important as good food
- being outdoors - walking, cycling, hiking, camping...
- but that doesn't mean I'm a nature nerd, I'm also into city life and stuff like urban gardening, street art etc.
- all the other stuff: literature, cinema. photography and history are also good.
Music, Movies, and Books
movies: Hm, unfortunately I haven't watched too many movies lately. The last great film I saw in cinema was "Beginners".
And then I like films by Pedro Almodovar, Fatih Akin, Alejandro González Iñárritu , Michel Gondry, Anders Thomas Jensen.
musice, that's a big one, how could i name everything here... so just to give you an idea: Arcade Fire, Broken Social Scene, Beirut, Bon Iver, Sufjan Stevens, PJ Harvey, Feist, Wilco, The Whitest Boy Alive, José Gonzales, Final Fantasy, Patrick Wolf, Kings of Convenience, Mum, Libertines, Destroyer, Okkervil River, Fleet Foxes, Tocotronic, Cat Power, Saturday looks good to me and so on and on and on.
Books: Jonathan Safran-Foer, Salinger, Murakami, Hornby, Sven Regener, García Marquez, Hesse, Brecht etc.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- slept in the Sahara
- learnt how to bargain like a proper Berber
- was part of the most crazy, friendly, awesome and intense community when volunteering in a Scottish Art/Community Venue
- when I got picked up, hitch-hiking near Buffalo, by a woman whose family then hosted me in their beautiful valley for a while and took every effort to show everything beautiful or interesting to us
visited 22 states (9.77%)Create your own visited map of The World or Free iphone travel guide
Teach, Learn, Share
I can bake cake and teach you how to cook a good vegetarian curry. I can tell you stories. I can make a mixtape for you.
Countries I’ve Visited
Austria, Belgium, Canada, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Morocco, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In
Germany, Nicaragua, Spain, United Kingdom