Wants to Meet Up
- 100% response rate
- Last login 2 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see MAX MAX MAX’s full profile. It’s free!
Downloading meaning of life; please wait (do not disconnect)
I like travelling slow, stopping for long time in the same place, like I were to live there forever, getting to know the people and the places where time and history left its footprints.
I like photography more than any other kind of visual art, yet I don't take many pictures: my world is made of words and I'm constantly looking for meanings and the mysterious ways they connect and depict reality like we see it.
I like cooking as a form of meditation, opening all my senses and channeling the physical world into my body. Food being the primal need of living beings, I consider sharing a meal like an act of intimacy and devotion not to underrate.
I feel at ease in the cold and tend to appreciate the deeper shadows and black and white atmosphere of darker landscapes. I like the cities and the crowd as long as I can merge without losing my identity.
I tend to prefer places ignored by most people and I like intelligent, shy persons.
I don't like speaking on the phone but I can spend hours writing a message to someone I never met and maybe will never know.
I strongly believe that we take the purest pleasure from doing beautiful and completely useless things, when either the fear of the consequences or the weight of the expectations are not paralyzing us.
I can't admit I like all things I did in my life; but I can say I don't have regrets.
My life has always been a "join the dots" game: I joined many dots (people, events, coincidences) trying to guess what picture will appear at the end. But the end is too near and too far at the same time.
My perception is becoming, more and more often, that the wisest man is the one who is not craving for more and more and better and better; he's able to stop, enjoy the moment, the place, the company if any, the loneliness if alone, the full experience that his senses bring to him; the refreshing rain on his face if raining, a simple meal if he's eating, a hug from a friend, a funny dog following him, a book he just opened and started to read; and he's able to tell himself: "Even in the future, it can't get better than this. It can't be. It's fucking perfect". This way he's happy.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I have hosted literally hundreds of people in Italy and visited most of Europe as a traveller and guest, sleeping in the weirdest places and conditions.
I carry with me my experience and I am glad to share it; I am especially curious about personal stories and local folklore, legends and traditions. I am a storyteller. And I am always hungry when it's food for thought.
I met people from all over the world and many long term/long distance travellers: and learnt how kilometers mean nothing and the best traveller is the one who knows when to stop.
Cooking as the finest art
wines and spirits
bycicles and skates
cats and storms
fairy tales (I get crazy for illustrated books for children)
arriving in a new, unknown city at night
- slavic culture
Music, Movies, and Books
My favourite authors are Jung, Nietzsche, young Castaneda, Edgar Allan Poe, plus many more whose name is legion. I started reading when I was 3 years old. I used to read a lot of psychology and philosophy books, now I prefer fiction, with a thing for short tales.
I love graphic novels and comics with a solid story.
The same goes for movies: I'm fond of dramas and theater. Wherever passion takes over and makes a mess.
Music has been a faithful companion for all my life: indie rock and post-rock my favourite genres.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- I hosted a folk rock band from Minnesota USA and they played an amazing concert for me and my friends right in front of my house!
- Hanneke, my Vietnamese guest from Sweden, sang a traditional sad Vietnamese love song for me and my guests while we were driving to Venice; we were so enchanted that we got lost...
- Marina and I took the wrong metro at my arrival at St.Petersburg and we had to cross the city and its bridges in the middle of the night: a dreamy, unreal, heavenly, ashtonishingly marvelous experience...!
- my personal records: hugging 13 people at the same time; hosting 14 sleeping people in 3 rooms in my house; cooking full dinner for 13 people; 17 people sitting in my small living room (2 for each chair)
- changed my life in one day (made a few times)
- found the perfect woman (against all odds, it happened a couple of times)
- Yulia and Nastya, my beloved and delicious "St.Petersburgers" :-), singing traditional folk Russian songs and inventing "tree lullabies" in my car while heading Garda lake: getting stuck in a traffic jam for one hour will never be so amazingly funny again!
- according to what a couple of guests said and saw, I hosted a GHOST. He was kind of polite, but I don't know where to leave a reference.
- SLOVENIA: every time I go, it's an amazing, unique, special, priceless experience
- returning home after 15 days travelling in Germany, Netherlands, Russia, back to my town at midnight there were already 5-6 guests waiting for me at the train station. I took everybody home only to discover that one of them was a random homeless guy who was passing by and had just stopped for a chat, and I had taken him home by mistake. Well, he stayed 5 days in my house and had a great time with us
- I had a guest who was afraid of being attacked and killed by demons and vampires in my place if she stayed overnight. No, I'm not kidding
- when my Ukrainian friend Anya is singing, it's always like the first time: I got shivers, and feel in touch with the universe
- quit my job at 36 and started a road trip with my old car, a bycicle, skates, cooking books and few winter clothes. One year on the roads from Italy to Ukraine, without a destination: 50.000 km (like from Lisbon to Moscow...10 times). Too many roads, too little time.
- I'm studying Russian. Not amazing? you think it's easy??
- drove a broken car from Prague to Krakow (550 km) at 40-50 km/h top speed, taking only local and mountain roads
- in Krakow, after years on the road I eventually settled down; they sent me carton boxes from Italy full of my favourite books. I opened the boxes and cried
Teach, Learn, Share
I am currently learning Russian, German and juggling.
I love cooking and sharing recipes from all over the world.
If you can teach me the basics of photography and make me able to understand them, I'll make a monument of you in gold, same as your weight.
Countries I’ve Visited
Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Macedonia, Moldova, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom
Countries I’ve Lived In
Czech Republic, Italy, Moldova, Poland, Portugal, Ukraine