Wants to Meet Up
- Last login about 5 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Darío’s full profile. It’s free!
✈ « Find life experiences and swallow them whole. Travel. Meet many people. Go down some dead ends and explore dark alleys. Try everything. Exhaust my(your)self in the glorious pursuit of life. » — Lawrence K. Fish
✈ Hello! I'm Daro, outgoing guy looking forward to meet new people, make friends, and get/share experiences & perspectives about life!
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
● I'm really into this community, for years now. Im up for any activity with those who visit my city, like show them around and of course hosting whenever i can.
Since I joined CS I have shared many positive experiences and met great people from many countries; I've made many friends and homes around the world!
As a greeter (new member welcome group member) I also could met many local members, so let me tell you that Montevideo has a great group of hosts & surfers!
➟ Currently, I'm the Ambassador of the city; moderating the city/country groups/subgroups, and organizing the Mvd Weekly Meeting. Feel free to check the posts/drop a line and welcome in! ;)
✪ Music A-Z, Audiovisual, Design, Art & Architecture, Culture/Local Traditions, Photography, Cinema, Documentaries, Books, Theater, Playing piano, Swimming, Concerts-Festivals, Languages, DIY, Foodie, Dancing, Stargazing.. etc etc and of course Traveling.
- contemporary art
- visual arts
Music, Movies, and Books
✔ Movies: Michel Goundry, Lars von Trier, Wes Anderson, Emir Kusturica, Joel & Ethan Coen, Terry Gilliam, Woody Allen, Martin Scorcese, Hayao Miyazaki, Ridley Scott, Quentin Tarantino, Sidney Lumet, Christopher Nolan, Darren Aronofsky, Werner Herzog, Tim Burton. Meryl Streep. Some titles: pulp fiction, trainspotting, clockwork orange, dead poet society, fargo, v for vendetta, hide and seek, the shining, transsiberian, high fidelity, crash, trois couleurs, forrest gum, blindness, into the wild, the hours, le scaphandre et le papillon, eternal sunshine, match point, closer, les chansons d'amour, y tu mama tambien,25 watts, etc
♫ Music: A-Z Rock/Indie/Funk/Balkan/Bossa/Reggae/Jazz/ElectroTango. Some names: oasis, u2, coldplay, beatles, bob dylan, the killers, jack johnson, train, regina spektor, rem, radiohead, tracy chapman, the cure, counting crows, interpol, the verve, ben harper, beirut, phoenix, mgmt, the xx, morcheeba, moby, bjork, thom yorke, sigur ros, norah jones, sbtrkt, chvrches, altJ, arcade fire, the black keys, paolo nutini, milky chance, belle and sebastian, yann tiersen, emir kusturica, marlango, charlie loop, jorge drexler, buena vista social club, orishas, tribalistas, manu chao, calle 13, bajofondo tango club, caravan palace, parov stelar, balkan beat box, edward sharpe & the magnetic zeros, bon iver, devendra banhart, james blake, jose gonzalez, juana molina, lykke li, mia, lianne la havas, florence & the machine, chet faker, robyn, lorde, vampire weekend, metronomy..
✍ Books: Hafiz, Constantine P. Cavafy, Arthur Rimbaud, Cormac McCarthy, Philip Pullman, Haruki Murakami, Stefan Zweig, Albert Camus, René Barjavel, Bernard Weber, Mooji, Hermann Hesse, J.R.R. Tolkien, Alessandro Baricco. Some titles: 'como acabar de una vez por todas con la cultura/getting even'(woody allen), 'the hippie book'(jerry hopkins), 'the metamorphosis'(kafka), 'the little prince'(Antoine Saint-Exupéry), 'sofia's world'(Jostein Gaarder), 'cuentos completos'(julio cortazar), 'narraciones extraordinarias'(edgar allan poe), 'las intermitencias de la muerte'-'ensayo sobre la ceguera'-'la balsa de piedra'(jose saramago), 'mi planta de naranja lima'(vasconcelos), 'todos los cuentos'(gabriel garcia marquez), 'tierra de nadie'(onetti), 'gracias por el fuego'(mario benedetti), 'cosmopolitas'(somerset maugham), 'las fuerzas del mal/the northern hight'(cronin), 'fear of freedom'(erich fromm).
I really like the audiovisual: legndaries.tumblr.com
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
✈ On 2013 my dream to travel the world became true! I took the year off to travel for 10 months around the world. #thetimeofmylife
WORLDTRIP PHOTOS: www.architectours.tumblr.com
« Dont overlook life's small joys while searching for the big ones. » —Jackson Brown Jr
Teach, Learn, Share
« No tengo todo calculado, ni mi vida resuelta, sólo tengo una sonrisa y espero una de vuelta. » —Calle 13
« Life is short. Life is simple. Live your dreams. If you dont like something change it. Do what you love. Live fast. Get lost. Never mind the rules. Find your passion. Because its not just loud music, its a sense of freedom. »
« Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous? Actually, who are we not to be? It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.. and when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. » —Marianne Williamson
« To move, to breathe, to fly, to float. To gain all while you give. To roam the roads of lands remote. To travel is to live. » — Hans Christian Andersen
What I Can Share with Hosts
✪ Welcome to Uruguay!
GSM: 1800/1900 / GPS: 33 00 S, 56 00 W / Electricity: 220V/50Hz / Phone code: +598 /02
● City Happenings: check the links to know upcoming activities, events and stuff: CCE(Spain Cultural Center), Subte(Exhibition Gallery), MNAV(Visual Arts Museum), EAC(Contemporary Art Center).
● Meetings: every thursday evening we get together at a bar to exchange experiences while having dinner/drinks. You're more than welcome to join us!
● Architecture: Montevideo has a very rich architectural heritage, collection of buildings ranging from neoclassical to the postmodern. The city preserves examples of different eras, styles and trends such as Art Nouveau and Art Deco. These include the Jose Artigas Railway Station, Centennial Stadium, Montevideo Cathedral, Club Uruguay, Ciudadela Gate, Salvo Palace, Cerro's Fortress, Legislative Palace, Solis' Theater, Antel Tower and the colorful Reus neighborhood to name a few. There are also particularly beautiful examples of the sculpted ceramic tile and brickwork designed by the world-renowned engineer Eladio Dieste.
« Buildings, public parks, controlled urban density and height limits on buildings are on the menu that transforms the uruguayan capital in a good place to know. »
● We drink Mate: when we say'mate'that could mean the drink (tea-like beverage derived from yerba mate tree leaves) and also the cup-container (hollow gourd) where we drink it! I bet you'll find many people carrying the mate/flask all around the city. I usually drink it at my place, If you wanna try it just let me know.
Countries I’ve Visited
Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Chile, China, Cuba, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Mexico, Nepal, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russian Federation, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In