Wants to Meet Up
- Last login 15 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Elie’s full profile.
----- DUE TO THE NEW CS DESIGN, better see my old profile : https://www.couchsurfing.com/users/2031259/profile/legacy ------
Contribute to the humanity's happiness, and participate in my city's CS life !
NB : I moved from Grenoble to Metz in 2014, and haven't much updated my profile accordingly.
NB 2 : I moved from Metz to Strasburg in 2019, and haven't much updated my profile accordingly neither !
Hello, and welcome !
Some things that could describe me :
-- love to meet travelers, listen, look, smile, help people as much as I can, and discover their cultures and experiences of life.
-- really believe that we can better understand the complexity and richness of humanity, by getting to know more and more different people, from all over the world.
-- I'm a caring and patient guy, respectful.
-- I don't like to own things ; smiles and life are sufficient for my happiness.
-- I like to ask myself always more questions. I'm quite curious to understand everything I can see.
-- I feel worried by sustainable development and environment. I love nature and animals (but am not a vegetarian :-)
-- I love to discover exotic cultures, arts, musics, food (not too spicy)...
-- I'm very interested in discovering what YOU are interested in !
Grenoble is my hometown, and I really like this city ! I will try to convince you ;-)
To start with, check my map of sightseeing places in Grenoble, I made it just for you !
Countries where I've been to : see on http://bit.ly/ElieCsVisitedCountries
* Life is about the people you meet, and the things you create with them. So, go out and start creating ! (Holstee Manifesto)
* You don't give to those that you love, but you love those to which you are giving. (Jewish saying)
* My country, that's life. I love it so much, the remaining time. How long do we still have ? (from "Love me no more")
--> Love each day as if it was the last one. Live life to the fullest !
* "Peace on Earth to men of good will" (bible)... and especially to others, too !
* Don't try to become a successful man, but a valueable one. (Einstein)
* Life and nature are more experienced than us, let's take them as an example (starting by respecting them). (From me)
* If talking is silver, then listening is gold. (Turkish proverb)
* If you can dream - and not make dreams your master; If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim... (Kipling)
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
* I suggest and organize lots of meetings (namely climbing sessions)
* I'm always happy to meet more foreigners in my city,
* I host quite a number of people (see next section),
* I have made a lot of friends through CS,
* I love to spend good time with them during numerous Grenoble meetings,
* I bring information to travelers and help newcomers as much as I can,
* and I'm looking forward to surfing again during my next trip !
I contribute to the improvement of the CS communication :
* by managing our : See all CS Grenoble events at a glance !
* enriching our CS Grenoble Wiki
* and through the CS groups that I created (rock climbing, running) or moderate (Grenoble, flat search, language exchanges, Give away / borrow / trade, Culture, BikeSurfing, Sports & Montagne)
Photos albums of my CS life at Grenoble : https://get.google.com/albumarchive/117424207836601328601
I hosted hearts, bodies and souls :
= 87 nights*persons since 2010 :-)
Florian & Sarah (1 night, aug. 2014)
Alexy (1 night, oct. 2013)
Martin (1 night, sept. 2013)
Darrell and Erica, MA (1 night, jul. 2013)
Alexy (1 night, mar. 2013)
Omar & Coralie (3 nights, dec. 2012)
Radomir (2 nights, sept. 2012)
Marie-Anne (1 night, aug. 2012)
Doua Diallo (2 nights, apr. 2012)
Raphaël (2 nights, nov. 2011)
Guillaume (2+1+1 nights, nov. 2011)
Paul (1 night, jul. 2011)
Gregory (1 night, jun. 2011)
François & Violaine (1 night, may 2011)
Ian (1 night, apr. 2011)
Livia (1 night, jan. 2011)
Audrey (5 nights, jan. 2011)
Olga (1 night, jan. 2011)
Tom (2 nights, dec. 2010)
Susanne & Daniel (1 night, nov. 2010)
Doron & Tali (3 nights, nov. 2010)
Brenda (3 nights, 2010-2011)
Synne and Jenny (4 nights, oct. 2010)
Agnes (1 night, oct. 2010)
Mike & Jacqueline, OH (4 nights, sept. 2010)
Kyle, TX (1 night, aug. 2010)
Omar (7 nights, aug. 2010)
Daniel (1 night, aug. 2010)
Adam (3 nights, aug. 2010)
Kristijan (1 night, aug. 2010)
Darrell, MA (1 night, jul. 2010)
Raphaël (3 nights, jun. 2010)
Amaury & Daphnée (2 nights, jun. 2010)
Dorien and Kim (1 night, jun. 2010)
I surfed friendly couches :
Marina @ Montréal, Canada (3 nights, oct. 2016)
Karima @ Nancy, France (1 night, jan. 2013)
Ester @ Tarragona, Spain (sept. 2011)
Thijs & Simone @ Maastricht, Netherlands (2 nights, aug. 2011)
Gregory @ Brussels, Belgium (1 night, aug. 2011)
Nadia @ Montpellier, France (1 night, oct. 2010)
I participated in :
* Organized a hike to Pic Saint Michel (17 people, 11/11/13)
* Organized a climbing day at Lans-en-Vercors (3 people, 09/11/13)
* Organized a via-ferrata @St Hilaire du Touvet (6 people, 30/10/13)
* Organized a bouldering day at St Nizier (9 people, 26/10/13)
* Organized a hike to "Dent du Loup" (21 people, 06/10/13)
* Organized a hike to Aulp du Seuil (10 people, 14/09/13)
* Organized a bouldering day at St Nizier (10 people, 07/09/13)
* Organized a via-ferrata at La Bastille (6 people, 26/08/13)
* Organized a week-end at Annecy for "La Fête du Lac", bivouacking (10 people, 03-04/08/13)
* Participated in a BBQ in the mountain by Niklaas (25/06/13)
* Organized a climbing + hiking day at Lans-en-Vercors (8 people, 16/06/13)
* Organised several climbers' dinners at my home (../06/13)
* Suggested la Nocturne des Etudiants, @ Musée de Grenoble (27/03/13)
* Organized an ice skating party, 4 people (21/03/13)
* Organized an ice skating party, 6 people (06/02/13)
* Became moderator of Grenoble Give away, borrow, trade, Grenoble Culture and Grenoble BikeSurfing to specify their usages (12/10/12) * Organized a visit at La Coupe Icare at St Hilaire (22/09/12)
* Co-organized a multipitch climbing trip + bivouac at Choranche, 4 people (07-08/09/12)
* Fête de la bastille, free concerts (08/09/12)
* Tramway Party, a very special weekly meeting ! (29/08/12)
* Organized a via-ferrata + BBQ @St Hilaire du Touvet, 8 people (11/08/12)
* Fête du Lac d'Annecy in the mountain, 10 people (04-05/08/12)
* Multi-pitch climbing week-end at Annecy, 5 people (21-22/07/12)
* Guided a viaferrata at La Bastille, 5 people (11/07/12)
* Co-organized a climbing week-end at Les Calanques (near Marseille), 12 people (06-08/07/12)
* Suggested a series of weekly free concerts during summer (02/07/12)
* Co-organized a climbing ascent + bivouac on top of Mont Aiguille, 13 people (23-24/06/12)
* Organized a climbing day at Lans-en-Vercors, 9 people (09/06/12)
* Free blues concert with Cyril (08/06/12)
* Kira and Fabien's goodbye-party (31/05/12)
* Organized a climbing day at Saint Egreve, 9 people (28/05/12)
* Concerts at Festiv'arts (06/04/12)
* BBQ at Eleonore's (31/03/12)
* Organized a visit to "La Nocturne des Etudiants", 13 people, at Musée de Grenoble (21/03/12)
* Organized a climbing day at Les Vouillants, 8 people (17/03/12)
* Organized a climbing day at Les Brieux, 9 people (03/03/12)
* Suggested impro theater at La Bobine, 7 people (15/02/12)
* Participated in the Goodbye-Alejandro party (03/02/12)
* Participated in the Apero-mix at La Bobine (24/01/12)
* Participated in the Empanadas party by Alejandro (17/12/11)
* Suggested a give blood meeting, 2 people (06/12/11)
* Helped a young movie maker to organize a meeting at Le Club (01/12/11)
* Suggested an impro theater show at La Bobine, 3 people (23/11/11)
* Suggested a series of concerts at EVE, 9 people (21/11/11)
* Organized a climbing day at Vizille, 12 people (19/11/11)
* Suggested the Meetings of mountain cinema (14-18/11/11)
* Became moderator of Grenoble Location Appart'/Renting Flats CS group to improve its description (../11/11)
* Participated to Baptiste's study about CS & CSers (02/11/11)
* Participated to ALLOween party at Marion's (31/10/11)
* Organized a day at a climbing world cup, Valence, 4 people (28/10/11)
* Suggested a free concert by FQCG (20/10/11)
* Participated in Bob marley's tribute, at La Bobine (18/10/11)
* Organized a climbing day in Chartreuse, 6 people (15/10/11)
* Participated in a pub crawl for Michal's welcoming (08/10/11)
* Suggested free concerts at "La Bastille party", 8 people (09/09/11)
* Participated in a BBQ with world drinks (02/09/11)
* Suggested the catalan festivities, with human towers. 8 people (05/08/11)
* Organized a picnic in the park, as weekly meeting. 24 people (03/08/11)
* Suggested 18 free concerts at Grenoble during summer 2011 (../07/11)
* Suggested a free concert by "Staff Benda Bilili", 7 people (29/06/11)
* BBQ, at Laurent's (25/06/11)
* Boosted / realized the Grenoble music compilation, on Boris's idea (19/06/11)
* Suggested a free classical concert, 4 people (17/06/11)
* Created our "Grenoble climbing" CS sub-group and organized plenty of sessions (16/06/11)
* Encouraged people to give blood for JMDS, .. people (../06/11)
* Organised a climbing day with picnic at "Le Petit Désert", 7 people (11/06/11)
* Organised a climbing day with picnic at "Le Petit Désert", 15 people (02/06/11)
* Organised and guided a via-ferrata at La Bastille, 10 people (29/05/11)
* Concert during Cyclofolies (28/05/11)
* Organised several weekly climbing sessions at Grenoble sites, ~10 people (since 05/11)
* Organised a climbing session at La Bastille, 5 people (18/05/11)
* Contributed to / improved the Grenoble CS wiki
* Became moderator of Grenoble CS group to improve its description (../04/11)
* Created and boosted our official Google Calendar (14/05/11)
* Apéro party at Yacine's (14/05/11)
* Organised and guided a via-ferrata at La Bastille, 5 people (17/04/11)
* Suggested and participated in a weekly rollerblade ride downtown by night, 5 people, by Grenoble-roller (15/04/11)
* Organized a visit to "La Nocturne des Etudiants", 9 people, at Musée de Grenoble (23/03/11)
* Impro theatre show, by Improvertis (21/03/11)
* Cosmic balad for the Big Full Moon (19/03/11)
* Organized a movie-session at my home, 9 people (26/02/11)
* Raclette at Claire's (05/02/11)
* Ice skating party, at Pole Sud (04/02/11)
* Impro theater session, at La Bobine (02/02/11)
* Rock climbing teaching sessions, to Rakhel, Ester, Audrey (../01/11)
* Improvised picnic-lunch at Marie-Anne's (30/01/11)
* Movie session at Ester's (29/01/11)
* "Lo'jo" concert with Audrey, Max & Myriam (27/01/11)
* Wine and cheese party, at Lucile & Fabien's (18/01/11)
* "La Bobine" bar's 6th birthday party (18/01/11)
* "Galette des rois" party, at Vianney's (08/01/11)
* Pub crawl (07/01/11)
* Co-organized a restaurant meeting, 23 attendees (17/12/10)
* Rencontres cinéma de montagne with other CSers (17/11/10)
* Pancake restaurant (13/11/10)
* Drinks around a snooker (12/11/10)
* Lent my bike through the BikeSurfing group that I created (1 time, 12/11/10)
* Organized/attended to Grenoble tuesday weekly meetings (plenty of times! 2010, 2011...)
* Pub crawl to prepare the weekly meetings (27/10/10)
* Meeting at the "Family's" pub (22/10/10)
* Meeting at the "No Name" bar for the return home of Roland (19/10/10)
* Photo rally by Madeline (16/10/10)
* Meeting at the "O'Brother" bar (13/10/10)
* Goodbye-Antonin-party (08/10/10)
* Cardboard boats race at Montpellier (02/10/10)
* Antonin's birthday party (25/09/10)
* Kimon's birthday party (24/09/10)
* Happy People 38 polyglot meeting, at "la bobine" bar (02/09/10)
* Worldwide international meeting, bar + restaurant (29/08/10)
* Crazy-CS-night-picnics, at Parc Mistral (5 times, .../08/10)
* Goodbye-Misho-party, for Misho (02/08/10)
* Bread-making lesson, by Orian (04/07/10)
* Thursday pic-nics at Marliave park (01/07/10)
* Cecile's meeting (26/06/10)
* Hike to 'Robert' lakes (26/06/10)
* Around the world in 80 postcards, by Franck (12/06/10)
* Regular running sessions (I then created the "Grenoble running" group)
Rock climbing (CS group), running (CS group), hiking, rollerblading, bicycling, skiing, photography (my gallery), drawing, cooking (see all our climbers' dinners), writing short stories, movies, playing the guitar (beginner), admiring the beauty of nature (animals and landscapes), and...
...traveling, of course : discovering foreign cultures, arts, ways of life...
I'm very interested in understanding how humans, nature and life work (and could better work together).
- rock climbing
- sign language
- language exchange
Music, Movies, and Books
* Pop/Rock : Zazie, Anathema, Archive, U2, Pink Floyd, The Beatles
Rock/Progressive metal : Indochine, Muse, Dreamtheater, Joe Satriani
* Pop/Ska/Reggae : Faut qu'ça guinche, Les Ogres de Barback, Sinsemilia, Tryo
* French songs/Folk rock/Gypsy jazz : Louise Attaque, Thomas Fersen, Jacques Brel, Georges Brassens, Sanseverino, Django Reinhardt, Mountain Men...
* Classical : Dvořák (New World Simphony), Rimsky-Korsakov (Scheherazade), Mussorgsky (The Old Castle), Berlioz (Fantastic Symphony)...
* Others : Bobby McFerrin, Björk, Rodrigo y Gabriela, Scala choir (classical covers of rock bands, e.g. Nothing Else Matters-Metallica, Creep-Radiohead)...
Big Fish, Benjamin Button, Into the Wild, Love me no more, the Groundhog day, Dancer in the Dark, City of Angels, Princess Mononoke, Elephant Man...
* Science-fiction : Bernard Werber, George Orwell, I.B. Singer, Daniel Keyes
* Spirituality/Philosophy : James Redfield, Paulo Coelho, Don Miguel Ruiz, Nonviolent communication...
* Others : Boris Vian, Elisabeth Kübler-Ross...
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
* Watched the sunrise in the Sahara desert, Morocco.
* Did water skiing on Lake Tahoe (CA, USA)
* Drove a Ferrari F355 Challenge on a race track.
* Sailed a home-made cardboard boat on a lake with CS Montpellier
* Discovered fancy sports such as ice climbing, bouldering, and even street bouldering with CS
* ...And most of all, changed my life with CS community !
Teach, Learn, Share
I know that I know nothing, but :I can teach...
* any computer/Internet related knowledge, since it's my job field
* French language, if you want to understand people here better
* rock climbing technique (initiated quite a number of people through our CS group, so far)
* and I can show you Grenoble city (complete map).
I'd like to improve...
* my English, by practising with you
* my photography technics
* why not some cooking experiences !...
* start again playing the guitar, if you manage to motivate me :-)
* ASL (sign language) : I only know the alphabet
If you write to me, tell me your favorite color and I'll know you've read my profile!
Countries I’ve Visited
Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Morocco, New Caledonia, Portugal, Romania, Senegal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States, Vatican City State
Countries I’ve Lived In