Not Accepting Guests
- Last login 8 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Dr.’s full profile.
I've been living a so far marvellous life first in Venice (Italy), then Tampere (Finland) and now Amsterdam (the Netherlands); and is not over yet...
Once John Cleese gave a pretty much accurate description of me:
"He's an appallingly dull fellow, unimaginative, timid, lacking in initiative, spineless, easily dominated, no sense of humour, tedious company and irrepressibly drab and awful"
About my personal tastes I like to read the back of the breakfast cereal's packages and to do extreme sports like chess, camel spotting and watching mushrooms growing
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
"I cut down trees, I wear high heels, suspenders, and a bra. I wish I'd been a girlie, just like my dear Papa!"
Ah Monty Python... how much good you have done to this world :)
* Sharing is caring
* The real answer to life, universe and everything is 42!
* Be the change you want to see in the world
* The smile is like a toothbrush, you have to use it often to keep your teeth clean, and it'll help you through every difficult moment, taking the best out of all changes in life
* Hakuna matata
* You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing
Bracelet counter: around 25ish (between worn and possessed)
-Amsterdam, Eindhoven, Utrecht (THE NETHERLANDS)
-Trieste, Turin, Milan, Rome (ITALY)
-Valencia, Palma of Majorca (SPAIN)
-Taipei, Kaohsiung, Taichung (TAIWAN)
-Calasiao, Manila, Makati City, Bohol, Angeles City (PHILIPPINES)
-Hanoi, Hue, Hoi An, Nha Trang (VIETNAM)
-Panama city (PANAMA)
-Puente negro (COSTA RICA)
-La Bombilla (LA PALMA - CANARY ISLAND)
-Washington DC (USA)
-Playa del Carmen (MEX)
I'm an active person always doing something, either active for the body (I used to be a soccer referee for years, now I do gym, swimming and running and I recently got my PADI open water diving certificate) or for the mind (now busy learning how to play the ukulele and doing theatre improv or singing some tunes here and there, plus trying to discover myself in the process to know me better)
I rather enjoy cooking&eating (actually love them both), reading and programming in my free time to get better and improve my skills.
Also, I notice too rarely how little I manage to go out for a dancing night :)
- board games
- scuba diving
Music, Movies, and Books
Movies: Howl's moving castle, Shutter Island, The eternal sunshine of the spotless mind, Big fish, Matrix, The Shawshank redemption, The Monty Phyton, Inception, and classical series such LOTR, Star Wars, Indiana Jones and 007.
Music: as specified above Jazz is one of my favourite kind with Keith Jarrett, Jake Shimabukuro, David Benoit, Pat Metheny, Euge Groove and Eric Darius but also artists like Lindsey Stirling and Yiruma. Also great fun of Indie rock and Playing for change. Latest additions to the list are Darren Hanlon and Nahko
Books: Sophie's world, The lord of the rings, The series of "A song of ice and fire" (Game of Thrones), The little prince, Jonathan Livingstone seagull, The hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy, Cloud Atlas, and also all the Jeffery Deaver thriller novels and the Agata Christie's ones, then Neil Gaiman, Castaneda, Jodorowski and some about Greek philosophy.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Waking up in such a crazy and amazing world.
Student exchange in Finland full of adventures, interesting persons and amazing places:
* Saw the northern lights from a frozen lake lost in the wood in February at 1am with -30°C
* Saw "kind of" midnight sun in summer with 23 hours of light per day
* Had a bath in the arctic ocean at the beginning of March directly coming out from a bus
* Swam in a frozen lake naked after a sauna in February with -28°C
* Found back (when I was in Finland) the wallet stolen one week before in S.Petersburg thanks to the mother of a friend of a colleague of a professor in my department
* Went in a sauna wearing only a tie and a fedora (and of course then jumped in a lake)
* Jumped from a 13 meters high cliff on a waterfall in Bohol (Philippines)
* Had a bath in 3 oceans so far (Arctic in Norway, Atlantic in Portugal/Canary Island and Pacific in the Philippines/Panama)
* Explored alone and for weeks-long Taiwan, Philippines and Vietnam getting to know more friends and to live amazing adventures
* Three Europe (2 weeks long) and Two Asian (4 weeks long) solo-trips based on CS, meeting unique and wonderful people witnessing that this world is extremely worth living
* Going for a 3 weeks "on the road" trip in the USA with a colleague of mine whom I met only a couple of months earlier (we used a conference as an excuse to start it off and then we went through beaches, hikes, breweries, runs, culture, museums, friends and more)
* Going to Mexico on my own and run around ancient ruins, amazing people, great waters and positive vibes
Teach, Learn, Share
Even though I'm still a young Padawan of life I could teach to cook, to be positive and appreciate life, some self defense against fruit (red AND black cherries included), and I can share the knowledge life taught me, and I'd like to receive the same from you.
Every person we meet gives us a sort of knowledge or can teach us something, the important thing is just to be able to understand what it is
What I Can Share with Hosts
Time, talks, stories, emotions, food, laughs, music, pieces of paper, paperclips and much more
Countries I’ve Visited
Austria, Belgium, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Panama, Philippines, Portugal, Russian Federation, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States, Vatican City State, Viet Nam
Countries I’ve Lived In
Finland, Italy, Netherlands