Work at Couchsurfing
VP of Product
Couchsurfing is the world’s premier social travel platform, with over 12 million members in nearly every country in the world. Couchsurfing changes people’s lives. Hearing the stories of Couchsurfers whose lives have been transformed by travel is the greatest reward for doing what we do. Join us and every day thousands of people from every country in the world will meet in person and embark on new adventures as a direct result of your work.
We are a small, nimble and hyper-focused team who are building the next generation of this powerful service, with a strong focus on mobile. Our platforms include web, ios, and android, and our mobile audience is growing rapidly. If you’re interesting in making a big impact at a small company with a passionate and large user base and growing revenue streams, then you’ll like it here.
As VP of Product, you’ll play an integral role in building out Couchsurfing’s vision for revolutionizing the ways that travelers connect around the world. You’ll be responsible for the product from strategy to execution, working with designers, engineers, the founders, user ops, sales, marketing, and other PMs to help build the best product possible.
You’ll be an early member of a product team building a game changing product. You’ll have ownership over a large piece of the product and drive strategy, roadmap, user research, release, metrics, and iteration. We’re a small, nimble, and fast moving team so you’ll have your hands in a bit of everything.
- Work with our design team to build beautiful, effective products
- Drive product development with engineering to ship your ideas
- Manage communication across stakeholders company-wide
- Define product metrics and analyze results
- Manage user research to learn about our candidate and employer users
- 4+ years of prior experience in product management and/or product design
- Great written & communication skills
- Strong data, metrics, and analysis skills
- Experience in working on a marketplace product is ideal
- Background in a technical field is ideal
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive compensation & equity options
- Open vacation & sick time
- Flexible work hours
- Employer paid health insurance, vision, and dental
- Group lunch from our own chef
- Stocked kitchen & beverages
- Dog friendly office space