Wants to Meet Up
- Last login 1 day ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Abraham’s full profile. It’s free!
You can get me on whatsapp: +6593364685
I am a digital consultant (i.e. i tell the govt their websites suck and then how to fix the problem)
On a non corporate front, I'm not so secretly working on a couple of trails for visitors. Trails that will take you off the beaten track in terms of food, drinks (think hidden bars) and stuff to see and do in Singapore. =)
I'm sociable, although it takes awhile to warm up, especially if you aren't who you say you are. Holding 3 jobs
Travel far and wide, immerse in culture, with people and enjoy life. Also, try EVERYTHING at least once.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I want to meet as many locals as possible in the many countries I'm visiting this year.
Meythia & friend
Catherine (Texas, USA) & Jimmy (USA)
Ade (spain), Carola (Germany) etc etc
Just to name a few
Events you can find me at:
None. I don't like big groups. Prefer to have more in depth conversations with individuals or small groups
No where else to put this so it's going here. This is my list of recommended places to visit & things to eat while you are in Singapore.
Nature: Pulau Ubin, the last untouched piece of land we have that hasn't been developed yet. You'll get as close to a kampong (aka village) life as possible there. Think deep quarries, tons of wildlife (unless it's too hot or raining), even more birds (2 of our rarest species--hornbills, are only found on ubin) and a dirt bike trail not for the faint of heart (tons of slopes). You'll need to take an early morning ferry (ideally in time for low tide to check out of intertidal zone!) for just S$2 per person, bike rentals are about S$10 per day, the ferry departs from Changi Village (contrary to its name, it is no where near to the airport).
If early morning boats aren't your thing, you can check out the Southern Ridges Trail, the two ends are a coast and a shopping mall, no joke. I usually start from the coast and make my way to the mall for dinner. If you're lucky you might get to see our "famous" green vine snake (i forgot the scientific name).
Food. This one will be subjective, but i'm going with my personal favorites.
1. Chicken Rice
Maxwell Food Center (Tian Tian) or United Square (Wee Nam Kee). National dish, these 2 are my favorite. I'd like to buy you dinner at the United Square one on the day you arrive if it's in time for dinner.
Holland Village Katong Laksa. Holland Village is also a decently priced nightlife area (albeit only for beer & with no views, it's also where ALL the expats go to drink, if you're home sick)
3. Changi Village
Everything here is good but i usually go for the chicken chop horfun, Nasi Lemak and the Red Tea Logan (RTL), they have the longest queues, can't miss 'em. Contrary to its name, it is not near the airport.
4. Bat Tuk Teh (Song Fa, near Bugis-ish) , i usually go for cocktails nearby after having this (did i mention i know all the best bars?)
5. Wanton Mee (Fei Fei, Joo Chiat)
6. Carrot Cake (not the dessert, this is fried), Fu Ming Carrot Cake near Redhill
7. Dim Sum (Swee Choon, the only place to get this done right, but the queue is insane)
8. Kaya Toast & eggs, a breakfast dish (any non-air conditioned food place with a drinks stall)
9. Curry Fish Head (Samy's Curry, this is a little pricey but the food is A.W.E.S.O.M.E, location is shit though)
10. Bak Chor Mee (Minced Meat Noodle), Can't pick a best one but you should be able to find this almost anywhere (i've been having this at this coffeeshop at Boat Quay, near ANOTHER great cocktail bar)
11. Orh Lua (oyster omelette), Bedok 85
12. Hokkien Mee
14. BBQ Stingray (Pasir Panjang Food Center (remember southern ridges trail? This is right smack in the middle of the trail)
15. Tau Huay (sweetened beancurd tofu), Rochor Tau Huay
16. Chwee Kuay (another breakfast dish), Ghim Koh Market
17. Char Kway Teow (fried rice cake noodles), Hong Lim Food Center
18. Things i skipped, Nasi Lemak, it's at changi Village. Durian, cos i don't like it. Rojak, I don't eat fruits but this is another local favorite.
1. The only party is one with me. HAHA. Ready for free entry, free booze and a free welcome to Singapore hug (sorry you only get one)?
- hidden gems
Music, Movies, and Books
Any movies except horror, any music except heavy metal, any books except 50 shades of grey (although I want to watch the movie)
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Annapurna circuit in Nepal, highest point 5416m!!
Teach, Learn, Share
Cryptocurrency & Investments (this is where we boast right? I turned a US$100 investment into a US$8000 portfolio in 3 months, yes i'm good)
What I Can Share with Hosts
A taste of the most expensive city in the world so you won't have to spend a bomb when you get there.
Countries I’ve Visited
Australia, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Laos, Macao, Malaysia, Maldives, Myanmar, New Zealand, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Switzerland, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Viet Nam
Countries I’ve Lived In