Not Accepting Guests
- Last login 12 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Airida’s full profile. It’s free!
Enjoy the life and travel the world
I am an open, friendly and very proactive person that can't stand in one place for long. Since I was a student I spent all my summers somewhere abroad and after I finished university I already changed my living location around 8 times. Currently living in Denmark but will be moving again very shortly!
I love to travel and I like meeting new people, I am keen to learn new languages and discover other cultures. Oh and I am also a party girl - I love to go out and have some drinks and to socialize! I think we should have fun and enjoy our life as we live only once!
Impossible is nothing.
Nothing happens without a reason.
It is never too late to be what you could have been.
If there is something you don't like around you - move, you are not a tree.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
- CS meetings and events
- couch surfing when travelling
- hosting when I have a convenient place for it
****Experience 2008 - 2011***
- surfed in New York for 5 days with 2 friends (in 2008)
- surfed in Luxembourg with a 3 friends of mine for one night while having a EuroTrip in 2008
- helped around in Vilnius (Lithuania) when my friend hosted a British guy for 3 days in 2009. We showed the city, went to some parties, tried together traditional Lithuanian drinks etc. Then I decided to become a member of CS! (previous CS experience was via my friends)
- surfed in London for 2 nights in 2009, met Nick who was surfing the same place for one night. Then I hosted him for one night when he was back to London after 2 months and I already had my own place in London
- surfed twice in Denmark (2010), 2 nights in Aalborg and 2 nights in Aarhus
- was participating and helping to organize some of CS events in London
- Hosted a few people in Glasgow while studying there (2011-2012)
-Hosted 2 Polish girls for 2 nights in London (May 2012)
-Hosted a Canadian guy for 2 nights in London (May 2012)
-CouchSurfed in Copenhagen before going to Roskilde Festival! (June 2012)
-couchsurfed through all the summer trip in 2012..:)
*** Hosting in DENMARK 2012 - 2013 ***
AALBORG: 2012 Sept-2013 Feb
- Slav Pshenov (Ukraine)- 2 nights
- Kurt Putney (London, UK) - 4 nights
AARHUS: 2013 March - onward
- Lena Liene (Riga, Latvia) - 6 nights
- Cara Nissen (Flensburg, Germany) - 2 nights
- Max Lauritzen (Stockholm, Sweden)- 3 nights
- Dominik B.(Bonn, Germany) - 2 nights
- Arjen Heijnis (Netherlands) - 4 nights
- Mads Ulrik Staehr (Denmark) - 1 night
- Ben Jones (UK) - 1 night
- David Maney (Australia) - 5 nights
- Slav Pshenov (Ukraine)- 2 nights
- Saulius and Simona (Lithuania)- 1 night
- Tom (Argentina) - 3 nights
- Ele Bouvet (Italy) - 2 nights
- Konstantin and Anton (Russia) - 3 nights
- Amanda (Brazil) and Dasha (Russia) - 1 night
- Julia (Austria) and Rasmus (Denmark) - 2 nights
- Tanii Fox (Germany) - 3 nights
- Zahars (Latvia) and Eveli (Estonia) - 2 nights
- Emily and Coen (Netherlands) - 7 nights
- Simon (Denmark) - 1 night
- Marija (Holland) - 3 nights
- There were many others.. I lost the count :)
Traveling, meeting new people, socializing, sports (biking, jogging, gym), healthy lifestyle.
Music, Movies, and Books
Movies: Jumper, Eurotrip, 14.99 Euro, Priceless, A Walk To Remember, The Wedding Crashers, Spanglish, Kill Bill, Crocodile Dundee
TV shows: Friends, Californication, Prison Break, Lost, Walking Dead, How I Met Your Mother
Music: Dance, RnB, Pop-rock, House, French, Romantic, Indie Rock, Jazz, 80's
(It very much depends on the mood and occasion)
Books: Patrick Suskind "Perfume: the Story of a Murderer", all Harry Potter books, Mark Levy "If Only It Were True", Stephen Clarke "A Year in the Merde"
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
I've got 3 on this list:)
1) Roadtrip in the U.S. in summer 2008.
Our one month adventurous started in NYC with an old 80's Buick. Our plan was: NYC-Niagara Falls-Chicago-Smoky Mountains-St Augustin-Orlando-Key West-Miami. Sure we visited more places and met a lot of nice people. It was a great experience! We had car problems, we were lost in the mountains at midnight, terrible rain attacked us in the camping we were soaking in the morning..even if then I was unhappy sometimes - now I have just the best memories!
2) Internship in Tunisia (2010) brings me great memories too. Totally different culture, friendly locals, amazing food and crazy experiences while travelling around or having day-to-day life there.
3) Summer trip in 2012 around Europe where in nearly 3 months period of time I have only CouchSurfed and stayed in hostel only twice just because there were many amazing people and wanted to join them :)
Started in Lithuania went to Roskilde festival in Denmark -> Copenhagen -> Berlin -> Prague -> Budapest -> Zagreb -> Plitvice lakes -> Zadar -> Split - Hvar -> Medugorje -> Mostar -> Sarajevo -> Guca festival -> Belgrade -> Ljubljana -> Lake Bled -> Venice -> Verona -> Munich -> Berlin -> Aalborg
Teach, Learn, Share
Those I can find some common interests with, something to talk about. I think the ones with big traveling experience are the most interesting ones! I like crazy, unpredictable people (as I am one of them), although I enjoy being in a company where people are planning everything into little small details. I think we can learn something from anyone. It is important for me to exchange.
Countries I’ve Visited
Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Russian Federation, Serbia, Slovenia, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In
Denmark, France, Lithuania, Tunisia, United Kingdom, United States