- Last login over 1 year ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Gustavo Alfonso’s full profile.
Research Internship in the Complutense University of Madrid, Spain (July 2017)
International Relations and Tax Law professional, researcher, hiker, mountain climber, storyteller, world nomad, polyglot. Currently, I'm applying for a Master in University of Groningen.
I'm an easy going, dynamic, spontaneous person. I love to laugh, making new friends and traveling a lot. I enjoy a lot to socialize and discover each individual's own unique story and personality. I volounteer a lot and love helping the others as much as I can!
I have left my heart in so many places, so I want to go back and build new memories. You can look through my eyes here: http://alfonsomorales.format.com
The love you take is equal to the love you made.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
The most important aspect of Couchsurfing is to fully get immerged into a new culture, to share stories and meet new people. Is the perfect way to go beyond tourism and really live a rich cultural experience!
I want to know and learn as much as possible of art, poetry, music, literature, social sciences, nature, languages and all kind of animals.
My main interest right now is to create my own portfolio. So I'm working hard to improve my photograph skills and challenge my own. If you want to know more of my work, you can look through my eyes here: http://alfonsomorales.format.com
- music festivals
- eating out
- world music
- rock climbing
- ice skating
- world history
- walking around
- cultural heritage
- play soccer
- foreign affairs
- mountain hiking
- learning foreign languages
- street photography
- dog walking
- swimming in the sea
Music, Movies, and Books
- Music: Fito Páez, Andrés Calamaro, Fabulosos Cadillacs, Café Tacuba, Fernando Delgadillo, Edgar Oceransky, Joaquín Sabina, Jarabe de Palo, Les Luthiers, Coldplay, The Beatles, Fobia, Serú Girán, Gustavo Ceratti, Soda Stereo, Daft Punk, Paul McCartney, CN Blue, Jason Mraz, One Republic, Wilco, Caifanes and so on...
Movies: Big Fish (Tim Burton) is my favourite one!! Amores Perros, The Grand Budapest Hotel, Dead Poets Society, Whiplash, Black Swan, Interstellar, El Orfanato, Rashomon, Spirited Away, and many others.
Books: The Name of the Wind, The Wise Man's Fear, The Book Thief, Rayuela, Fall of Giants, The Pillars of the Earth, World Without End, Winter of the World, Edge of Eternity, Cathedral of the Sea, Las Batallas del Desierto, El Libro Vacío and many others. In fact, I really love to read!!
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- Winning a United Nations photography contest.
- Social working in Rajasthan, India.
- Getting up early to look at the Himalayas
- Diving free in a coral reef near Cartagena, Colombia.
- Studying at the National University of México.
Teach, Learn, Share
- Spanish and some useful mexican expressions.
- How to cook and eat some mexican dishes (not spicy at all)
- Any other words in another languages that I know (English or Dutch)
- Some of the little photography skills I know!
- New dishes from around the world!
- New languages!
- Scuba dive!
- Play the guitar!
- Anything you want to share!
What I Can Share with Hosts
- I can cook for you! I know some delicious dishes from my country and around the world! You will be delighted!
- Take you some beautiful pictures in your own city!
- Any backpacking help you need in México
- A free tour guide in Puebla (my hometown) or México City
- I can share my experiences, learnings and feelings thorough my journey.
Countries I’ve Visited
Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Cayman Islands, Colombia, Croatia, Cuba, Czech Republic, England, Estonia, France, Germany, Hungary, India, Jamaica, Japan, Mexico, Morocco, Nepal, Netherlands, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Portugal, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey, United States, Uruguay, Viet Nam
Countries I’ve Lived In
Argentina, Croatia, India, Mexico, Netherlands, Taiwan