Maybe Accepting Guests
- 14% response rate
- Last login 24 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Ari’s full profile.
I guess I could describe myself as a 'city geek', I love the city I live in (Antwerp, of course), I'm a freelance guide and I love visiting other cities around the world.
I'm easy-going (but wouldn't everyone say that about himself?), always eager to meet new friends and learn new things.
My favourite guests are:
- People who feel at home, so don’t ask me questions like “can I use the bathroom?” or “may I use the wifi? It’s only to check the train timetables.” Since I invited you, you are welcome to do whatever you want, which includes using the toilet and going on Facebook ;)
- People who stay for a maximum of 3 nights. I live in a small appartment, and as much as I love having guests around, I also like some privacy and “me-time” once in a while. So 3 nights is really the maximum duration I can host you.
- People who want to explore the city. If I have the time, I’d love to show you around! If I don’t have the time, I will try to help you with a map and some tips!
- People who use the couchsurfing system the way it is designed to be used. So please, if you want to stay at my place, send a couchrequest, not just a message. If I accept your request, please click on “confirm”: that way the website adds you to my list of upcoming guests.
- People with full profiles and real names. I like to know who is coming before I click on “accept”. So I’m really sorry, Batman27, but I’m affraid that you’re not welcome (unless you can really fly…)
- People I can communicate with, so at least one common language please. I like to have nice and meaningful conversations with my guests, that go further than “weather today very good. Antwerp nice city.”
- People who write nice couchrequest, without creeping me out with long elaborations about eternal friendship, the meaning of life, peace, love and little ponies. Really, don’t do that, especially if you are a guy … :)
- And one last note to (Chinese) couchsurfers: please don't write random "haha"s and these things ~~ in the middle of your sentences :) I'm allergic to that ~ haha!
Looking forward to meeting you!
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I live in a small appartment with a comfortable couch, and eager to host people (max 3 at the time).
City guiding, cycling, cooking, theater, reading, procrastinating, travelling, meeting with friends, politics, walking
Countries I’ve Visited
Australia, Canada, China, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Latvia, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Spain, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In