- 100% response rate
- Last login 42 minutes ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Avinash’s full profile.
******FULLY VACCINATED against Covid-19 ( Dose 4 of 4) ******
"Work Hard and Travel Harder"
To travel around the world , meet new people , learn about new cultures , way of living, get the essence of life.
***** Read the couch information ( "My Home" tab) and send a personalized request if you really want to CS with me. Also, if you want to stand out in the crowd as I get tons of requests. Also, if there are any funny stories included in the request you will be even more highlighted :P Copy pasters - Forget about my couch ****
***** I do not reply to messages asking for couch nor to the profiles with No photos**************
I am a guy with lot of dreams. Currently working in Software industry. Love to meet new people , take up new challenges. My hobbies are cooking, reading , travelling , making new friends.
The essence of life is in becoming free and we are born to be free.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
"Traveling is not a reward of working, it's an education for living"
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I came to know about CSurfing when I was travelling in Croatia in 2011.I have surfed many couches and had amazing experiences after meeting and getting to know new people and seeing the places by the eyes of locals. I host a lot of people in Stockholm.
Also, I host
- FIKA events
- Sauna events
- Brunch and Dinner events
- Hiking Events
- Roof top bar events
- Get togethers
- And many more !!
I am a very active event organizer in Stockholm CS Community.
Not one or two, plenty of them. Made some of the best friends for life from CSurfing.
Its an amazing experience to have people with different culture , religion coming together and to share their ideas and experiences.
Meeting new people , learning new things , travelling , making lot of friends.
I am more into nature. So if you ask about forest, national parks, archipelago I could give you more tips compared to Museums in Stockholm :-)
Music, Movies, and Books
Music: Romantic Bollywood and Sandalwood music, Gazals and songs which have deep meanings about life.
Movies: Taare Zameen Par, 3idiots, Dangal
Stand Up Comedy : Russell Peters, Gabriel Iglesias, Jeff Dunham, Trevor Noah
Books:Financial, Self Improvement, Motivational books
Documentaries : Steve Irwin, Bear Grylls, Austin Stevens
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- Riding a bicycle in the middle of the night on a highway in total darkness
- Dive in the open lakes in Sweden which are having freezing water.
- Sauna and dip in the Swedish frozen lake during winter when it was -17 degrees :P
- Hiked Tatra mountains in Poland, crossed the border and hiked High Tatra's of Slovakia as well.
- Hiking down in the lower Tatra's in Slovakia, in darkness with fear of bears around.
- Sailed deep in Atlantic ocean in Iceland to check out Dolphins
- Visiting biggest Ski resort of Sweden, Åre.
- Couchsurfing during new year with a Swedish family , sitting in a hottub, with freezing temperature outside, sipping hot beverage and looking at the sky for fireworks.
- Sailing in Stockholm Archipelago, during a stormy weather with boat tilting 45 degrees !
- Mind boggling Sunset at Gharlapsi in Malta.
- Dancing with Balkan CSers whole night till 5.30 am in a crazy DJ party at Sarajevo.
- Part of a DJ party in the remote village of Slovakia where I was the only foreigner :-)
- Seen my own death ( almost ) from a very close range.
- Hiking over a glacier in total darkness to see an ICE cave in the northernmost city's wilderness.
- Solo backpacking trip in South America without much knowledge about Spanish language ( Some really crazy stories are hidden under here , Ha Ha Ha :-) )
- Hiking the highest and still active volcano in the world (Cotopaxi, Ecuador)
- 8 days Expedition in the Himalayas to see "7 Great Kashmir Lakes" and then backpacking across India.
- Scuba Diving in Maldives where you could see sea life , just a few meters under water, that emotion is hard to explain.
- Solo backpacking across last Shangrila, Bhutan, which was not so easy.
- A day at Chernobyl, place of biggest nuclear disaster in the world, had goosebumps when standing near sarcophagus of nuclear reactor #4, visiting it's surroundings and Pripyat city.
- Summiting Sweden's highest mountain(Kebnekaise) in 14.5 hours and 3.5 days no food, only on warm soups and protein bars.
- Pitching up tent together with my host on a private golf course on Tenerife only to get woken up by automatic sprinklers at 1.00 am and security guard at 5.00 am.
- And Many More !!
Teach, Learn, Share
- Sharing life , travel , couchsurfing stories
- My personal space
- My TIME !!
What I Can Share with Hosts
- Travel experience
- Hosting experience
- Sharing life stories
- Cultural experience
- Swedish lifestyle
- A lot of things about my mother country INDIA!!
Countries I’ve Visited
Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Belgium, Bhutan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Canada, Colombia, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, England, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malaysia, Maldives, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Morocco, Nepal, Netherlands, Northern Ireland, Norway, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Scotland, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sri Lanka, Svalbard and Jan Mayen, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, United States, Vatican City State, Viet Nam, Wales
Countries I’ve Lived In