- 37% response rate
- Last login about 8 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Basti’s full profile.
we are Viviane and Bastian, 33 and 32 years old, both German and would love to meet you :-)
In 2020 we started hitchhiking form Germany towards Japan to participate as a spectator in the Olympics 2021. We wanted to reach Tokyo to cheer on our best friend who was competing 110m hurdles. Unfortunately due to Covid, we never made it to Japan. The borders didnt open.
BUT, here is the But: We had so many great exchanges and adventures along the way. Through Couchsurfing, we have met people, dived into cultures and have visited countries that we never planned visiting like Pakistan or Kyrgistan.
As part of this adventure, we would love to get in touch with you. This year 2022/2023 it's time to
make it to Japan. We want to get to know you and learn so much about you :-) Even though the Olympics are over, we hope to have a great exchange between you and us. We are happy to share stories and share cultural insights from Germany.
We are living close to the Lake of Constance in the south of Germany near the mountains of Austria and Switzerland. In this area we love the opportunity to enjoy outdoor activities like playing beachvolleyball, surfing, swimming or do mountains sports like biking, climbing or hiking. To explore different countries, cultures, living and learning from locals has always been an ambition for us. We rather love to stay longer at one place off the beaten touristic tracks than just stopping for pictures. While we support you, we are looking forward to get to know you and learn from your life experiences. Furthermore, happy to share our memories from e.g. traveling Vietnam by motorbike, hiking the Himalayas in Nepal, supporting social projects in Guatemala or about visiting ancient tribes in Ethiopia.
What we do for work? What do we think we are good at? How can we support you?
Bastian has an engineering background and has worked for automotive companies as a project manager. So he is pretty fit in managing people and resources. Also maths, statistics, big data, fixing computer or working with software like word, excel, projects is easy for him. Additional to that he is very talented in photography and videography. With those skills he also supported projects abroad like a school for kids with special needs in Guatemala doing business work and marketing for them. Besides his profession, he teaches voluntarily track & field to approx. 30 kids in Germany, plays and teaches the piano+guitar and knows how to juggle ;-)
Viviane is a physiotherapist, nutritionist and personal trainer. While she was supporting a social project in Guatemala with giving therapy, sports and nutrition classes to people with disabilities, she is running her own business in personal training and physiotherpay in Germany. Viviane is really good in caring and has worked as an Au Pair in Chicago looking for 3 kids and 2 dogs. Together with her 4 siblings, Viviane grew up in an animal friendly environment with dogs, cats, horses. She is excellent in horse riding and jumping and has taught it for many years. She has also worked as a Lifeguard in an US summercamp and is therefore really good in swimming :-)
We are looking forward to get to know you, your culture and daily life through our support if you need strong hands or creative minds ;-)
See you soon,
Bastian & Viviane
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
• Learning and extending our knowledge of other cultures and countries
• Most important: Helping and supporting people around the world and keeping a healthy relationship
Sports, Music, Photography, Windsurfing, Snowboarding
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Happy to share when we meet :-)
Teach, Learn, Share
We are happy to help you if you need the following support from us:
• Physical Work: As all-rounder in sports you can give us any kind of physical work
• Construction Work & Repairing: We have experience in construction & repairing since we have done some construction on our parents’ house & repairing things in and around our apartment.
• Website Creation and Search Engine Optimization (SEO): Creating professional websites (our own and for other firms), doing photography and videography (@bastian_maria_photography on Instagram or www.vivianewintermantel.de as examples)
• Photography & Videography: Happy to help recording, developing and sharing your content
• Business Development: As Bastian has an Engineering, Business and Start-up background, he will be very happy to support your Business including marketing assisting your business grow.
• Computer classes: We are both good in working with computers and fixing them in case there is a bug 😊 . If you need help, let us know.
• Nutrition, sports or yoga classes: Viviane has studied nutrition classes in the US and has coached and supported people in Germany in their personal goals like reaching healthy weight. Combined with activities like yoga, she would be able to support your sporty needs.
• Social Work: We have experience in working for social projects (kids, people with special needs etc.) since we both worked in a traditional summer camp and an Au Pair in the USA, supported a school for people with disabilities in Guatemala and grew up in big family on a farm.
• Animal Care: We love to live and work with animals. We grew up with horses, dogs, cats etc. and so we are used to help for whatever work you have on your farm or in your house around animals.
• Teaching: Languages are fun for us, since we know how much it means to be able to communicate in other countries. Let us know if you need help with English, German, some Spanish or French.
• Music classes: Bastian knows how to play the piano since he is 8 years old and has taught children how to play. He has started playing the guitar and is improving day by day.
• Swimming classes: Viviane is an US Lifeguard and is really good at swimming. If you need help with e.g. swimming lessons for your children or for yourself, feel free to reach out.
• Barkeeping, Waitressing: We have both worked for restaurants before and are familiar with gastronomic procedures.
• Driving Service: We both have an international drivers license and are happy to do driving services.
Let us know if you need help with something that is not listed above. We are open to new things: Learning by doing" ;-)
Countries I’ve Visited
Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Curaçao, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, England, Ethiopia, France, Germany, Guatemala, Honduras, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kyrgyzstan, Lesotho, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Mexico, Monaco, Morocco, Nepal, Netherlands, Norway, Pakistan, San Marino, Serbia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Tanzania, Thailand, Turkey, United States, Uzbekistan, Viet Nam, Wales
Countries I’ve Lived In
Germany, South Africa, United States