Wants to Meet Up
- Last login about 5 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Blake’s full profile. It’s free!
■ IN A NUTSHELL
I'm an author and educator who takes teenagers on trips around the world through my own travel company, and I write & speak about the power of self-directed learning.
■ A LITTLE BIT MORE
- I love intense one-on-one conversations about deep subjects.
- I'm addicted to the feeling of close embrace in partner dance.
- I'm from Northern California, but don't live any one place throughout the year.
- I'm a diehard morning person who turns into a pumpkin after 10pm.
- I genuinely believe I'm helping the world by telling kids to drop out of school.
- Put me in the mountains and I'll run for hours.
■ IN 2017 I AM...
- Spending three months in Buenos Aires with 16 young adults as part of a gap year program.
- Hiking one of the Camino de Santiago trails in Spain.
- Dedicating my summer to the mountains of California.
- Taking a group of 11 teenagers to Southeast Asia for 7 weeks.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
To me, Couchsurfing is a big clubhouse of generous, positive, open, and globally-minded people: friends who I haven't met yet!
I appreciate that Couchsurfing makes travel more accessible to those with limited resources, and I love the pay-it-forward spirit.
Sometimes I just directly message people who seem super-interesting and try to hang out with them. Consider yourself warned.
I generally get along with people who:
think ideas matter.
are always reading.
need the wilderness.
have traveled solo abroad.
don't want to settle down (ever).
are open-minded and non-dogmatic.
actually like meeting up with strangers.
If you can throw a frisbee, we will be instant best friends.
- trail running
- settlers of catan
- argentine tango
- blues dancing
- fusion dancing
Music, Movies, and Books
Here's what I'm dancing to lately:
This is pretty much the best thing I've ever read:
Teach, Learn, Share
■ THINGS WE SHOULD DO TOGETHER
- Cook meals
- Hike, swim, bike, slackline—anything outside!
- Throw a frisbee forever and ever
- Take a partner dance class (e.g. blues, swing, tango)
- Seek out the *best* cappuccino or beer in the area
- Play board games / card games
- Discuss education, life goals, relationships, and business ideas
- Something *completely* unexpected
Countries I’ve Visited
Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bolivia, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Guatemala, India, Italy, Mexico, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Peru, Switzerland, Uruguay
Countries I’ve Lived In
Argentina, United States