Wants to Meet Up
- Last login 4 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see BLUEHAPPY’s full profile.
I'M CURRENTLY in Romania
- October: Romania, Eindhoven?
- November: ??
- December: ?
I'm a nomadic American, professional (mostly), admirer of things to eat, beaches, mountains, city, art, bicycles, urban planning, design, scooters, cars, cats, yoga, technology, and everyday life.
I'm slowly traveling around the world, living out of a 26L bag, living sometimes interesting and sometimes boring mini-lives. I'd like to meet people and see the places I visit through their eyes and lives, to get a taste for life there. Sometimes the mundane is the most interesting.
Sometimes interesting pictures at http://www.bluehurry.com
CS generally draws nice and open minded people, but FYI, I'm a gay guy. It's an important part of me, but also just one part of who I am as a person.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
Traveling to a new place can sometimes be stressful and expensive without local knowledge, so I like to help out when I can.
When traveling, I'd like to have the same experience, make a local friend, see and experience from a local perspective. It makes the initial transition much smoother as well.
- Car Design
- Scootering (I have one)
- Bicycling around town (I have 4 :-)
- Snowboarding (I can teach you)
- Beaches/Swimming (I finally learned how to swim!!!)
- Naked/nude beach or pool (it's awesome to skinny dip)
- Yoga (helps me remember to breath, and do cool tricks)
- Cats (yes i love to play with soft and furry animals)
- Picnicking in the park
- Gardening (I try...)
- Eating, Cooking (I can make ravioli from scratch ;-)
- Throwing a Frisbee (because I'm a jock hahaha no not really)
- Thrift-Stores, Recycling, Tree-hugging, (because I'm a treehugger)
- Board Games (let me tell you about Dominion...)
- Design & Architecture (especially tiny homes & small spaces)
- Urban planning & public transport systems (I'm fascinated by systems)
- Technology, Gadgets
Music, Movies, and Books
I'm illiterite, but I do like KCRW, WaitWaitDon'tTellMe, and Marina & The Diamonds. I also love reddit.
Movies are fun to watch, but I don't watch too many. Some favorites are, in alphabetical order: American Beauty, Hedwig, Shawshank Redemption, Weekend (2011). I'm sure there are more, but that's all I can think of right now.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- Playing on the giant sand dunes at White Sands in New Mexico
- Spending a month pretending I live Paris & Berlin
- Bicycling all around Reykjavik looking for the northern lights
- Surviving the crazy Florida drivers, bicycling from Ft. Lauderdale to N. Miami
- Co-teaching a technology & resume class for seniors
- Spending 3 months riding around Viet Nam on a motorbike and work at the same time.
- Finally (mostly) over my fear of water and can (somewhat) swim!! Now everywhere I go, I'll look for a pool or a beach to swim, even better au naturel :D
- Being able to swim naked in a lake, the sea, a river in the mountain, a swimming pool
Teach, Learn, Share
If you're visiting Colorado and want to learn how to snowboard... I'll teach you. If you want to learn how to swim... actually maybe you can teach me, because I've just recently learned how to swim.
UPDATE: After 7 months of learning from 5 very patient friends. I can now (sort of) swim! and am totally qualified to teach you how to swim now ;-D no really. I am!
I can also teach you how to do a headstand :D
What I Can Share with Hosts
If you want to eat raviolis like your Italian grandmother makes, that'd be me. I can make raviolis from scratch, but you're going to have to be my sous chef!
If you want vegan cheesecake, I can make that, too (if we can find all the ingredients and have time).
I eat a lot. So yeah...
Countries I’ve Visited
Australia, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Canada, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Iceland, Japan, Malaysia, Morocco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Kingdom, Viet Nam
Countries I’ve Lived In