Maybe Accepting Guests
- 80% response rate
- Last login 4 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Carl-Johan’s full profile. It’s free!
I'm easy-going and looking forward to learn, discover and create projects with peoples from the whole world.
I travel a lot because of my work (research in computer sciences), and particularly love to visit cities "in immersion": living with / like the locals.
I welcome any new experience with a great interest and do not intend to stop being amazed by any little discovery on the way.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
Me and my room-mates just moved to a big house with a lot of place to host people. We decided to have the most possible people dropping by and sharing their experience with us ... We had a lot a couchsurfers at home, mostly from my roommate couchsurfing account...
I also couchsurfed my way around Britany by bike.
My interests are wide:
- I'm a medieval reenactors, which makes me design, craft and use a lot of historical costumes and accessories. (For now, Viking-age, 11th century, 14th century, Victorian and Pirate outfits)
- I'm passionate with any kind of games: board games, card games, rôle-playing games (tabletop and live-action), video games...
- I'm a potent crafter for leather-working, wood-working, sewing, foam sculpting and others...
- I'm an administrator of a big association promoting scientific culture.
- I'm a computer scientist, and I enjoy coding and playing with electronics.
- I enjoy cooking and most of the time manage to reach tasty results !
- And, once again, I'm basically always searching to discover new interests...
- video games
- board games
- computer science
Music, Movies, and Books
Music: power metal, Irish folk, electro ...
Favourite band : Machinae supremacy (SID metal)
Books: Fantasy, science fiction. We have a nice bookshelf at home !
Movies: Fantasy, anims, random stuff...
A big fan of Tim Burton & Miyazaki.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
I try to live any occasion at the fullest and do not want to decide on a "best" one...
Anyway, I'll always remember attempting to climb a Norway glacier as a child... and the amazement front of such a giant.
Teach, Learn, Share
I can teach :
- Programming, Artificial Intelligence, Virtual Reality
- Costume Crafting (leatherworking, woodworking, sewing, masks crafting, foam sculpting...)
- Swordfighting (or axes, of spears, or whatever you want)
- Cooking stuff !
What I Can Share with Hosts
I will be happy to share travel experiences, show you around and talk nigh-long about sciences, middle ages, games or crafting.
Countries I’ve Visited
Netherlands, Norway, United Kingdom, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In
Denmark, France, Taiwan