- 98% response rate
- Last login 2 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see CATHYLILLE’s full profile.
Enlightened people of all the countries unite !!!!
I love traveling and have always been interested in discovering new people and different cultures. I've been hosting people for more than 10 years.
I ll always give priority to the travelers. It s important for me to give young people the opportunity to travel. It s not always easy for them because traveling is expensive and I m happy to contribute to their discovery of the world.
Please note :
- that I won t answer to any request more than 2 weeks in advance (I noticed that people who confirm their stay a long time in advance are often the ones who never appear )
- I always feel committed when I host people. I m not the kind of person who cancels at the very last minute without any good reason. I expect the same from my couchsurfers. Don t forget that when you do that, you destroy the chances of others to be hosted.
- I expect from you that you contact me the day before your arrival when you have confirmed your stay. . On that day I ll give you my address and explain you how you can reach . I live 3 metro stations from the railway station and city center.
- Don t make any request if you come to Lille because you want to spend your time with friends who can t host you. I expect at least an exchange with my couchsurfers and I m not here just to provide a free couch.
If we want to make this world a better place , I think it's necessary to build bridges between the different people. We can learn a lot from other cultures.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
I began hosting people more than years ago , had some great experiences with couchsurfing and met incredible people with very different backgrounds (age, culture, religion, nationality).I learnt a lot from them and we had very good time talking about different topics , exchanging ideas, visiting the city or eating.
Traveling is my favourite hobby but I also like discovering new cultures and meeting different people ,learning languages, reading, going to cinema or theatre, visiting exhibitions, cooking or having a nice dinner with some friends....
I liked all the countries I visited because I think that every country has something to offer.
Music, Movies, and Books
I usually watch a lot of foreign moovies and like reading essays and novels with historical background.I like asian moovies very much.
I also like world music .
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- Getting lost with 4 people (and 2 guides !!!) in the jungle in Thailand as the night was falling and as it was raining very heavily . After 2 hours we found a private house and we settled there to prepare the meal and spend the night . The people were not at home and they didn't come back. If they read this, I hope they will forgive us because we had no other choice.
Teach, Learn, Share
I 'll be happy to to show you around my city if I'm available and I'll do my best to make you discover the french culture . I can also help you if you want to improve your skills in french , because I'm also teaching french to foreigners. I'm sure that I'll also have a lot of questions to ask you about your own country.
What I Can Share with Hosts
I can cook french dishes and show you how to cook them , give some informations about traveling in the countries I visited ...It depends on your own interests !
Countries I’ve Visited
Armenia, Austria, Belgium, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cambodia, Canada, China, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Côte d'Ivoire, Denmark, Ecuador, Egypt, Estonia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Jordan, Laos, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Malta, Morocco, Myanmar, Netherlands, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Syrian Arab Republic, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Kingdom, United States, Uzbekistan, Viet Nam
Countries I’ve Lived In