Not Accepting Guests
- Last login about 1 month ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Cecilia’s full profile. It’s free!
Encontrar mi paraíso.
I guess I'm a regular confused human being, I don't like to settle into anything because I'm always evolving, or at least, changing.
To listen: Linkin Park, Alessandro Safina, Sarah Brightman, Soda Stereo, U2, The Killers, Sigur Ros, all the music in between and you can suggest because I'm curious enough to listen it.
To do: To walk in the park because is when I can set my mind off. Yoga. Meditation. Crochet. Learning languages. To sleep until late. To clean. To overanalize stuff, a lot, philosophy of the trivial.
To eat: Dulce de leche, pasta, tiramisù, ice cream, chocolate, desserts (fruits are not desserts!).
To read: I have a wide variety a topics I enjoy, tales and essays about how brain and emotions work may be my favorites.
To take: Mate amargo. Hot water baths.
To play with: Sarcastic minds. Rain. Dogs.
Animals: I love dogs. I can't kill a bug. I don't eat meat. I don't like the zoo or any kind of animal display. I work as a volunteer in some projets to take care of animals.
I HATE: Politics. Violence. To wake up early. That I had to write this profile in English. When people tell me "you can't be social if you're not on Facebook".
I'M INTERESTED IN: Things I don't understand. Smart people. Meditation. Buddhist philosophy.
I MISS: my grandmother and my dad.
I ADMIRE: intelligence. Optimism.
I HOPE: To be able to start over every time I need it. To be forgiven if I make mistakes. To keep learning. To keep trying.
-evolving so tomorrow I will not be what I am now.
-learning about myself and this is the best part of the process, the journey when I expose myself to a lot of different things/people/situations to learn from them and to learn new ways to live with them in peace.
-sharing because I'm not alone in this world and eveyone has something to give or to teach, and most of all because all of us have a responsability on someone's life.
-accepting that everything happens for a reason and even when it seems to be a tragedy it will take me to a better place; that people is different and different teaches more; that I can't control anything but myself; that life is how you take it, that changes are not always that bad; that sometimes to leave is better than staying for no reason.
-trying to find myself.
This too shall pass.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I've been a host, a surfer, I go to language exchange meetings. I go to almost every single dinner/asado I'm invited to. I like to help lost/new users in the webpage. I do my best to respect and spread what the old experienced Couchsurfers have taught me.
(See "All abou you" section)
Music, Movies, and Books
Libros: "El retrato de Dorian Gray", "Tuesdays with Morrie", "El arte de la guerra".
Autores: Cortazar, García Marquez, Dolina, Oscar Wilde, otros.
Películas: "El abogado del Diablo", "The big fish", "Paris je t'aime", "Les choristes", "Slumdog millionaire". Cortos también.
Música: Alessandro Safina, Linkin Park, Soda Stereo, U2, Sarah Brightman y varios más.
Más detalle aquí: http://www.youtube.com/user/CeciliaMarnero?feature=mhee
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Once I thought life had no meaning.
Once I adopted a bat, it left that same night XD
Once I heard a band playing "Adiós Nonino" live in the bookstore in Buenos Aires that used to be a theatre, while I was reading a book, very argentinian moment.
Teach, Learn, Share
* languages: love Italian, I try to improve my English, and I always say I want to practice some French again, because I never do it.
* cooking: found recently that I enjoy cooking when there's no one to tell me I did something wrong, and when people is patient enough to teach me. My favorites dishes are italian but I love to try new stuff, specially since I became vegetarian.
* Spanish: not because I speak the language but because I like it and I'm very respectful about spelling and grammar. I also like to read so I've seen how well Spanish works when it's used correctly and magically as some authors do.
* meditation: I'm still learning it's amazing how much people can get from just trying.
* don't know much but just ask me, because I always try to help and what I don't know there's always a video in youtube teaching how to do it ;)