Not Accepting Guests
- Last login 1 day ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Charou’s full profile.
To find a home away from home. I want to break this myth that CS is a platform where you stay at a stranger's place only to save money, but its way beyond that...while google and staying at hotels would get you to experience the touristy places and eating joints, couchsurfing makes you experience the authentic "home away from home" feeling. So you get to share and taste the home made wine and tiramisu made with love by a local (:P since I love both, thus the example :)) or get to visit a place recommended that only a person from that town knows..incredible..isn't it? I have had the privilege to come across the most fun, curious and enlightened souls through this forum and I am enjoying every bit of it.
I'm a fun loving person who is open to life....I'm an ambivert..love my solitude and also love to interact with people from various walks of life..
Before you go further and read my profile, kindly do not send me couch requests before reading home section. My couch is preferably for ladies. However, I have made very few exceptions of hosting men in the past. Tell me why you want me to host you and I might make an exception if I'm able to. Few basic and common reminders for those who lack common sense
1. CS is a platform for hosting travelers..so don't send me a request if you are visiting for an interview, job search or just trying your luck.
2. Please don't send a request saying you are from a particular state and not aquatinted with Mumbai, I can read between the lines so please don't make lame excuses for free accomodation if you are traveling from India, as all Indians are very well acquainted with the basic customs n cultures. Make an effort to write a personal request explaining why u want to be hosted
3. Please Do Not send me random friend requests and message 'hey wassup'. Take the time out to look at the sky to see what's up and you might get a different perspective on life
4. This is NOT a dating site..any such requests and you will be blocked and reported without any explanation.
5. For people who I host, please make sure to clean up after yourselves, take a shower at least once as the weather is hot and not throw the toilet paper in the flush. Better still..not use one and get aquainted with the indian way of using hand faucets
6. It would be nice to offer some help or make time to interact as again, CS is way beyond a free accomodation
7. Don't send a message saying please can I stay with you..or send me your address (yes, I did receive such messages) go through my profile and see if we are a fit for each other as you are considering to enter my home, which is my sacred space. Send a personalized request.
8. Have a friendly smile and attitude and we shall get along fine.
9. Since I'm hosting you when you require, it's only courteous to leave a review as soon as your stay is over. Doesn't take more than 2-5 minutes. References on couchsurfing matter, specially for new members
10. Talking of references, only send me a request should you have references yourself. Or wait until you do before sending a request
have faith in yourself n everything will fall in place just the way u want it to be but at the right time
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
'Don't you think it would be cool if no matter where you are in the world, you feel at home, better still, you feel safe just as when you are at home'
I believe that couchsurfing will give me an experience like that..soon I hope!
writing, travelling, listening to music...reading...wine tasting and horse riding. I want to really continue learning horse riding and forge my connection with horses
Music, Movies, and Books
A mighty heart, he's just not that into you, the holiday, how to be single, the black swan, joy, in persuit of happiness and many more
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
para- sailing in Bangkok, kayaking by the Halong bay waters, getting stranded in the motor boat en route Catba island - all ready to jump off n swim to my destination (alas the motor boat started that very moment :P) firewalking at Tony Robbins event, hiking at Mt. Gustaben near Oslo, surfing and horse riding retreat in Algarvae, wine spa in Prague, Lisbon under stars (must see) with the perfect company..skydiving in Sydney, hitchhiking in NZ,camping in the wild near lake tekapo, and many more small n big moments
Teach, Learn, Share
where ability ends...faith carries u through
What I Can Share with Hosts
Indian masala chai n some soul nourishing conversations
Countries I’ve Visited
Albania, Australia, Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cambodia, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, Indonesia, Italy, Malaysia, Mexico, Montenegro, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Philippines, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Viet Nam
Countries I’ve Lived In