Wants to Meet Up
- Last login about 12 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see chuen’s full profile. It’s free!
Update Jan 2018:
I'm starting on my life changing journey to spread Resistance Stretching to communities around the world.
Read more about my DIY guide to Resistance Stretching here:
Hello and thank you for reading my profile!
I think of myself as a peaceful and friendly creature - people say I'm smart, my parents think I'm naiive, I can be quiet and contemplating, but always have a smile on my face and an optimistic outlook on life.
My life journey up til now has brought me to a stable and decent job in Edinburgh, UK; but I know I don't want to do this my whole life (or settle in Edinburgh) and have finally found my new dream and adventure to pursue.
Three years ago I've discovered resistance stretching (please check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/user/Meridianstretching) and started changing my body and life ever since. I've always believed that I was able to keep learning and changing as long I have a youthful mind-set. I wasn't aware how fast it is to change a person by physical means and simultaneously reaching out to psychological, emotional and spiritual levels of a being. Resistance flexibility is a very powerful tool to heal, upgrade and analyse the human body. (I can tell you a lot more about it, so feel free to ask me!)
My dream is to obtain enough knowledge and experience (hopefully get certified) to be able to travel the world in future. I hope to be a healer and help people around the world heal themselves and others.
I have attended the level I certification workshop in February 2016 and have started a small stretch group in Edinburgh with some friends - including martial artists, dancers, performers, yoga practitioners, healers, body workers, massage and physio-therapists.
I've started a Telegram channel where I post stretches for friends to try at home. Please feel free to join me and start stretching! :D
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
- to meet new friends and show them resistance stretching
- hopefully to make an impact in their life
- get inspired by the CS community
- experience different people and cultures and
- explore our wonderful planet!
I've always been fond of living a healthy life and I strive to improve myself in any way.
I'm a capoeirista of the Capoeira Senzala Scotland group.
I grew up Snowboarding in Austria and would love to do an snowboard instructor course if I had the time to!
- going for walks
- being in nature
- playing in playgrounds
- dancing (contact improv)
- cooking and eating!
- learning/trying new things
- getting free stuff XD
- life/health hacks
- shakti mat (accupressure mat)
-alternative medicine/essential oil/herbs/chinese medicine
- dumpster diving
- holistic health
- chinese medicine
Music, Movies, and Books
I don't tend to watch many movies as I don't like to sit still for too long.
A recent movie I saw on a plane I liked is "The 33 (los 33)".
Except movies I've seen a thousand times on VHS when I was a child (Mortal Kombat, Terminator I, II), I usually don't remember movies well.
If I had to pick a movie genre, I usually go for some animation/disney, comedy or a movie based on a real event.
It's the same with books. I don't like to sit still for too long. (Why immerse yourself into a story when you can go out and live life and explore the world!) But books I've remembered that I liked are:
- The Kite Runner,
- Life of Pi
I used to watch anime and still do every now and then. (I've learned many life lession from watching them! and japanese voice acting is just amazing!)
I'd say my all time favourite is
FMA, and FMA Brotherhood.
Others I feel nostalgic about are: Digimon, Dragon Ball (Z, GT, Super), Fairy Tail, Neon Genesis Evangelion, One Punch Man, Death Note, FLCL, Read or Die
Regarding music, I like listening to anything, especially live. I also enjoy acapella, remixes, soundtracks (Fairy tail, FMA), oldies (00s, 90s, 80s, 70s) rock and pop.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- at 16: I swapped seats with my older cousin (the driver) in a driving car (at 100mph) to let him rest for a while on the way home (How reckless! I know!)
- at 19: Without initial support from family, I spend one year in Qiqihar, Heilongjiang teaching English at SOS children's village and Qiqihar University (In that summer I took the 48hr train from Beijing to Lhasa on a seater)
- at 26-27: I finally got rid of my knee support for Capoeira through a year of dedicated self-stretching (resistance flexibility).
I wrote an article to inspire friends and family to start resistance stretching:
- at 28 (not something I've done, but rather I've experienced): Feeling and releasing emotions from the past stored in the fascia structure of my body during a partner stretch session at the genius of flexibility.
- at 29: After a three hour partner stretch session my friend had no more pain in her shoulder - which she had for three months!
-at 29: hitchhiking with a friend from the UK to Austria for Christmas 2016. My first part of the journey is here:
Teach, Learn, Share
Things I can share with you:
I want to practice resistance stretching exercises with you, show you the acupressure mats and I'm happy to give you a back or neck massage.
I would like to learn/expierence:
-bungee jumping (any adrenaline filled activity)
- any skill useful or not :D
What I Can Share with Hosts
- cooking (skills/help)
- life stories/philosophies
- health tips
- Resistance stretching workout
- Shakti mat
- my smile
Countries I’ve Visited
Canada, China, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Scotland
Countries I’ve Lived In
Austria, China, Scotland