Wants to Meet Up
- Last login 7 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Liane’s full profile. It’s free!
Love. Give love to people, be a comfort, a joy as much as I am able to be, for my contemporaries Discover the rich character of anyone Try to see and share the poetry of everything in our world And colour the universe !!!
People who barely know me would say smiling. Hopeful in life whatsoever.
Then talkative - don't be scared, I won't make you deaf. Open-minded, I try - "not kill the neighbour because his dog barks all the night long" -, and sensitive to anything - may it be the caress of the wind, the smell of a passer-by, a funny slip of the tongue in a serious talk...
Oh ! I don't smoke, but I am alright with smokers.
'The world is a rose ; smell it and give it to your neighbour.' (Arabic proverb)
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I hope I can help this wonderful initiative, for now, by hosting people, learn to know others, and talk about it among all my acquaintances. Soon, we will be connected to the whole world, and the network will extend to the stars and the planets !
* A great way to meet people when you're far away ! I got to know many wonderful people this way when I was in China.
* Positive hosting and unforgettable experiences also as a guest. I am always longing for new experiences ! Does a better way of travelling, discovering, sharing ever exist ?
* Geology and mining. Nothing's better than rocks :D
* Foreigners, foreign cultures. If God didn't create Babel, I would have built it by myself ; what a chance to have so many cultures and languages, it would be a shame not to enjoy it...
* Art in general. Great admirer of Andy Goldsworthy and Japanese poets. When I was younger I dreamt of inventing olfactory, or, better, multiple sense-calling works.
* Writing - as the most admirable Japanese writer Sôseki wrote it: "a painter who has not painted a single picture, a poet who has not written a single line, is richer than any of the trivial personalities of this world". Live out your poetry everyday, let you invade by the air and sensations around you, see the world in its everlasting beauty and you will always be a poet, an artist...
* Dancing. I know, it is an art, but so peculiar. Alone, in a group, in a couple. Dancing is my way of doing art, and sometimes approach people...
* Cross-country skiing. I hope that I will be able some day to do this famous race in France, more than 70 km !
* Every kind of cooking - all sensual smells, contacts, flavours, delicious views of food. Preparing and sharing, hm...
Music, Movies, and Books
About Music, higgledy-piggledy :
- Cape Verdean music (Mariana Ramos, Simentera, Teofilo Chantre), French and Belgian singers (Barbara, Tetes Raides, Brel, Stromae, Mano Solo...)
- Latin music from all South and Central America (Raul Paz, Congreso, Ibrahim Ferrer, Inti Illimani, Caetano Veloso, Lila Downs, Monchy y Alexandra, Omara Portuondo, Mariana Montalvo...)
- Baroque music from the Italian 17th century (tarentellas and viola de gamba...)
- reggae, ragga music and dancehall (Patrice, Admiral T, Bounty Killer, etc.)
- fado (Mariza !...), Waldemar Bastos (Angola), Omar Pene (Senegal)
- metal (Alice Cooper, Dr Feelgood, Marilyn Manson...)
- Celtic - especially Irish - music (David Spillane, Alan Stivell, Liam O'Flynn, Frances Black)
- flamenco, Kate Bush, rock'n'roll, classical music (Tchaikovski, Saint-Saens, Schnittke, Hindemith...), all jazz, blues (just listen to the Canadian Son of Dave !), gypsy Balkan music - wow, too long to list everything... almost all kinds.
About films :
"2046" by Wong Kar-Wai (this film is a poem), "Good men, good women", "Cafe Lumiere" by Hou Hsiao Hsien (all films by Hou Hsiao Hsien), Chinese, HK and Taiwanese directors (Ang Lee, Wong Kar-Wai, Dai Sijie, Edward Yang, Liu Hao, Zhang Yimou, Jia Zhangke, Wang Quan'an...), Japanese (Ozu), Korean (Hong Sang-Soo), Vietnamese...
And of course every good film from all over the world, such as : films by Pedro Almodovar (Spain), Emir Kusturica (Balkans), Lucrecia Martel (Argentina), Hitchcock (Ah ! "Rebecca"...), Julio Medem (Spain), "Viva la libertà" by Roberto Andò , "Children of Paradise" by Marcel Carné (the most beautiful film ever directed)...
And a series : Metrosexuality! (UK, by Rikki Beadle Blair) Oh, just discover the awesome, nearly classical "Doctor Who" !!! and Weeds (even if I don't like smoking), the Danish "Borgen" (on politics) or the British, historical "Downton Abbey", and the harsh but great "Hatufim" (I have not seen the Americam version "Homeland"; after the Israeli series, I thought it might be difficult not to compare)
And of course, "Queer as folk" (for "there's nought so queer as folk" ;)
And, briefly, about books (I read a lot too, but it must be soporific now):
Amelie Nothomb (Belgium) ; "Memoirs of Hadrian" by Marguerite Yourcenar; "She came to stay" ("L'invitée") by Simone de Beauvoir (France) ; "Grass pillow" by Soseki (a beautiful novel about poetry, art and creation by a Japanese master), "Jane Eyre" by Charlotte Brontë (England)...
Ok, let's end it up face to face... and please make me discover new ones !
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
* Bathe in a guelta in the Sahara - a tiny natural pool, a waterhole in the desert - in a region with an annual rainfall of about 60 mm a year; and with a catholic priest who could play the bombardon !
* Risk my life while riding my bicycle in the terrible traffic of Guangzhou, between insane drivers, buses and bicyles coming in the opposite way but on the same side of the road - what an aventure every time !
* Make Chinese students dance a traditional Breton dance in a classroom at university where I was teaching French
Teach, Learn, Share
What can I teach ? How to make a great piperade (Basque country) or a croquembouche (French wedding pastry), maybe... For those fond of geology, I can create a whole delicious terrane in nougatine and biscuit !
For people fond of dancing, I can teach some basics of rock'n'roll, waltz, salsa, bachata and a lot of other couple dances...
I have also been said and proved to be a good teacher in many things; patient enough, I suppose: sciences, languages, anything I may know.
Oh, I am eager to learn knitting and real sewing. This way I would be "ready to be married" as a friend of mine says !
Countries I’ve Visited
Belgium, Czech Republic, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Macao, Mauritania, Morocco, Netherlands, Senegal, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom
Countries I’ve Lived In
Canada, China, France, Germany, Mauritania