Not Accepting Guests
- Last login 6 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Dani’s full profile. It’s free!
I'm always learning and collecting knowledge and skills. I like languages and anything with grammar in it (e.g. music), because analyzing the world is a never-ending challenge.
In July 2015 I left my computer programmer job in Jakarta and started travelling around the world to learn local languages and to learn musical instruments. I don't regret! ID→HK→ZH→JP→TR→BG→AL→GR. Until December 2016!
I work with computers but I don't like too much technology. I enjoy life more by not having a smartphone, Facebook or Twitter. I prefer to have real interaction with people, and learn and teach. I like long discussions on any topic! but I am bored with smalltalk. I'm INTP personality profile. I don't smoke.
My personal mission in life is: to motivate people to make learning and moral values mainstream.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
I want to meet great people and share knowledge. I'm not in for tourism. What I look for is people with passion for many ideas and projects, with unending knowledge, because that's what I want to be too.
Now: languages, learning to play musical instruments.
In general, I like education (teaching/learning) and problem-solving (analysis).
- I like projects that create a sense of ethics in the individual, e.g. esperanto (a more-neutral-than-average global easy language), GNU/FSF/GPL „free software“ (programs that still belong to you after you install them)
- I like to understand how companies work: business models, valuation, investment, … I started a company in Indonesia and was CTO for 3 years
- I really like to customize the way I use my computer: keys, keyboards, colors, programs, …
- I'm interested in exploring and helping solve complex problems like air pollution
- Analyzing everything; philosophing
Music, Movies, and Books
Music: traditional music from Albania (you should listen to Radio Emigranti), traditional music from Latvia (you should listen to Radio Oira), instrumental compositions (Mike Oldfield, Tangerine Dream, Kitaro), more that I still haven't discovered
Movies: no favorites yet, but I liked: Latcho drom, Mondo, Samsara, 12 angry men, Brazil, The big Lebowski, Citizen Kane, Delicatessen, Life of Brian, Amélie, Time bandits, Иван Васильевич меняет профессию, …
Books: recently it has been only technical books
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
I resigned from a job because I needed a bit of adventure: for 3 weeks I travelled alone with backpack and tent, and I learnt Polish, I went to an Esperanto congress and to a juggling convention.
Teach, Learn, Share
- I'll actively teach you the language you want, step by step; until you tell me stop! Fluent: es,ca,eo,id,en,sq. Medium: fr,de,ru,tr.
- Could you teach me to play a musical instrument? I'm always studying theory but I need practice. Classical guitar, your traditional instruments, flutes, piano, anything.
- I like juggling! I'm learning 7 balls and 5 clubs. You can learn to juggle 3 balls/clubs in 2 days too
- I can show you strange programming tools or GNU/Linux system administration and many hardware+software customizations. And many tools to analyze my life
- With your help, I'll try to learn your local language. Really! I already learnt many local languages in Indonesia.
What I Can Share with Hosts
- Teaching lots of things. I really like teaching, and that's what I have to offer, so you should request lots of things from me non-stop; I won't be bored and I won't ask anything in return
- Speaking in foreign languages, and learning together (no problem if we're beginners)
- Speaking about projects, specially about Internet/IT projects. We can share an office too and just work on the things we like
- Philosophy and long discussions, long walks too if there's clean air to breathe
- Sharing some costs (e.g. food, petrol), so that the host doesn't have to spend extra money. CouchSurfing is not about making a monetary profit but I don't want the host to make a loss either
My cooking is very simple and I cannot recreate any traditional dishes, but we can try it too.
Countries I’ve Visited
Albania, Bulgaria, Cambodia, China, Gambia, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Latvia, Malaysia, Philippines, Poland, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey
Countries I’ve Lived In
Albania, Germany, Indonesia, Latvia, Spain