Not Accepting Guests
- 60% response rate
- Last login 8 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see dave0012’s full profile. It’s free!
Meet new people around the world
Ooohhh... what to say?
I'm nice, funny, shy, educate and very respectful.
I'm a Computer Engineerin' postdoctoral researcher at the Princess Margaret Cancer Centre (University of Toronto). I've played guitar in a noise-rock band (something like Sonic Youth... or we try) and drums in a friendly Italian cover songs group.
As sports I love surf and snowboard, and runnin' and goin' by bike near the sea.
In Toronto, I play beach volleyball and ice skating.
I was also into voluntary work for the Genoa section of an association for the support of disabled peoples ill of muscular dystrophy ( http://www.uildmge.it ).
Then I participated into Milan volunteerin' with SorriMi ( http://www.sorridimi.it ) association in the next months.
Here in Toronto I volunteered at events to raise money for cancer research (CIBC Run for Cure, UHN Run or Walk, etc.)
Live each day as if it were the last.
Live every person as if you'd never met him/her again.
Respect other people as you'd like to be respected by them.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I've subscribed mainly to travel the world and meet new friends!
Excellent! I hosted and got hosted few times, and all of them were great.
And tens of couchsurfing meetings in Genoa, Milan, Toronto.
Rock music, concerts, arts, poetry, surf, snowboard, volunteerin', beach volleyball, Italian soccer, ice skating, krav maga
- rock music
Music, Movies, and Books
- Nivana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Alice In Chains, Screaming Trees, Mojave 3, Belle And Sebastian, Vanessa Van Basten, Delgados, Slowdive, Mark Lanegan...
- Kill Bill, Pulp Fiction, All About My Mother, American Beauty, Muloholland Drive...
- "Free to choose" by Milton Friedman
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
During 2006 summer I met my class-mate Save surfin' on the waves of San Sebastian (Spain).
We didn't know each other was goin' to surf in Spain, then one afternoon I was waitin' for waves in the water and saw a guy who was lookin' like him and thought: „He looks like Save„, then he saw me and started to laugh...
Then a 3-meters wave swallowed us ^_^
Teach, Learn, Share
I could teach you:
- how to play guitar or a little of drums
- how to surf the waves or the snow
- how to use bioinformatics tools or implement a bioinformatics algorithm
- how to assist disabled persons in volunteerin'
- how to build a society based on freedom and free markets
- how to practice yoga
- how to self-defence from an aggression through krav maga
I'd love to learn:
- everything I'm not able to!
What I Can Share with Hosts
I can share my vision of the world
Countries I’ve Visited
Austria, Belgium, Canada, Croatia, France, Germany, Greece, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In
Canada, Italy, United States