Wants to Meet Up
- Last login 3 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Hang’s full profile. It’s free!
To go, to see, to feel, to learn, to absorb, to live
A friend once asked me where I would see myself in 10 years' time. It took me some minutes to ponder on the question. It isn't because I don't know what to do with my life. It's more to do with how to get things done the way I want and where to get inspirations to realize my plans. At this point, I often find myself so lost and incapable. So... reaching out to people, learning from their life experiences and lessons, trying to get inspired by the smallest bits of the surrounding world, keeping myself awake for my little dreams... are hopefully the ways that get me to where I would like to be not just in 10 years' time.
Sad though it may look, this world is still such a beautiful place to live in.
I always believe that happiness is here, within and created by ourselves when we are filled with rewarding first-hand experiences and precious memories. The magic of adventures is that they enable us to live beyond the boundary of this one limited life by crushing our prejudices, expanding our horizons, enriching and colouring our inner world with the subtlest hues of human emotions, something that can be by no means obtained by any material stuff.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
From a friend whose travel and living experience has been a great source of inspiration to me
I have had several guests and will be welcoming some more. They are all nice and the time spent with them is totally worth it. While I haven't afforded to go to as many places in the world as I want, spending time in person with my guests is like bringing pieces of the world to me.
Traveling, books, writing, music, having deep/amusing conversations, nature and quietness, doing handicrafts, planting trees, watching stars, pets, everything that's cute and heart-warming, collecting stamps... to name a few
- scuba diving
Music, Movies, and Books
- Jazz, Classical, Reggae, Country, R'n'B, a bit of Pop and Rock
- Movies: almost all genres, but I am not much into Sci-fi and fantasy. Dancer in the Dark, Stepmom, Scent of a Woman, Artificial Intelligence, Schindler's List, The Pianist... to name a few
- Books: novels, biography, autobiography, essays, poetry. Authors: Kazuo Ishiguro, Haruki Murakami, Konstantin Georgiyevich Paustovsky, Thach Lam, Bronte Sisters, Victor Hugo, Alphonse Daudet...
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- Doing a cliff diving in Boracay while I can't swim at all
- Watching sunrise from Shwesandaw Phaya in the ancient town of Bagan, Myanmar
- Watching sunrise from Mount Batur - an active volcano in Bali
- Waving Vietnamese National Flag on the summit of Fansipan - the highest peak of Indochina
- Riding motorbike on O Quy Ho and Ma Pi Leng Pass and having a panorama view of Vietnam's most spectacular mountains
- Contemplating in the middle of the jungle of ancient temples and towers in Angkor
- Absorbing the peaceful quietness and sleepiness of the ancient town of Hoi An
... and so much more
Teach, Learn, Share
What I can teach? Everything I know I guess - my native language, traditions and culture, my knowledge, experiences, stories...
I expect to learn everything that you can offer also.
Is that what sharing is about? :)
What I Can Share with Hosts
Offer not just my couch but also my little experiences of the world. And I look forward to your sharing in the similar way
Countries I’ve Visited
Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, China, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Thailand
Countries I’ve Lived In