Not Accepting Guests
- Last login about 1 year ago
Join Couchsurfing to see DONIBANE64’s full profile. It’s free!
Keep live alive
Back from a whole year spent in Canada throught a professional exchange, i'm back home and willing to meet again some new and nice people by hosting.
I'm a quiet and curious person, will be happy to host english/spanish/french speaking people when possible, also other people with other languages but we all know that it's more difficult if communication isn't possible ;-)
Happy to meet you :-)
Your Personality is Somewhat Rare (ISFP)
Your personality type is caring, peaceful, artistic, and calm.
Only about 7% of all people have your personality, including 8% of all women and 6% of all men
You are Introverted, Sensing, Feeling, and Perceiving.
How Rare Is Your Personality?
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I used to host several people 3 years ago and also tried as guest a few times.
I've met CS on summer 08 on august and began to host on september, always good experiences and very interesting people. As i'm going to travel abroad, i think it's time to experiment CS as a guest :)
CS experiences as host:
- Sept 08 : Sarah and Lisa from Germany, my first experience on CS and their first too !! It was short but i met 2 very smiling and open girls
- oct 08 : Magdalena, her brother Marek and his Gf Kasia, one of her friend Angelika : back from their spanish trip, they stay for a night after the former one in madrid where they had to stay sleeping in the car, no news form their hosting CS
- Oct 08 : Nigel, biker from England, riding his antique "Velocette" from 1953, a real great figure, who arrived out of gasoline in st jean and was a point of interest on st jean harbour with his great bike :)
- march 09 : Mitsu from Japan, a very special person who amazed me with his cooking skills and was a very smily guy
- june 09 : Elodie from France, a very brave and adventurous small girl, i hosted her at the end of her 4th diving degree and the exams session, in which she succeeded ! :)
- june 09 : Emily from USA, a very quiet, kind and easy-going person, too bad i'm not at the top in american comprehension cuz i felt a very strong sense of humor in her
- july 09 : Laure-Anne and her two friends Philomène and Perrine from France, on their way to Spain, it was a pleasure to meet these smiling girls after their long route through France from north to far south west :)
- sept : 09 : Leszek from Warsaw, Poland, stayed about 24 hours with me, between his trains from Switzerland to Portugal. Very nice and curious guy, he made me know a funny actress of his country :)
CS experiences as guest :
- august 09 : Maiu, in Tallinn, Estonia. Too bad she was busy with her work we managed to find some moments on evening to have interesting talks, specially about her crazy trails through rocky mountains. Despite she looks very discreet, she has a lot to tell about :)
- august 09 : Jenni, in Helsinki, Finland. Quiet and funny girl, fond of nature and hiking, we had funny and talking moments through the city and around a good evening meal without any meat :) Some words she said that i liked a lot : " i only eat happy meat", meaning reindeer ;) Interesting to meditate about, when thinking about some industrial chickens, pigs or beefs...Besides, i decided to apply this principle more accurately :)
to be continued ... :)
I also would like to apologize to all the persons that i couldn't host when they contacted me. I move a lot on week ends and it's often not possible. I also have some hectic periods at work, then it's more difficult for me to share time with my hosts, and i don't want to host just for the couch, also sharing talks and moments :)
NEW : Where this page's visitors come from ?
Photography : a true passion since i bought my first numeric camera in 2005
My photo internet site, still under construction :
Nature, hiking, photo : 3 individed things that represent my main outdoor activities
Travelling : often through Europe, as i can and when money enough :) I just spent a whole year in Quebec and took advantage to visit many parts of the region and also places like Toronto, Niagara falls, Boston, New York, Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine. So many fantastic places !
Cooking (when motivation is here ;)...
Internet : wich is a real daily tool for many things in my life
Learning languages : I learn spanish since last september and would like to perfect my english too.
Reading and music, see below for more
- outdoor activities
- scuba diving
Music, Movies, and Books
Current music : very eclectic tastes, electro-ambiant music, folk, blues, etc... Three discoveries of my canadian year : Emily-Claire BARLOW, Laura VEIRS and Agnes OBEL.
Last Books I liked : Sukkvan Island (David VANN) and Himnaríki og helvíti ("Entre Ciel et Terre" Jon Kalman STEFANSSON)
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
I just hope the best is still for coming ;-)
I try to be receptive as much as possible and find amazing things everyday as i can notice them...
Teach, Learn, Share
I already teach all day long to my pupils (anyway, i try :) but would be happy to exchange any subjects of discussion with you, including photo, travels, sense of life, and also pieces of each other languages...
Would be happy to host spanish speaking people as i learn spanish for one year and a half and need to talk ;-))
Countries I’ve Visited
Austria, Canada, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Portugal, Romania, Réunion, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In