Wants to Meet Up
- Last login 5 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Elsje’s full profile. It’s free!
COUCHSURFING KEEPS MY HEART BEATING !!!
Hi ... this is difficult !
Ok then, what friends tell me: I am friendly, try to have fun every day, I enjoy my job and like to travel. reading books inbetween. my teenage-daughters follow me in these attitudes .. so we are three of us !
More info, or you want to chat with me? Add me on FB (but mention that you found my name on COUCHSURFING) :
Elsje MulierMaak je eigen badge
after being seriously ill recently .... CARPE DIEM !
So now I'm trying sending SMILES all over the world !!
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
My goal is to meet very interesting people, who have something to tell about life, culture, travel, etc ..
When travelling, I'm very fond of insider tips from locals. In my home town I share this attitude with my surfers.
It is just awesome! Until now we had very positive experiences with Couchsurfers, both as host and as surfer!We want more ... !
BELGIAN NATIONAL TELEVISION MADE A REPORT ABOUT COUCHSURFING IN BRUGGE - I participated with 2 Greek couchsurfers - watch our tv-performance :
learning to salsa, books, movies, travelling, guiding people in Brugge, caipirinha, mojito, french fries with mayonnaise (of course!), martini bianco, collecting shot glasses from Hard Rock cafés all over the world, having fun, organizing parties/meetings, meeting all kind of people from abroad (age, sexe, origin .... not important)
What I hate ? Coriander (no me gusto cilantro por los espanoles!), lamb, spicy food and people who are not honest and have no respect for whatever/whoever ....
- performing arts
Music, Movies, and Books
sometimes romantic, sometimes action ... depends on how I get up in the morning .. hi hi!
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
* Organizing a Couchsurfing Wedding proposal from a Turkish CS to his girlfriend on a boattrip in Brugge with lots of CS and tourists ... Romantic !! She said YES !
* Thailand, Dec 25th 2004, we were there when the Tsunami hit, but fortunately we were on Koh Samui(although family at home was in big panic)
* Visiting the Great Wall in Winter before 6am (not open for visitors yet - the whole wall was JUST FOR ME !!
* Olaf and I having a romantic weekend in an iglu (Switzerland)
* Off-Road Tour in Maroc for 1 week - driving 800 km in Atlas & Sahara, of which 200 km where the original Paris-Dakar route !
* Getting attacked by a seal in the dark in Capetown (I thought it was the last minute in my life) - Ask me for more details about this story !!
* In Angkor Watt (Cambodia) a young buddhist priest asking for my e-mail address
* In China a Hotel Manager offered me to participate for a photo-shoot for the new Hotel Website (I'm IN now!!)
* Olaf and I driving off-road for 750 km in Russia
* Visiting Santaclaus in Rovaniemi (Lapland)
* Participating as Extra in the movie/film scene for movies or commercials
* Buick Cabrio 1959 in Havana, Cuba my taxi to the airport - leaving in style .... hihi ....
* On Boracay (Philippines) participating at a CS-beachwedding with 8 different nationalities ! Awesome !
* Hosted a camerateam from Ukraine national television & being interviewed for making a movie about the hospitality of couchsurfers in Europa : Bezumnij Avtostop.
* Belgian National Television made a report about Couchsurfing and interviewed me and my Greek Couchsurfers Maria & Ionna at my home & during my guiding tour in Brugge.
* Utmost hightlight in my life : Machu Picchu in Peru.
Teach, Learn, Share
Do what you have to do until you can do what you want to
If you don't live for something you'll die for nothing
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
If there are no ups and downs in your life, it means you are dead.
Live your life like a butterfly - take a rest now and then but never forget to fly !
Stupid people are looking for excuses - clever people find solutions !
God made Heaven and Earth, and all the rest was made in China...
Don't take life too seriously. No one gets out alive, anyways.
If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.
The greatest gift you can give to someone is your time. Because when you give your time, you are giving a portion of your life that you will never get back.
Only dead fishes swim with the stream !
Whatever you give a woman, she will make greater, give her sperm she will make a baby, give her a house she will give you a home, give her groceries she will give you a meal, give her a smile she will give you her heart. She multiplies and enlarges what she is given. So if you give her any crap, be ready to receive a ton of shit... ;p
It takes years to build trust, and just a few seconds to destroy it !
if you cant have the best, make the best of what you have.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow and leave no time for regret.
Always remember, people are sent into and out of your life for a good reason !!
Be who you are and say what you mean, because those that matter don't mind; and those that mind- don't matter!
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” - Mark Twain
if you need a friend (text me) need a laugh (call me) need a hug (stop by) need money (this address is no longer in service) ... hi hi !
Countries I’ve Visited
Argentina, Austria, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cambodia, Chile, China, Croatia, Cuba, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Laos, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russian Federation, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, United Kingdom, Vatican City State, Viet Nam
Countries I’ve Lived In