Maybe Accepting Guests
- Last login about 2 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Eric’s full profile. It’s free!
What do we do tonight, Brain? The same thing we do every night. Plan to save the world!!! bwahahahaha!!!
1) I really feel like I was put on this Earth to do something important. I just have no goddamn clue what it is.
3) I always land on my feet. You could drop me in the middle of the Sahara with an electric toothbrush and a copy of Long Days Journey into Night and three days later I'd be sipping tea in a cafe in Milan. I'm good like that.
10) What I do is more important that who I am.
14) Grey hair. I need more. I'm a little tired of looking like I'm twenty five. Everyone tells me how wonderful it is. It isn't.
15) For some reason, I still feel a pudgy ten year old. I have no idea why. Maybe I ate my inner child, and he's trying to get out.
17) Everything you ever need can be carried in a backpack, or doesn't need to be carried at all.
20) I'm really looking forward to being a crotchedy old man. I want to say 'when I was your age' more often. I'll be the kooky old grandpa that everyone in the family smiles and nods when I tell the absurd and highly unlikely stories of my youth.
22) I talked to the Universe once. Just once. I was meditating, and I I reached the most blissful, enlightened state I have ever achieved. I asked it what I should do with my life. It said 'Get over yourself'. I was bitch-slapped by the Universe.
23) I think constantly about women, memory, experience and freedom. And coffee.
24) Teaching is one of the most important things you can do. I used to be a good teacher. I'll be one again, hopefully.
25) If you stay quiet enough, you can hear the music all around you. Inside you. I'm listening.
I started out life as a dreamer. Then i became a priest. Then I was a writer. Then I became a teacher. Then I was a doctor. Now I'm back to being a dreamer again.
I work as an ER doctor a week a month, I'm trying to be a writer again sometimes. Mostly I travel and goof around.
I've been backpacking my entire life, lived in Israel, Mexico, France, Japan, Korea and all over the states, and now I'm trying to merge it with my career.
When I'm in country I like to meet funky folks and do funky things. Adventures. Not much into the tourist stuff, although that's fun every once in awhile. I like meeting people, experiencing new food and drink and lifestyles.
I've been very fortunate, so I also like to help out.
If you host me, I can entertain you with stories, look at your rashes, and give you travel advice
Experiences and friendships are more important than stuff, passport stamps or photos.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
If you're coming into town, I can show you around. If I'm new in town, you can show me around.
I participate in many CS outings/gatherings.
I'm on the road most of the summer but can start hosting again in August
Emergency Medicine/Pediatrics/Critical Care/Ultrasound
Writing (science fiction, creative nonfiction, poetry)
History of Medicine
Learning new cultures
- film making
Music, Movies, and Books
Music: live jazz, classic/alternative rock, folk
Books: Hunter S Thompson, Neil Gaiman, Arthur Clarke, Hippocrates of Kos, you name it
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Saw Angkor Wat alone, in the predawn light
Saved a young mother's life - one less orphan every Christmas
Sunrise over Mount Zion
Published a book in Korea
Officiated a wedding ceremony
Produced a film that went to the Cannes film festival
Got arrested for espionage in Israel
Gave up the cushy job to chase the dream
Teach, Learn, Share
I can teach:
Jujutsu (black belt's a little rusty)
I want to learn:
Everything but especially new languages/cultures
New ways to help
What I Can Share with Hosts
Travel tips - I'm a 17th level Backpacking Guru
Coffee. Always coffee
Countries I’ve Visited
Countries I’ve Lived In