Not Accepting Guests
- 82% response rate
- Last login about 6 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Fiona’s full profile. It’s free!
Find a way to combine my new job with my exciting life :)
About myself..pff.. without being too cliche...hmmFiona, 27 years old, I've studied History. I could describe myself as enthusiastic, curious, creative, spontaneous and maybe even adventurous. Usually you could recognize me by my vivid coloured clothes and sometimes bare feet. I enjoy travelling, especially hitchhiking. I enjoy music, parties, festivals, theater, art, dancing, reading, writing, photography, films and meeting new people. And somehow I just happen to find a lot of stuff in the street and on the train (varying from lamps to jewelry, from books to toys and from cell phones to bouquets).Sometimes I feel like I was born too late. I love the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s, and I like to collect retro and vintage objects and clothes. Something like this?..
Everything I want to write here is gonna sound too cheesy.
Sometimes it's hard to find a good balance between being happy and grateful for what you have, and staying aware of the things that you'd like to change. Both are important.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
Until now I've hosted couchsurfers quite some times, and I've surfed some couches here and there. I think the whole CS concept is brilliant! Come on people, stay at my place! And I hope to see a lot of couches abroad:)
- Julie & Matthias in Berlin, with Elger
- Loesje & Kaska in Antwerp, with Maciek
- Oksana & Nathan in Baarn, with Lara (for reference see Lara's profile)
- Mehdi in Den Haag
- Albert in Den Haag
- Leopold in Berlin, with Maciek
- Karl in San Francisco, with Goenav, Willemijn & Martin
- Helen in Cerritos - Los Angeles, with Goenav, Willemijn & Martin
- Tomi in Skopje
- Bashkim in Zagreb
- Magda & Garrett in Prague
- Sassa in Berlin, with Albert
- Panagiotis in Delft
- Aura in Barcelona, with Albert (although we didn't find our host through CS)
- Sam in Sai Gon, with Albert
- Binh in Da Lat, with Albert
- Hoa in Quy Nhon, with Albert
- Caro & Alejo in Ha Long, with Albert
- Dien in Ha Noi, with Albert
- Sunna in Berlin
- Bráulio in Porto, with Albert
- Jutta from Germany
- Mareike from Germany & Ronald from the Netherlands
- Julie from Belgium & Lucy from the U.K.
- Christina from Canada, Eugene from the Netherlands and their 17 month old daughter Cecil.
- Mira from Germany.
- Abby and Tim from Australia for dinner.
- Sjoerd from the Netherlands.
- Franziska from Germany.
- Tobias and Sina from Germany
- Jehki from Finland
- Margot from The Netherlands
- Chiara from Italy and Maria from Malta
- Jake and Ben from the USA
- Cagri from Turkey
- Alberto and Daniele from Italy
- Karl from the USA
- Saana and Valtteri from Finland
- Herve from France
- Yaniv and Nadav from Israel
- Addie from Mexico
- Panagiotis from Greece
- Ida from Sweden
- Dashon from the USA
- Rafael from Argentina
- Ira from Canada
- Laura & Arno from France
- Melissa from NL, no CS but just a random hitchhiker :)
- Franck from Cameroon (just for dinner)
- Nitin from India
- Ilya and Polina from Russia
- Alina from Germany
- Sylwia and Renata from Poland
- Lena from Germany
- Natalia from Poland
- Hany from Egypt
- Marcello from everywhere
- Olivia from the UK
Just meeting up with CSers for a drink.
3 CS-meetings and a CS-party in Leeuwarden.
3 CS-meetings in Groningen.
2 CS-meetings in Berlin
several CS-thingies in The Hague.
philosophy (Eastern & Western),
parties & festivals,
- board games
Music, Movies, and Books
Movies: Waking Life, Enter the Void, Into the Wild, Hair, Amelie Poulain, Das Leben der Anderen, Zusje, Pulp Fiction, The Blues Brothers, Fight Club, La Grande Seduction, Roman Holiday, Juno, Milk, Slumdog Millionaire, Yellow Submarine, Simon, Snatch, Intouchables, Before Sunset and many many more...
Series: Rick and Morty, Suits, Mr. Robot, Black Mirror, Vikings, Game of Thrones, Jane the Virgin, Breaking Bad, Orange Is The New Black etc etc
Music: 60s, 70s, 80s pop, Rock, Drum 'n Bass, Electro, Electro Swing, Techno, Reggae, Dancehall, Ska, Indie, Jazz, Rai, Balkan, Klezmer, Funk, Soul, Motown, different types of African music, some Psy Trance, and a lot more..
Books: Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, On the Road, Women Who Run with Wolves, No One Gets Out Alive, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time, The Unbearable Lightness of Being, Cloud Atlas, La Mujer Habitada/The Inhabited Woman, and many more.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
InterRailing for one month through Europe 2008
Spending 5 months living in Berlin 2009
Boom Festival 2014.
Travelling through Asia for 6 months 2014-2015
Albert and I taught ourselves how to drive manual motorcycles and drove through Vietnam and Laos 2015
Hitchhiking for well over 10.000km :) 2009-present
Teach, Learn, Share
I can teach you how to hula hoop, and as a tour guide I can teach you about my city's history and current events.
You can teach me your language and your cuisine.
We could discuss philosophy, history, music, politics, your mom's health etc. etc. We can share our stories and our wine/shisha/you name it ;)
Countries I’ve Visited
Belgium, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Croatia, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Italy, Laos, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Monaco, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Spain, Switzerland, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States, Vatican City State, Viet Nam
Countries I’ve Lived In