- 96% response rate
- Last login about 9 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Gabriele’s full profile.
Living in the city center with Giulia (violinist)and Paolo (bartender)!
I’m working during the week so I prefer hosting in the weekend basically but a good introduction and message could change my mind :)
I’ve a teenager soul in a old body! (I’m joking)
“Just random matter suspended in the dark
I hate to say it, but each other's all we got” - F.J.M.
Learning as most as possible from everyone
Hosting people for me is necessary, I need to know different cultures, I need to feel myself in something bigger than our local world. Is not just an help but sharing a piece of life to grow up together. I'm a simple person but so complex for my simplicity.
Ron Swanson + Jack Donaghy + Quimby + Ricky Gervais = me!
Music Festivals are my philosophy:
- Club to Club every year since 2008 (Turin)
- Rock en Seine 2010, 2014 (Paris)
- Main Square Festival 2011 (Arras)
- Sea of Love 2011 (Freiburg)
- Gurten Festival 2011 (Bern)
- Vina Rock 2012 (Albacete)
- Open'er festival 2012 (Gdnya)
- Optimus Alive 2012 (Lisbon)
- Frequency Festival 2012 (St. Polten)
- Rock Werchter 2013 (Leuven)
- Dour Festival 2015 (Dour)
- Primavera Sound 2016 (Barcelona)
- Interval Festival 2016 (Cluj)
- Field Day 2017 (London)
- Forbidden Fruit 2017 (Dublin)
- We Love Green 2017 (Paris)
- Terraforma 2017, 2018 (Bollate)
- Dekmantel 2017 (Amsterdam)
- Unsound 2017 (Krakow)
- Lunchmeat 2017 (Prague)
- Listen Festival 2018 (Bruxelles)
- DGTL 2018 (Amsterdam)
- Nuits Sonores 2018 (Lyon)
- Under Festival 2018 (Riga)
- Le Bon Air Festival 2018 (Marseille)
- Creepy Teepee festival 2018 (Kutna Hora)
- Next Avandec Music Festival 2018 (Bratislava)
- Revive Festival 2019 (Warsaw)
- Ortigia soundsystem festival 2019 (Siracusa)
- Boiler Room festival 2019 (London)
- Desonanz 2019 (Skopje)
- Positive Education 2019 (Saint-Étienne)
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
Hosting means loving means sharing means growing means enjoying!
- music festivals
- urban exploration
- learning languages
- sharing stories
- independent cinema
- alternative lifestyles
- writing poetry
Music, Movies, and Books
Movies: Mullholland drive, Citizen's Kane, Manhattan, Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind, Lost in translation, Closer, Nightmare before christmas, Broken flowers, Melancolia, Three of life, A bout de souffle, Bande a part, Le conseguenze dell'amore, It's a wonderful life, Bringing up baby, Vertigo, Barry Lyndon.
Music: Radiohead, Arcade fire, The National, Tame Impala, Blur, Massive Attack, Dj Shadows, Depeche mode, Otis Redding, Theo Parrish, Dj Dilla, David Bowie, Aphex Twin, Fort Tet, Stevie Wonder, Sam Cooke, Bon Iver, John Coltrane, Chinese Man, Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, Marvin Gaye, The Beatles, Nick Cave, Tom Waits.
Teach, Learn, Share
"There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign" - R.L.S.
"In a house which becomes a home,
one hands down and another takes up
the heritage of mind and heart,
laughter and tears, musings and deeds.
Love, like a carefully loaded ship,
crosses the gulf between the generations.
Therefore, we do not neglect the ceremonies
of our passage: when we wed, when we die,
and when we are blessed with a child;
When we depart and when we return;
When we plant and when we harvest.
Let us bring up our children. It is not
the place of some official to hand to them
If others impart to our children our knowledge
and ideals, they will lose all of us that is
wordless and full of wonder.
Let us build memories in our children,
lest they drag out joyless lives,
lest they allow treasures to be lost because
they have not been given the keys.
We live, not by things, but by the meanings
of things. It is needful to transmit the passwords
from generation to generation"
Countries I’ve Visited
Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Egypt, Estonia, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Vatican City State
Countries I’ve Lived In