Maybe Accepting Guests
- 100% response rate
- Last login about 7 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Gejza’s full profile.
Explore, find, give, love, share, understand, forgive, enjoy and save ... (hmm, not sure what though :)))
I am born adventurer, empatic, cheer, communicative ... otherwise quite normal, friendly and open to any silly ideas and activities...hm .. what else to say ?
Do not pass your dreams and plans for future...live now and fully.. but not on expense of others including all creatures in this muddy ball...
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I practiced couchsurfing before in past without knowing about it ... the net made it work worldwide...My first (negative) experience was when I searched for host in Mauritius. The guy with 200 positive references promised heaven (beach parties, fun, food) and ... a week before our arrival stopped to communicate ! In this way (through own "skin" and experience ) I have learnt :
* the good communication is the base of success. Use all channels (web, Fb, Whatssup, Viber, Skype, mail, phone ) to inform your host about your position - location, situation, arrival place and time !!!
** If you are late, delayed or if you changed your mind (e.g. found another host...) - play fair game and nicely inform your host, it is advisable to meet them even if you stay in other place...
*** read the whole profile (all sections) of your host and references - inform your travel companion about the hosting conditions (what to expect...)
**** Try to host yourself and properly fill your profile (good photo to recognize you is the very base - leave the artistic ones to your photobook in your Photos or your social networks profiles
***** Write a good requests and feedback /reviews : It is not about free bed but meeting people and sharing what is worth to share, let it be just a smile, a landscape sight or fun ...my recent experience just confirmed it. I have met really great guys through CS and in several occasions even get hosted by my surfers... I tried to organise trainings, gatherings, events.
After two "cases" (of 150 guests or so...) I would like to "warn" my guests : Read please particularly the section "My Home" and inform your companion (friends, wife, mother-in-law, etc.). The conditions in the forest are not for everyone..if you are scared of darkness, animals, lack of wifi and mobile network, dry toilet in the woods, or me in Dracula costume :)) do not request "my couch" ... consider twice or ask about conditions before I buy food for you, take you there by car and re-arrange my time for you ... I always look forward to have good time with my guests.. but I am neither Salvation Army nor Santa Claus... so treat me accordingly :)) I really seek for and enjoy close communication with all without reserve. Most memorable stay... in Reunion and Madagascar in 2013.. wanna go back soon.. So far I hosted more than 150 people of all races, religions, ways of life and dreams. Many of them were on the way around the globe (with 100 dollar budget to 30k). Currently I am trying to "balance" the hosting and surfing just to find that "surfing" is "different beast"... I am surprised of people who fill their profile, want to travel, share and make friends ...and have 0 or bellow 50% response rate, fortunately out there are always great people who often save your ass :)) e.g when you miss your flight or train in the middle of the night...
CS FRIENDS :
Due to the numerous requests from around the world I would like to state :
* I love, support my CS friends and help them whenever and whatever possible, I appreciate their frienfdship and support too. In order to be able to do that we need to meet as person.
** I add my CS friends when : I host them and we both mutually enjoy their stay with me as memorable experience :)))
*** I was hosted by them and they offered me friendship or I felt as the "long lost son" while staying with them and kindly require them to add me as "CS friend"
**** I met other CS members while travelling and we spent some great time together (in the wilderness, in the party, in the pub or any cultural event)
***** To sum it up : I propose or accept CS friends only after meeting them... in case that you plan to visit Kosice or me we can of course talk and communicate for hours or year round, but to know you better I need to meet you :))) Thanks for kind understanding ... enjoy CS :))
COUCH REQUESTS :
If you directly ask for couch please send some words why did you pick up me, what do you wanna do in the city or countryside of Kosice and a couple of words about yourself. Do not just copy-paste your profile or general search sentences used for all please...:-))
Once confirmed I do really care for my guests, so in case you can not arrive in agreed time or day or if you change your plans or mind, please let me know ( through mail, phone, fb, skype, shouting to the wind :)) Due to the distance of cottages from city centre I prefer if you manage to arrive before dark... e.g. before 18:00 in the summer or before 15:00 in the winter ! In case of emergency, (e.g. you stuck in railway - bus station or airport) however I can meet you anytime... Bikers welcome but you are supposed to be independent and ride to the cottages yourself. I can help hitchhikers as well ( take you to the right place to succeed) however that always cost me fuel and time - do not rely on it or try to compensate :). I really can not take every hitchhiker 3 times a week to right locations :)) ...
- I prefer not to host people with empty profiles, at least they should have a photo displayed in their profile to recognise them :)))
- I started to be curious how people who do not even reply to your request in the same time ask for 5 nights hosting elsewhere ... so unless my guest is a beginners in the CS community I decided to limit or refuse the hosting of people who has less than 50% response rate ... because once you are a host other time a surfer - we need efficient communication even to say "sorry no" :)) It is important especially when you are delayed at arrival... please be aware "no communication = no bed" :)))
- I make priority to people who host themselves - who are simply active in CS community and not just surf to save money while travelling the world or Europe .
- if you are in bad need, have problems or emergency do not hesitate to write or call, I will do my best to help you even if you do not need a couch.... :))
- FOR CS BEGINNERS : if you change your plan or mind or if you find a "more attractive host or comfortable place" let me honestly know in time please ... the "cheating", unfair communication will be "rewarded" with negative feedback :)
- If you send an initial request and than you neither confirm nor cancel your request I will most probably never again take you as serious surfer :)))
- Due to the forest stay I do not expect that you will cook for me, (although welcome that ). I try to make a first meal for you, on the other hand you are encouraged to make the second one or bring your unique products (wine, interesting food for share ) or make another meal
wilderness and its preservation, nature, animals, music, crafts, ... too much to do anything ...ehm.. properly..
Am an active amateur photographer who organises trainings, photo safaries, happenings and guitar player.
- adventure races
- rock climbing
Music, Movies, and Books
movies ? good ones ... those that enrich your soul, but occasionally also your eyes. Music : folk, Irish, country, rock, ethnic, all performed well... Books : Dick, Wyndham, Bradbury, Maupassant, ...
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Huh... too many (meeting a jaguar, swimming with piranhas and pink dolphins, dancing in Amantani island, petting a cayman, climbing Sajama, ... sleeping inside a tree, just sitting and watching the nature e.g. in Yosemity or Zion or Morondava with mouth forgotten open ...
Teach, Learn, Share
IMPORTANT ! COVID-19 related rules nad news :
As the pandemie situation changes from day to day, there are limits, rules, quarantiness and other restrictions when you visit Slovakia. If you arrive here from "green" (e.g. low spread or stabile) countries you do not need to be in 10-14 days quarantine however you have to cope and obey the valid national or regio bal/local disease prevention rules: wear the mask in inner areas (shops, transport, stations, restaurants), keep the 2 metres social distance, wash your hands properly (when in hotel or at your host), report ill /infected contacts (mates, relatives, friends). Avoid risky behaviour (share of waterpipe, drinks from same bootle/glass, coughing, sneezing without mask in crowd, etc...
As concerns my hosting "PLACE", thanks to unique location in the wild it is totally safe to stay there. In cases when both you my guest and me (as host) are for 100% healthy we may stay together there, if there is a risk, you will stay in cabin alone :)). We may cook together some food, sharing a bottle of wine paying attention to minimize the risks ...
If you arrive from "red zone" country you have to stay in 10-14 days quarantine : it means you have to stay at least first 4-5 days in forest cabin (I may bring there food, water whatever needed for you). You can not move to the city for bars, restuarants, fun! Than you have to take and get Covid-19 test (you may be asked by State Health Authority to pay for such a test = 70 EUR)! If you are not infected (after test or quarantine ) you are free to move around the country...
What I Can Share with Hosts
What I can teach and share with you : Native American beading, guitar playing, woodcraft and survival, tramping. mushrooming, conflict resolution, communication.
- if have time tour around the city
- beer / wine /local food tasting
- lend a bike or go for ride in the forest
- barbecue in the forest ( usually based on shared meals)
- music around campfire
- Internet access, copying, scanning (at home)
- help in case of emergency, bad need
- teach native American beading, mushrooming, woodcraft, tramping,
- canoeing in the lake, hiking around Kosice in parks
To avoid misunderstanding:
- I do not have any "rules" however the communication or lack of communications taught me : to answer every request (yes or no), announce changes, resolve problems, treat fairly everybody, be generous, helpful and friendly ... and I expect my guests to do the same ... :))
- If I have to go for you by car upon request (anywhere out of city) I kindly ask you to pay the fuel :)
- If going out of city we share the costs (fuel, meal, entrance fees, drinks, etc.)
When I take you to the the cottages from city and back by car usually I pay the fuel you bring the food.
- If I am busy you need to manage to get to cottages by walk, bike, public transport or own car
Countries I’ve Visited
Austria, Belgium, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, England, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malta, Mauritius, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Panama, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Réunion, San Marino, Scotland, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, Vatican City State, Wales
Countries I’ve Lived In