Maybe Accepting Guests
- 86% response rate
- Last login about 20 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Cynthia’s full profile.
1. Please read my profile carefully (especially the Part: Couchsurfing Experience), since I only accept personal requests. I know it's a lot of information, but who knows? I could be a serial killer and you wouldn't know, because you didn't read my profile. ;-)
2. Please: Don't request longer than two weeks ahead of your stay, since I can't guarantee I am around. :)
3. A full profile is a must to request a stay!
4. A personal request is a must and must include, why you chose me as a host and what we can learn from each other. I ain't no place to stay.. ;-)
Getting lost will help you find yourself...
I hate writing about myself. Not because I hate myself but because I can't find the words to describe all the contradictions I embody.
Perfect example: I am a half swiss half ecuadorian girl. My roots made a fun mix of cold, realistic and structured swiss thinking and open-minded, warm and cheerful latin personality.
I love sharing time with interesting people, getting inspired by their dreams, being touched by their stories, suddenly falling in love with their passions and what is more: exchanging our point of views to broaden each others minds.
This is your life. Do what you love, and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. If you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching TV. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop; they will be waiting for you when you start doing things you love. Stop over-analyzing; life is simple. All emotions are beautiful. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Travel often; getting lost will help you find yourself. Some opportunities only come once: seize them. Open your mind, arms, and heart to new things and people. We are united in our differences. Ask the next person you see what their passion is, and share your inspiring dream with them. Life is about the people you meet, and the things you create with them, so go out and start creating. Life is short. Live your dream, and wear your passion. (Holstee Manifesto)
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I hosted lots and lots of people. Always loved it and rather enjoy hosting than staying with somebody. Though I do love visiting CS-guests back at their home to see into their life's too!
Lots of great, inspiring and funny experiences! And I would say 99% were super positive! I am always happy to host. But please read this first:
IMPORTANT: Couchsurfing is a community, it's learning from each other and exploring a new culture. So I expect from my guests:
1. Please, take your time and complete your profile. That makes it easier for me to feel happy hosting you. I am letting you into MY privacy, my house, my little kingdom so I expect you to make a little effort to tell me something about yourself.
2. I appreciate personal requests and no copy-paste stuff as I am not a hotel but a real person with a passion for couchsurfing.
3. Don't request for a stay longer than 3 nights (some few exceptions might be ok, but when you are looking for a place to stay for longer I advise you to use airbnb, booking.com or any other platform to find accomodation.
4. If it's your first time using couchsurfing please inform yourself first, what couchsurfing is about. It's not just free accomodation, it's making friends abroad and exchanging cultures and different points of view.
So please: Get some information into your profile and take your time writing a request. Otherwise don't even try. I will decline straight away.
This is a test to see, if you actually read my profile: Please add a PS to your request stating which person inspired you the most and why (no need for an essay, just a quick sentence).
-travelling (of course, why else should I be here. I see hosting as travelling while being at home aswell)
-singing (I am not a very good singer, but I feel free, when I can sing)
-reading (I am very much into poems and prefer reading them in the original language, as I think a lot gets lost, when you try to translate it.)
-languages (I had the luck of being brought up with two mothertongues. In school I learnt English and French and tried to add Italian to my list. A few years back I had a Swedish crash-course and I am always happy to learn more!)
-music (Almost anything!)
-Acting (I was in an amateur-group where we wrote our plays ourselves and interpreted them our way. I loved the process and learning more about myself)
-Photography (I am not really good yet, but I am happy to learn more. I prefer close-ups, Makrophotography and Portraits.)
-unicorns. and rainbows. ;)
- last minute travel
Music, Movies, and Books
Music: I listen to almost any kind of music, it mostly depends on the mood.. I'm kind of a rock chick but I also enjoy tropical house to chillax. I love Frank Sinatra too.
I am happy to share music with you and to learn the kind of music you like. So feel free to plug in your mp3 and turn the music on!
Reading: I've never been the big reader. But as stated above, I prefer Poems. :) My favourite book is "The Alchimist" A story about a traveller, the meaning of life and finding yourself! (btw: bought that book on my travel to Berlin, without knowing anything about the book. I believe it was destiny. - here's an update: I actually now gifted to a couchsurfer I had, who wanted to learn german and already knew the book. Maktub ;-) )
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
I think every day is a gift and every day nourishes our soul with new adventures, challenges, thoughts and moments!
But I'd say travelling for almost 15 months all over the world has - so far -been the best thing I've experienced! Meeting so many wonderful people and getting to know new cultures and places. Plus: I finally met my family again - after 13 years of not seeing them!
Teach, Learn, Share
share travel experiences, fotographs, friendships, laughters and thoughts.
I don't have a special talent, but I am happy to learn from you and maybe discuss our point of views.
If you play piano I would be more than happy to learn something from you. I just got one and I am teaching myself with youtube videos.. ;-)
What I Can Share with Hosts
I'll share everything as long as i don't feel used. I am really generous and love to help people, but once I feel there's nothing coming back I'll address it straight away. I don't expect you to pay anything or invite me, but just show, that you appreciate staying with us. :)
Countries I’ve Visited
Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belize, Bolivia, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Czech Republic, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, France, Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Honduras, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Liechtenstein, Mexico, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Poland, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States, Venezuela
Countries I’ve Lived In