- 96% response rate
- Last login about 2 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Jacob’s full profile.
READ ABOUT ME SECTION AND MY HOME FIRST! IT ONLY TAKES ABOUT 6 MINUTES
* Free to host: *"* 05.2023
* I can not host 24-31.03.2023 and 6-18.04.2023.
* I have surfers these days: 2th-5th April and 23th - 30th of April of 2023 I'm full and can't host anymore, please note that while sending a request (: *
Until October 2023 I live in the center of Helsinki. Welcome 😉
* I work as a construction painter weekdays from 7:00-15:30 . I wake up at 6 am and get home at 4 pm.
The surfer doesn't have to wake up and leave the apartment with me at 6 am.
* I want to make it clear that staying at my place is strictly recommended for turist travel purposes and not work related travel. I do not have tables or wifi for work related tasks.
I'm polite, sociable, and clean. Well educated person with a multi-cultural background.
I love : traveling , nature⛰️🏕️, music, friends, culture, film , history, architecture, old castles🏚️
I like to take photos of nature and people https://www.instagram.com/jacob.leim/
I'm not a party person. I do not drink alcohol and do not smoke
❗I am for peace 🇺🇳☮️🕊️ and against xenophobia.
❗I live alone and have no pets.
❗I do not have a car.
⭕🚫 I’M NOT A NUDIST and I don't share bed❗
❗⭕Please remember Couchsurfing is not Tinder
I don't post pictures of myself very often. I don't like posting my private photos on social media.
# I'm not sexist and I accept any surfer gender background.
# I do not leave a request unanswered. (I will try and respond within 1-2 days)
IMPORTANT FOR COUCH REQUESTS:
1. Don't send me a request if you expect to party hard or come back super late, especially during the weekdays.
2. Please practise good hygiene.
3. I don't or rarely accept last minute request because I need to arrange my schedule.
4. If you do not have references or are a new user I can host you
5. I have space for just TWO . It's about my comfort and yours.
6. Please send me a request in english
7. I can give you a bed sheet and a towel
* No Noise after 10pm
* Do not recommend: fry meat or anything that has a strong smell in the evenings. OR spicy foods.
I don't like the smell of fried food in the apartment especially before going to bed.
*Do not recommend : Waking up late 10-11 am
*Do not recommend : Sitting at home most of the time, it is better to explore the city.
*Please have your phone on silent during the night, only alarms for waking up are ok.
*Alcohol consumption is prohibited at my place, beer is also prohibited. I want mostly sober guests.
*I do not welcome talk on vulgar topics, this is contrary to the values of Couchsurfing.
* Provide an estimated time you would arrive to the apartment
* Prior to departure leave the bedroom as you left it.
* Clean up after yourselves.
* Smoking allowed outside
* There is a washing machine, if you need to wash things, write to me in advance so that I can book a time.
* Note that if you leave the apartment please have all your important belongings with you.
* If arriving by plane provide me arrival to airport in order so that:
1. I can plan around your arrival
2. I can suggest you the easiest way on how to arrive to my apartment
1) If you do not arrive at the last moment, write to me in advance. I can't wait 24 hours. I understand that there will be no Internet, battery charging is over, your plane flight is late or canceled.
2) I like to take photos for memory of and with the guests. I don't post public social media photos on Сouchsurfing either. Only private instagram and facebook, if the guest gives their permission to publish.
* Near where I live there is a Protestant church, an Orthodox church, a Synagogue and a Mosque.
We chat in whatsapp is so convenient and faster
Phone: +3584****** (use WhatsApp and Telegram)
More Experience and Living
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
I like meeting new interesting people from all over the world, have a lot of fun, and would love to have friends in every place on Earth)
I would like to host travellers in my apartment and help them to have fun in Helsinki and in return would like to have a host and great company when I travel as well!)
We don't like just traveling...we're trying to meet interesting people everywhere . CS is a great social network which helps these types of people find each other.
My CS experience as a guest and a host have been excellent so far.
Traveling (sightseeing or hiking), Photographer 📷 Art house, Modern art, Literature, Travel, History. Museums. Оld nokia mobile phones
I will write a list of countries and how many times from these countries I have hosted.
Some did not leave reviews, but for this I have a book for reviews at home)
1) 🇫🇮Finland many times 2013-2023
2) 🇦🇹Austria 2014-2018 (2 times)
3) 🇩🇪Germany 2015-2023 (15 times)
4) 🇵🇱Poland 2015-2023 (13 times)
5) 🇷🇺Russia. 2016-2022 (8 times)
6) 🇺🇦Ukraina 2016-2023 (5 times)
7) 🇯🇵Japan. 2017-2022 (3 times)
8) 🇨🇿Czech 2017-2022 (8 times)
9) 🇫🇷 France 2017-2023 (10 times)
10) 🇪🇸Spain. 2017-2022 (2 times)
11) 🇸🇰 Slovakia 2017-2022 (4 times)
12) 🇮🇳India 2017-2023 (3 times)
13) 🇦🇷Argentina 2018-2022 (12 times)
14) 🇮🇹Italia. 2019-2022 (3 times)
15) 🇩🇿Algeria 2021-2022 (2 times)
16) 🇺🇸USA 2015-2022 (6 times)
17) 🇨🇳China. 2022 (2 time's)
18) 🇲🇦Morocco 2022
19) 🇹🇷Türkiye. 2022 - 2023 (14 times)
20) 🇧🇷Brazil. 2022 (2 times)
21) 🇹🇳 Tunisia 2022 (2 times)
22) 🇱🇻 Latvia 2022 (3 times)
23) 🇨🇦 Canada 2022
24) 🇦🇺 Australia 2022
25) 🇮🇷Iran 2022
26) 🇨🇭Switzerland 2022
27) 🇬🇧🏴 UK Scotland 2022
28) 🇵🇪Peru 2022
29) 🇭🇺Hungary 2022
30) 🇨🇷Costa Rica 2022
31) 🇭🇰Hong Kong 2022 (2 times)
32) 🇩🇴 Dominican 2022
33) 🇳🇱 Netherlands 2022
34) 🇳🇬 Nigeria 2022
35) 🇺🇿 Uzbekistan 2022
36) 🇮🇩 Indonesia 2023
37) 🇹🇼 Taiwan 2023 (2 times)
38) 🇵🇭 Philippines 2023
39) 🇸🇬 Singapore 2023
40) 🇲🇾 Malaysia 2023
41) 🇲🇽 Mexico 2023
42) 🇸🇪 Sweden 2023 (3 times)
Total 143 surfers on 23.03.2023
- international relations
- urban exploration
- watching movies
- learning languages
- exploring new places
- new experiences
- meeting new people
- landscape architecture
Music, Movies, and Books
Music : Classic, Beethoven, Mozart, Tchaikovsky, Brahms, Wagner, Jean Sibelius, Prokofiev, Eartha Kitt (1927-2008)ABBA, Ace of Bace, Sandra , Demis Roussos, Cher, Kim Wilde, Céline Dion, Savage Garden, Britney Spears, Groove Coverage, Iglesias, J Timberlike, Lady Gaga, Adele, Ava Max, Battle Beast
Writers : Leo Tolstoy (1828-1910) Felix Dahn (1834-1912) ,Oscar Wilde (1854-1900), Bernard Shaw 1856-1950), Jack London (1876-1916), Mikhail Bulgakov (1891-1940) Astrid Lindgren (1907-2002), Agatha Christie (1890-1976), Arthur Conan Doyle (1859-1930), Reşat Nuri Güntekin(1889-1956), Frans Eemil Sillanpää (1888-1964)Margaret Mitchell (1900-1949) * Gone with the Wind*
Directors and Actors: Ingrid Bergman (1915-1982), Ingmar Bergman (1918-2007),Margaret Rutherford (1892-1972), Greta Garbo (1905-1990), Cary Grant (1904-1986), Joan Hickson (1906-1998), Marilyn Monroe (1926-1962), Peter Falk (1927-2011), Audrey Hepburn (1929-1993), Elizabeth Taylor (1932-2011), David Suchet (1946), Meryl Streep (1949), Tom Cruise (1962) , Brad Pitt (1963), Johnny Depp (1963), Nicole Kidman (1967), Angelina Jolie (1975), Orlando Bloom (1977)
Teach, Learn, Share
I wound enjoy hearing about life in different countries, cultures and people's thoughts on life's fundamental questions!)
For me sharing is more about stories, thoughts and feelings, because sharing things... it goes without saying)
Some information that might help moving around in Helsinki:
Airport - Centre Railway Helsinki train 10 stops (29 min) and Walk 12 min (1200 m) to my place Kamppi Helsinki .Single ticket on the HSL app, with the HSL card and at ticket machines 4,10 € ABC. If you plan to visit national parks and use public transport, I recommend buying tickets daily ABC-day ticket 1 day(s) 11,00 € / 2 day(s) 16,50 €
By Bus to Nuuksio national Park Bus 245(A) departs from Espoo Centre to the eastern and northern part of the national park and to the Finnish Nature Centre Haltia. In summer, the bus takes you all the way to Kattila in Nuuksio, but in winter the terminus is in Nuuksionpää. The Espoo Centre can be reached by train (E, L, U, and Y). ABC-day ticket 1 day(s) 11,00 € / 2 day(s) 16,50 €
By buses 785, 785K, 787, 787A, 787K, 788 to Sipoonkorpi from Railway square Helsinki Hide 33 stops
(44 min) Required ticket: 15,00 € 1 day(s) / 22,50 € 2 day(s)
Free admission days at museums in Helsinki
National Museum of Finland Mannerheimintie 34 Fridays 4pm-6pm
Free entrance. Welcome! https://www.myhelsinki.fi/en/search?tags=free%2Cmuseums&page=2
There are several museums and shops near me * Opening hours 🕒 Ticket prices 💶
1) Natural History Museum Tu-Su 10 am – 4-5 pm 17 €/ 8 €
2) National Museum of Finland Tu-Su 10 am – 4-5 pm 15 € / 10 €
3) Museum of Contemporary Art Kiasma adults Tu-Su 10 am – 4-5 pm 18 € / 16 €
4) The Amos Rex art museum combines the past We-Mo 11 am – 5-8 pm 20 € / 5 €
5) Ateneum Art Museum THE ATENEUM ART MUSEUM IS CLOSED DUE TO RENOVATION
6) Art gallery Helsinki Tu-Su 11 am – 5-6 pm 14 / €8
7) Temppeliaukio Church Tu-Su 10 am – 5 pm 4 € / person
8 ) Helsinki Art Museum Tu-Su 11:30 am – 7 pm 12/10 €
9 ) Sinebrychoff Art Museum Tu-Su 10:30 am – 5 pm 12/10 €
10 ) Design Museum Tu-Su 11:00 am – 6 pm 12/10 €
The currency in Finland is the euro, all cards accept visa and mastercard.
What I Can Share with Hosts
I can show you around the city during the weekends or if I have free time. I will also try and recommend places to visit or places to eat. If you need help with anything I will try and help (phone chargers ect.).
Countries I’ve Visited
Belgium, Denmark, England, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Russian Federation, Scotland, Sweden