Wants to Meet Up
- Last login about 13 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see James’s full profile.
30. I'm currently living in Athens as a school teacher. One of my favourite hobbies when I have the time is learning and practising foreign languages, eg Chinese, Spanish, French, Greek. I also like sharing stories and talking to interesting/different people, music, travelling (of course), improvised musical comedy, hiking, and outdoors things.
MY MOTTO: Live life without a motto.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
To connect with local people, customs etc, not just abuse the opportunity of a free room.
I've been hosted by great hosts in Taiwan and Morocco, which have definitely been the best experiences of those trips!
While I don't have the space to host in my home in Athens, when I'm free I am happy to meet up with travellers to share advice about the area I live in!
Music, languages, travelling, hiking, running, cycling etc
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Travelled in East Asia quite a lot recently... Among the most memorable parts:
- Hiking for three days on Yakushima in southern Japan
- Camped and saw amazing sunrises above the clouds on mountains in southern China
- Lots and lots of long Chinese train journeys
Countries I’ve Visited
Andorra, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Egypt, England, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Guam, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Macao, Malaysia, Malta, Monaco, Montenegro, Morocco, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Oman, Palestine, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Scotland, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States, Vatican City State, Viet Nam, Wales, Zambia
Countries I’ve Lived In
China, Greece, Hong Kong, United Kingdom