- Last login 7 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Jean François’s full profile. It’s free!
Get out of CS!
If you wish to contact me from now on:
After updating all my references, CS decided to blatantly remove them all. That´s called censorship anywhere in the world.
I AM TRULY DISAPPOINTED ON HOW CS HAS BEEN SOLD FOR A PROFIT TO PEOPLE WHO DON´T UNDERSTAND WHAT CS WAS ABOUT. TO THEM THIS IS JUST ANY REGULAR BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY AND AS SUCH THEY ARE TREATING THE CS COMMUNITY.
PERSONALLY I AM MOVING OUT FROM HERE. I SEE NO REASON TO STAY IN CS UNDER THE CURRENT CONDITIONS AND EVEN MORE CONSIDERING THE LATEST CHANGES ON THE WEBSITE.
I ADVICE EVERYONE TO CONSIDER CAREFULLY WHY DID WE STARTED BEING CSERS IN THE FIRST PLACE.
DEFINITELY NOT FOR THE BENEFIT OF OTHERS.
As a result, I am taking the following actions:
- Make a PDF printout of my current profile (I can later on link that PDF for further reading)
- Contact all the people who ever left a reference in my profile and request it to be replaced with some complain about the situation. On the same message I will announce them my next step.
- Replace ALL my references with an explanatory text (Having my PDF I will be able to put them back if things change for the better)
- Contact all my CS friends and send them this message (Providing my contact data for those who don´t have it and requesting to not be replied to CS but to my email)
- Request all my vouches to be removed.
- Remove all vouches I gave.
- Post this message in all the groups I belong to and leave them.
- Fill my profile with as much information as possible about the new management intentions.
- And never ever log in again.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
CS has proved to be sold to a bunch of corporate people who simply look for benefits and don´t care at all abour the community.
They ignore the existing requests to keep the original spirit of CS and they even resort to censorship to try to avoid their image being soiled.
Truth is, their own actions speak enough for themselves.
What originally was a great idea (with all the benefits that reported to its creator) has turned into a mere shadow of what it once was.
I can´t explain enough my disgust for the current way of doing things and how much the community is neglected.